questions about Sapphire

droopy1

We leave this Sat. on the Sapphire out of Vancouver. Just wondering if anyone has recently sailed this ship and how was it. Was there a dining room open on the day of embarktion. How were the shows, the food. Were the beds as bad as everyone says? Do you know who the captain is. Sorry this is long, I am so excited can't wait until next weekend. Thank you

we sailed the sapphire in oct 08. The dinning rooms open on embarkation. The only thing that bothered us was the theater didn't hold enough people and we had to rush threw dinner to make sure we had a seat. The shows were great. and i found the beds to be very comfortable. This was our first princess cruise and had a great time. We will be on the Caribbean Princess Nov 1st and can't wait. Hope this helps and have a great time.

We leave this Sat. on the Sapphire out of Vancouver. Just wondering if anyone has recently sailed this ship and how was it. Was there a dining room open on the day of embarktion. How were the shows, the food. Were the beds as bad as everyone says? Do you know who the captain is. Sorry this is long, I am so excited can't wait until next weekend. Thank you

We too were on her in October 2008. I can't tell you about the shows since we don't go to any of them but the food was great and the bed was comfy. By comfy, we did request an egg crate mattress topper because we didn't want to take a chance of having a lumpy mattress. The Sapphire is a beautiful ship and I am sure you will enjoy being on her as much as we were.

We were on in May of 09 with a group of fifteen we did anytime dining which was great, service was very good in all the dining rooms and so was the food. much better than on the Emerald Princess in 08. Crew were all very friendly the beds were fine. The showroom is too small and always packed so get there early if you want a seat. The ship was very nice and we all had a great time, and so will you I'm sure. so have fun!

PS we are going on her sister ship the Diamond In Sept on a trans Pacific crossing.

We were on the Sapphire's 7/4 Alaskan SB cruise. I found the bed pretty comfy and didn't feel a need to ask for the egg crate.

I'm not sure if the dining room was open on embarkation, but the Horizen buffet was more than fine. The food was incredibly fresh. I was very surprised at how fresh the veggies were and had a salad & soup with every meal. At home we normally get our veggies via a CSA so we're used to vegetables that have only been picked a few days before we eat them.

I didn't make many shows, but found both comedians to be very funny. Even though one comedian(unknowingly) managed to single out half my family for most of his jokes.

We just returned from our Sapphire B2B on 7/4 & 7/11. We loved the ship!:) There was 21 of us the first week and 6 of us the second week.

Since we were on there for two weeks we did ask for a egg crate and a top sheet and slept like babies.

We found the food to be very good. We ate at all venues. From buffet, dining room, Sabitini's, Sterling Steak House, afternoon tea, pizza bar and hamburger bar. One thing about it you will never be hungry!;) We ate at the buffet on embarkation day so can not help you there.

We did attend the shows the first week and the comedians the second week. The shows are shown for two nights, so we would wait until the second night and it did not seem to be so crowded. I found the shows to be good but not over the top. We were on the Coral in 2007 and found the shows alot better. We did go early for the comedians and it ended up being standing room only.

The Captain's name is Tony Herriott. We also had a great steward named Mark. Always smiling and always very personable.

I will tell you that this Alaska cruise was unbelievable. We had a great ship, great weather, great wildlife and great friends. I would go back in a heart beat!:D

We sailed Sapphire in April. The ship is beautiful and in good condition. We didn't find the beds uncomfortable, but as others have stated, you can ask for an egg crate topper which softens them up a bit.

We saw several comedians and one production show (Piano Man) and enjoyed all of them.

We have a lot of pics of the ship in our signature as well. We'd sail this ship again.

I'm sure you have done your homework on the ship but be sure to check out Skywalkers for viewing. On the days the deck was cool we would wonder up there and spend time. You can view port, starboard and aft by just walking a few steps.

Happy cruising!:)

Also be sure to and go to deck 15 to check out deck blankets. They were very handy on the balcony. You can check them out on Sunday and keep them until Friday! Be sure to check the size of the blanket because some are awfully small and they will exchange with you.

Okay I'll quit now!;)

Hello,

For those of you in the know...I have a question please. Just off the Star and had a wonderful time. I am booked on the Sapphire for New Years. The question is...Does the Sapphire have the International Cafe and the coffee bar? THanks for your help!!

Lindy

Deck 15 is the upper deck above the enclosed pool. The crew was sitting next to the ping pong table. They will ask your name and cabin #. When you return blankets on Friday they will check off that you returned them and you won't be charged.

The Sapphire did not have the International Cafe and coffee bar. We went to deck 5 in the atrium bar area and they made our specialty coffees there.

Deck 15 is the upper deck above the enclosed pool. The crew was sitting next to the ping pong table. They will ask your name and cabin #. When you return blankets on Friday they will check off that you returned them and you won't be charged.

The Sapphire did not have the International Cafe and coffee bar. We went to deck 5 in the atrium bar area and they made our specialty coffees there.

ok so let me see if i got this, you can go to deck 15 and get blankets for your own balcony? is this only on the sapphire, can this also be done on the coral? we are on the coral next year in Alaska and would love to be able to do that during the glacier cruising days!:D

I thought the Sun was going into drydock?! I didn't think Sapphire had a drydock date yet but I would love to be proven wrong. All one needs to do is look through the Sapphire's itiniary and find an unaccountedfor week or two. There were some major changes to it's itiniary for 2010 and 11 with many less MX cruises (and more HI cruises) so that could have left a "hole" in the schedule too...

Katherine

Hello,

For those of you in the know...I have a question please. Just off the Star and had a wonderful time. I am booked on the Sapphire for New Years. The question is...Does the Sapphire have the International Cafe and the coffee bar? THanks for your help!!

Lindy

Please join our Roll Call!:) (off to go check if you already have)

Archived