The Dark Side?

JD75

I have also heard CC refered to as "The Dark Side"...the source is another cruising message board that was formed by a few ex-CC hosts and posters that were banned from CC quite some time ago. I don't really know the entire story but I do know that it was over 5 years ago. The other site's name cannot be posted here, sorry. I would be a FOOL to post it! :p

For the most part I love this board, but I don't frequent it much since I'm not a habitual cruiser (even though I would love to be). My last cruise was almost 4 years ago and I really felt like people on here were much nicer back then than they are now.

Don't get me wrong. There is a ton of great info here and very helpful people willing to provide it. What I notice (too often it seems) are posters reaming people out for asking a question and referring them to the search feature or suggesting it was a dumb question. Either ignore it, or just don't reply if you are so offended because it is directed at people who are excited about their upcoming cruise and anxious to get answers especially if they are new to cruising. Just perusing these threads on a daily basis can be overwhelming at times, so give these people a break and politely answer their question, or ignore it. Use your Grandma's advice "if you can't say something nice....".

Sure it gets old and tedious for the "old timers", but try to remember when you were a newbie and planning and looking forward to you first cruise.

All that said the vast MAJORITY on this board are the nicest and most helpful people you can ever imagine, but those few bad apples can really spoil the whole bunch fast sometimes.

Golden rule people. Use it.

I know which site you are referring to, It's a bunch of people that got banned over on the NCL boards...I was over there for a while but they never talk about crusin just hang out in a bunch of cliques......dennis

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that - I thought it might just be me. My introduction to them was that I happened to be booked on a sailing that was also one of their group cruises. No big deal onboard, but they felt the need for some reason to basically take over our roll call over here prior to the cruise. The more the merrier is usually my motto, but I'd never experienced a more unwelcoming group - all they wanted to do was chat about inside jokes with each other and they weren't open to welcoming anyone else.:rolleyes:

Let's ask Uncle Ducky, he seems to know the whole story.;)

Uncle???!!??

lol

Let's just say it has nothing to do with how posters interact with each other.

Celticd1 is on the right track, it originated where he said, by the people he said.

I have also heard CC refered to as "The Dark Side"...the source is another cruising message board that was formed by a few ex-CC hosts and posters that were banned from CC quite some time ago. I don't really know the entire story but I do know that it was over 5 years ago. The other site's name cannot be posted here, sorry. I would be a FOOL to post it! :p

LOL, cute!:D

Hey, that's kind of a mean generalization don't ya think? LOL. I post/read both there and here, and I've seen people be nasty on both places. But I've met some very nice folks on both forums and plan to meet several of them on our cruise in 13 days. I like to think I'm not crappy.

nevermind

For the most part I love this board, but I don't frequent it much since I'm not a habitual cruiser (even though I would love to be). My last cruise was almost 4 years ago and I really felt like people on here were much nicer back then than they are now.

Don't get me wrong. There is a ton of great info here and very helpful people willing to provide it. What I notice (too often it seems) are posters reaming people out for asking a question and referring them to the search feature or suggesting it was a dumb question. Either ignore it, or just don't reply if you are so offended because it is directed at people who are excited about their upcoming cruise and anxious to get answers especially if they are new to cruising. Just perusing these threads on a daily basis can be overwhelming at times, so give these people a break and politely answer their question, or ignore it. Use your Grandma's advice "if you can't say something nice....".

Sure it gets old and tedious for the "old timers", but try to remember when you were a newbie and planning and looking forward to you first cruise.

All that said the vast MAJORITY on this board are the nicest and most helpful people you can ever imagine, but those few bad apples can really spoil the whole bunch fast sometimes.

Golden rule people. Use it.

Very well said....I totally agree with you. I've encountered just a handful of rudeness and chose to ignore it rather then have it out with that person. It's not worth the effort.

Uncle???!!??

lol

Let's just say it has nothing to do with how posters interact with each other.

Celticd1 is on the right track, it originated where he said, by the people he said.

LOL ok sorry about the uncle, it's a full moon, what can I say?:p;)

Just read this message board is considered "the dark side" - how'd that come about? Aside from a handful of touchy subjects that come up, it seems pretty friendly in here to me.

I always thought the "Dark Side" were the Universal Forums on the Disboards.:D

Don't get me wrong. There is a ton of great info here and very helpful people willing to provide it. What I notice (too often it seems) are posters reaming people out for asking a question and referring them to the search feature or suggesting it was a dumb question.

You are so right, DallasCruisers! There are so very many people on CC who are totally wonderful.:)

The DS "Dark Side" as some may have seen as a name for CC on other cruise message boards is because of as you mentioned way too often here some are reamed for just asking a simple question or giving an opinion.

Like you, I ignore those troublemakers and enjoy the other nice people here and their helpful comments and suggestions. :)

The troll was dressed for formal night, he had his smile on. LOL. Do you mean that people create a second or third ID here so that they can get heated arguments going? Did I miss something? Why would anyone do that? And do you mean that the Carnival Cruise threads are the dark side? I was considering going on a RCL cruise, and went to the RCL site and all I read on their threads were, well they all sounded like they were selling themselves, and to who I have no idea. (I do not mean to offend anyone). I hope I am not a troll. I got some nasty comments back last night, but after I cried for half a minute I came to my senses and realized that everyone, and I mean everyone, is entitled to their own opinion. that's EETTOO. I just don't have to agree with them. I love Carnival!

I know which site you are referring to, It's a bunch of people that got banned over on the NCL boards...I was over there for a while but they never talk about crusin just hang out in a bunch of cliques......dennis

Dennis, you seem angry....did it hurt that much to be ejected from a survivor game? :p

BINGO we have a winner. Was just there last night at 3am when the CC board started their server backup and almost all their cruiseline forums have had no post in them for months.:confused:

Bill

Was just there last night at 3am when the CC board started their server backup and almost all their cruiseline forums have had no post in them for months.:confused:

Bill

I think it totally depends on what a person wants from a cruise board. Yes, CC and the bigger "mega" boards have tons of information for newbie cruisers and are excellent sources of information for planning a cruise if you don't have much cruise experience. :)

But the smaller, more intimate boards have more of a "community" feel where folks get to know each other and sometimes, longtime friendships are made.

I think you'll find that on the smaller boards that you have more experienced cruisers that already know the in's-n-out's of cruising. You won't find many threads on chair hogs/tipping/jeans in the dining room & diapers in the pool. On the smaller boards, you will find a lot more of the non-cruising topics allowed where the posters can chat about everyday life and not just having to talk about cruising all the time. I guess I'd say they are a bit more "relaxed".

That's why it's so nice to have so many choices about what kind of cruise board you want to belong to. Some people like the more informal, friendly feel of a smaller board where you can talk about various topics, and others like the bigger boards where only cruise topics are encouraged.

There are plenty out there to choose from and there's one that's right for everybody! :)

Archived