Golden Fleece supper club on the Legend

Jacob0525

My wife and I are sailing on the Legend at the end of this month. We made reservations at the supper club for our birthdays on September 1st. Has anyone had a meal there and how was the food? Is it worth the $30.00 per person charge? Thanks for the input.

My wife and I are sailing on the Legend at the end of this month. We made reservations at the supper club for our birthdays on September 1st. Has anyone had a meal there and how was the food? Is it worth the $30.00 per person charge? Thanks for the input.

It was the best food on the cruise and totally worth it IMHO. Just make sure that you arrive hungry and know that the meal will take 2-2.5 hours. We actually talk about eating there again but wanted to spend the money elsewhere.

I had:

Lobster Bisque (SO good)

Caesar Salad (made tableside and also very good)

16 oz Lobster tail (Perfectly cooked) with the warm potato salad and creamed spinach

and the Chocolate dessert

DH Had:

The beef appetizer (name escapes me right now) - I liked it but he wasnt a huge fan.

Garden salad

24 oz porterhouse - blew him away. He was more than content with that! It came with a baked potato and he had some creamed spinach

and the cheesecake dessert, but he liked mine more :)

I have pics but have not uploaded them. The steak and lobseter were well worth the $60.00 plus tip (there is no auto tip here), but the service is impeccable

If you like fine dining, definately go for it. The steaks are awesome. Service and Food Presention top notch. No rushing to get you out and you get menu items not found in the main dining room. Everything is individually prepared for you.

Enjoy.

Ate there in May..................AWESOME experience. You wanna talk value for your money at $30/pp I don't think you can find a better value for a 5 star dining experience.

The best part is that they cook the food there in the supper club so you know it is fresh and not "hot plated" anywhere. Go for it, I garuntee you will not be dissapointed.

That was me. I am so used to seeing +15% on everything that I signed, so we just assumed that gratuity was not included. We were more than happy to leave 20% though.

Someone mentioned no auto tip, which I am not sure is clear... the $30 already includes some gratuity although it's not much so you can add to it on the bill.

Been there twice.......have taken the Legend twice !

It is NOT worth the $ 30.00 plus tip......it's worth at least TWICE that much.

Food is fantastic......servers are awesome (and in each case for us, deserved a fair 20% tip).......ps.....go hungry, the amounts served

are Giganda !

Been there twice.......have taken the Legend twice !

It is NOT worth the $ 30.00 plus tip......it's worth at least TWICE that much.

Food is fantastic......servers are awesome (and in each case for us, deserved a fair 20% tip).......ps.....go hungry, the amounts served

are Giganda !

I was under the impression the 30 dollars included the tip. Adding extra tip is acceptable, but not expected, right?

"The $30 fee includes an appetizer, entrées, desert and the wait staffs' gratuity; additional gratuities are optional and may be extended in cash or to the guest's Sail & Sign Account, at the guest's discretion."

I do not remember where I read this, does Legend has strawberry bisque? I am not sure of bisque but it is something someone said to try it out. I have look at the capers and I do not see it or it is something they make upon request? :confused: Or is it at one of the ports?

My DH and I are going go to the Golden Fleece on our third night at sea. We have not eaten at a expensive restaurant (we have eaten at N.C.O. clubs), there is very few here and they started out 50 dollars a plate. That is very high for us.

Food is very subjective, but if your a foodie this place is for you.

We adore the supper club and try to eat at least once during our trip there.

Tipping is also a personal choice, some will say the 30 bucks IS the tip, others leave extra.

The service and food is so over the top I think I'd be terribly embarrassed not to leave a nice cash tip, but thats me, you do what you think is right for you. The staff really bend over backward to make it a wonderful dining experience.

Our best overall experience was on the Spirit in Feb, the head Chef in that SC was out on the floor talking to customers, bringing tempting samples around and if you complemented him on something they would bring you a big dish. We adored the champaigne sorbet they brought around in little tastes, and we raved about it, pretty soon I had a dish of it at my table.

It was that or the chocolate and I chose the sorbet, for me to choose that over chocolate it musta been awesome:D

Excellent, excellent service and meal, really made it special.

We usually tip about 20 in cash after the meal.

Enjoy!!!

The service and food is so over the top I think I'd be terribly embarrassed not to leave a nice cash tip, but thats me, you do what you think is right for you. The staff really bend over backward to make it a wonderful dining experience.

We usually tip about 20 in cash after the meal.

We are exactly where this couple is......if you size up what is served to you for only $ 30.....our guess is that the so-called included tip can't be more than what....2 or 3 bucks ?

To us, the servers well deserve another $20 cash, absolutely !

We are exactly where this couple is......if you size up what is served to you for only $ 30.....our guess is that the so-called included tip can't be more than what....2 or 3 bucks ?

To us, the servers well deserve another $20 cash, absolutely !

It is not a $30 dinner.

It is a $30 upgrade to what you have already paid, for your meal in the MDR, where you are also already tipping your MDR servers as well, for a meal not served, and not eaten.

It is not a $30 dinner.

It is a $30 upgrade to what you have already paid, for your meal in the MDR, where you are also already tipping your MDR servers as well, for a meal not served, and not eaten.

Our MDR gratuities for the night we ate in The Golden Fleece were taken off our S&S acct. I thought this was kinda unfair so added them back in. Wait staff deserve much more than what they are alloted.

Our MDR gratuities for the night we ate in The Golden Fleece were taken off our S&S acct. I thought this was kinda unfair so added them back in. Wait staff deserve much more than what they are alloted.

The gratuities on your S&S are NEVER adjusted unless YOU do something.

We have had dinner in the Golden Fleece once and in the supper club on the Freedom once. Both dinners were very good. Both worth the $30.00 up charge. However, I do not think they are as fantastic as some do. Tables are very close together (IMO, as close as the MDR) and the presentation is overdone. At some point, I am sure we will go to one again, but neither of us are in a hurry to get back.

It is all personal preferences: we like several fine dining establishments near our home better. They are more costly, but for us, a better fit and value for our dining dollars.

I am sure you will enjoy your dinner. Happy cruising.

We have had dinner in the Golden Fleece once and in the supper club on the Freedom once. Both dinners were very good. Both worth the $30.00 up charge. However, I do not think they are as fantastic as some do. Tables are very close together (IMO, as close as the MDR) and the presentation is overdone. At some point, I am sure we will go to one again, but neither of us are in a hurry to get back.

It is all personal preferences: we like several fine dining establishments near our home better. They are more costly, but for us, a better fit and value for our dining dollars.

I am sure you will enjoy your dinner. Happy cruising.

Fine dining in your area was not the question. sorry. We have them here but nothing for 60 bucks that is that good. We loved it and would do it again in a heart beat.

We will be trying the Golden Fleece in October and can't wait. We have enjoyed Nick & Nora's on the Miracle and enjoyed every minute of it.

The service was amazing... and the food even better.. Well worht the $30 ... Counting the days...

I do not remember where I read this, does Legend has strawberry bisque? I am not sure of bisque but it is something someone said to try it out. I have look at the capers and I do not see it or it is something they make upon request? :confused: Or is it at one of the ports?

My DH and I are going go to the Golden Fleece on our third night at sea. We have not eaten at a expensive restaurant (we have eaten at N.C.O. clubs), there is very few here and they started out 50 dollars a plate. That is very high for us.

Strawberry Bisque is served one night the main DR, not the supper club. You can get lobster bisque in the MDR also, but it is not the same as in the supper club and not nearly as good. Generally the soups (I LOVE the pumpkin) in the MDR are pretty good. My best advice, ask the waiter what is good - they have never lead me wrong yet in 4 cruises!

Strawberry Bisque is served one night the main DR, not the supper club. You can get lobster bisque in the MDR also, but it is not the same as in the supper club and not nearly as good. Generally the soups (I LOVE the pumpkin) in the MDR are pretty good. My best advice, ask the waiter what is good - they have never lead me wrong yet in 4 cruises!

On the Sensation when I couldn't decide I asked the waiter what the better choice was and followed his suggestion. He was right on! Everyone else at the table was unhappy with their choice,but I was quite satisfied. We too are going to try out the Golden Fleece. There are two couples, are you suggesting then that we tip $40.00? $10.00 a piece? That meal is still cheaper than our annual get to gether at Ruth Chris, where we spent over 250.00 for the 4 of us, and weren't that happy with the service. :)

There are two couples, are you suggesting then that we tip $40.00? $10.00 a piece? That meal is still cheaper than our annual get to gether at Ruth Chris, where we spent over 250.00 for the 4 of us, and weren't that happy with the service. :)

That's what we do, and given the quality and what's been great service for us each time.....we think it's the right amount. (others might think closer to maybe 20%, i.e., $6.00 each).

Some people stiff the waiters.....we'd be upset to do so.......they're just awesome the way they cater to your needs !

Can't wait myself.....coming up on Pride next month !!!!

Archived