Frustrated (Miami)

nseagirl

I have read a lot of the posts on here and looked at many of the hotels that were recommended. I cannot find a decent room anywhere for under $200 a night for early February. This will be my first cruise out of Miami and the entire room charge will be on me. I was hoping to find a reasonable, clean, safe hotel with a restaurant for about $150 or less. Am I dreaming?? :(

I agree with the above...try the airport hotels or rent a car and stay outside downtown Miami. We've done this in the past, going the day before and stayed at a La Quinta in Cutler Ridge, about 20 miles south of Miami...got a good price on the hotel, it was decent. We drove into port on a weekend day, so not too much traffic.

I agree with megr1125, try priceline. I got the JW Marriott in Downtown Miami (supposed to be an amazing hotel!) on New Years Day for $130/night. I thought there was no way I'd get something under $150 given that it's the holiday, plus the Orange Bowl is that day, plus other hotels downtown had already sold out. So, I think I lucked out. Give it a try!

I always use Hotwire.com to book and have always gotten good rates and hotels. This is the website where they don't tell you what hotel you have until you book it. We just paid $50 for a South Beach hotel (whitelaw hotel):) that is normally $125 plus a night. We have always booked through Hotwire and never have been disappointed with the hotels we get. Hope this can help

I agree with megr1125, try priceline. I got the JW Marriott in Downtown Miami (supposed to be an amazing hotel!) on New Years Day for $130/night. I thought there was no way I'd get something under $150 given that it's the holiday, plus the Orange Bowl is that day, plus other hotels downtown had already sold out. So, I think I lucked out. Give it a try!

that is one of my all time favorite marriotts and goodness knows i stay in a LOT of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello we are cruising on the Destiny Sept.07, I went on Priceline and named my own price and got the Hyatt hotel downtown Miami for $55 dollars Plus tax, total $69 we are flying into fll. got Sas shuttle for $15 a person to the hotel.the hotel is only 1/2 mile from port and bayside market place.

if you use HW or PL, look at the sticky at the top of this thread and at betterbidding.com and biddingfortravel.com

do not bid less than 3.5 stars-MAYBE 3.....and you should be OK

This is the best if you want to use PL or HW, you can get some great bidding tips before hand . I like Betterbidding the most, with it you can get a very good idea on the hotel you are getting on Hotwire.

well worth the time spent reading the information. I got one night in November at the grand Hyatt in Tampa for $60.00

2nd week of Jan..we got the POM Holiday Inn for $160 thru Priceline..

we expected a downtown hotel nowwhere close to the port..and HI pop d

up when they accepted our bid..:)

:confused:

I'm confused. You got this price from Priceline? I just went to the Holiday Inn website selected Jan 8th and $160 was the standard price.

Where's this wonderful savings I keep hearing about?

:D Or were you a "Namby Pamby" as they say in the commercials? :D

I just got the Hyatt Summerfield Suites Miami Airport today on Hotwire for 3 adults in the beginning of October for $57. This hotel was exactly what we wanted: a suite, free airport shuttle, free breakfast, and restaurants and shopping within walking distance!

:confused:

I'm confused. You got this price from Priceline? I just went to the Holiday Inn website selected Jan 8th and $160 was the standard price.

Where's this wonderful savings I keep hearing about?

:D Or were you a "Namby Pamby" as they say in the commercials? :D

Deepnite,

Did you "book" with PL or "name your own price" with them?

we stayed at the Holiday Inn and loved it.

Great location too.

I have read a lot of the posts on here and looked at many of the hotels that were recommended. I cannot find a decent room anywhere for under $200 a night for early February. This will be my first cruise out of Miami and the entire room charge will be on me. I was hoping to find a reasonable, clean, safe hotel with a restaurant for about $150 or less. Am I dreaming?? :(

Ok, what is going on in Miami the week of February 7th 2010? I finally just bit the bullet and reserved at the Holiday Inn downtown for $209. Seriously, that was about the best I could do. I have used HW and PL many times. It just didn't get me anywhere this time. Oh well, it's done and I'll just save my pennies. It will be a great trip regardless of how broke I will be. :p

Well bust my buttons! I thought the Super Bowl was always the last Sunday in January! My birthday is the 27th and there have been many a SB party on that date. What in the world am I doing going to Miami on SB weekend?????? Somebody slap me!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:

Archived