Internet Cafe Cost?

DolphinFan

Its around $55 for 100 minutes, different packages more or less a minute available. $3.95 set up fee. You can often get 10 minutes free by signing up certain times, like the first day or in a port where time is cheaper, buy 10 minutes, get 10 free. Tell your friend to plan on doing most of the work in ports where its $1 to $6 per hour (internet cafes are in all the ports, have yet to not find one), not a per minute charge and the connections are much faster in ports. On the ship is like dial up.

Its around $55 for 100 minutes, different packages more or less a minute available. $3.95 set up fee. You can often get 10 minutes free by signing up certain times, like the first day or in a port where time is cheaper, buy 10 minutes, get 10 free. Tell your friend to plan on doing most of the work in ports where its $1 to $6 per hour (internet cafes are in all the ports, have yet to not find one), not a per minute charge and the connections are much faster in ports. On the ship is like dial up.

Thank you for the tip!

We were on the Spirit in June and we paid 100$ for 200 minutes. The service was not that good and very slow. We ended up going to internet cafe's in the ports. They are usually right off the ship. And alot cheaper. So while I shopped hubby keep up with our family.

I think she will definately have to do it when in port..had no idea it was so expensive!

My best friend teaches college classes online and since we are going to be gone for a week in Sept. (during school) I was wondering if anyone knew the cost for the Internet Cafe? We are going to be on the Carnival Freedom.

We just got off the Legend on Sunday. I also teach college course online, and can tell you that she is not going to be able to do much on the ship. A number of applications are blocked and the speed is really slow. She is not going to be able to upload much of anything and downloads are really slow. The best she can hope to do is answer e-mail.

Doing her class work in port is probably not an option because you usually cannot safe anything from those machines to a USB drive, she can pretty much only surf the web and send e-mail, no chat, either.

She will probably need 2 250 minutes packages, $100 each, plus a single $3.95 set up fee.

We just got off the Legend on Sunday. I also teach college course online, and can tell you that she is not going to be able to do much on the ship. A number of applications are blocked and the speed is really slow. She is not going to be able to upload much of anything and downloads are really slow. The best she can hope to do is answer e-mail.

Doing her class work in port is probably not an option because you usually cannot safe anything from those machines to a USB drive, she can pretty much only surf the web and send e-mail, no chat, either.

She will probably need 2 250 minutes packages, $100 each, plus a single $3.95 set up fee.

Oh man..that's not good to hear!

100 min. for $55, 250 min for $100 on 7 day or longer cruise. Shorter cruuises have two packages that are shorter but the rates work out to be the same. If you don't purchase a package, just pay as you go, it is $.75/min. Rates are clearly listed under FAQ on Carnival website. EM

Archived