The Dark Side?

JD75

Just read this message board is considered "the dark side" - how'd that come about? Aside from a handful of touchy subjects that come up, it seems pretty friendly in here to me.

Just read this message board is considered "the dark side" - how'd that come about? Aside from a handful of touchy subjects that come up, it seems pretty friendly in here to me.

First, I'd have to know where you read that to put it in context. As it is, it could have several meanings. I think most people on here are thrilled to be cruising and try to pass on their enthusiasm, so I question the source.

First, I'd have to know where you read that to put it in context. As it is, it could have several meanings. I think most people on here are thrilled to be cruising and try to pass on their enthusiasm, so I question the source.

I agree with you on this one. I've never even heard such a thing...

I think it's because this board can become nasty by a couple of posters in a quick hurry on a thread they don't like..... I have seen some uncalled for responses on here that would cause others to feel this way.... I just brush them off and move on.... for the most part the people on here are very friendly and helpful but there are a few if you don't do or think exactly as they do they can become nasty quick....

Just watch and wait.

Often the really horrid threads disappear.

But not always.

Some of the truly toxic folks have wandered away, but some are still lying in wait.

I think it's because this board can become nasty by a couple of posters in a quick hurry on a thread they don't like..... I have seen some uncalled for responses on here that would cause others to feel this way.... I just brush them off and move on.... for the most part the people on here are very friendly and helpful but there are a few if you don't do or think exactly as they do they can become nasty quick....

Yep, there's a couple; maybe a few, but not that many. Some sit like buzzards ready to pounce on prey! (that was not nasty, just a metaphore) :D

Got to ignore as much as possible. Hey, being a cigar lover onboard I've heard it all. :p:D

Heck this site is calm compared to Carnival Connections. They have a group that attack everybody for anything. Really is a crappy bunch over there!

Ohh ... sounds like just the type of internet dive bar I adore ...

Seriously though, this place is an oasis of calm on the interwebs. I have yet to see anyone go tell someone else to go die in a fire. ;)

I found the post that you were referring to. There are several people on this board that cannot tolerate trolls. A troll is a person who signs in for a new name and then posts a controversial question just to get a heated debate started. Nasty things are said about trolls. Sometimes newbies can be accused of being trolls, also. People should just tell the OP of a thread like (politely) that this is a much discussed question and to do some research and he (she) will find plenty of answers to his question.

I know which site you are referring to, It's a bunch of people that got banned over on the NCL boards...I was over there for a while but they never talk about crusin just hang out in a bunch of cliques......dennis

I checked out several boards .. I found this one to be the friendliest.. Honestly.. there are a few ( aren't there always) who seem to have very strong reactions to certian subjects.. tipping, smoking, attire and flip flops seem to be the subjects that get a little hatefull... but all in all I have made some great friends and have gotten some fantastic information from this board.. ignore the cranky and you will figure out who they are very quickly...

Welcome to CC..

HAHAHA! You're obviously not one of them.

Well thank you (I think)! :D

Hair is not my strong point! Oh, and the troll looks like he could use a work out or 12! :p

Do you think he's dressed sufficiently for Formal/Elegant nights? :D

While I don't know what the OP's source was, I can tell you that the booking agent at Regent DEFINITELY considers CC to be a negative and unreliable source of information — of course, she just wants us to book our world cruise for our anniversary with her and didn't like the questions I was asking about the complaints I've read here. I told her that the vast majority of reviews/comments are quite balanced, providing both highlights and low points -- and that if she wants me to throw away the bad feedback, I'll have to throw away the good too.

Personally, I find this site invaluable -- and aside from the occasional poster who's obviously got a stick up their nether region, everyone here is really quite lovely --

So Regent is officially off the list -- we're down to Seabourn and Crystal!

Heck this site is calm compared to Carnival Connections. They have a group that attack everybody for anything. Really is a crappy bunch over there!

Hey, that's kind of a mean generalization don't ya think? LOL. I post/read both there and here, and I've seen people be nasty on both places. But I've met some very nice folks on both forums and plan to meet several of them on our cruise in 13 days. I like to think I'm not crappy.

Archived