Restaurants at ft.lauderdale port

sebritish

If you will be in Ft. Lauderdale, the rotating lounge on top of the Hyatt Hotel might work. However, I don't know what time they open. You would need to be there before 4PM when most ships start to exit the pier. It is like a parade.

Bon Voyage

Thanks for responding so quickly...

I did a google search and came up with a restaurant called BEACH WATCH. that says you can see the ships sail but maybe you need a good pair of binoculars :D Does anyone have any information or been there?

Thanks for responding so quickly...

I did a google search and came up with a restaurant called BEACH WATCH. that says you can see the ships sail but maybe you need a good pair of binoculars :D Does anyone have any information or been there?

I went there for lunch and was not impressed by the food or service. There were no ships going out at the time, so I don't know what the view would be like, but I can tell you that the ships go right by the beachfront restaurant, albeit out at sea. It is just south of the port by less than a mile.

I went there for lunch and was not impressed by the food or service. There were no ships going out at the time, so I don't know what the view would be like, but I can tell you that the ships go right by the beachfront restaurant, albeit out at sea. It is just south of the port by less than a mile.

Thanks for the info.... when I have sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale we saw people watching us, do you know of a good view point as I would like to get some good photos which you cannot do when they are docked.

If you will be in Ft. Lauderdale, the rotating lounge on top of the Hyatt Hotel might work. However, I don't know what time they open. You would need to be there before 4PM when most ships start to exit the pier. It is like a parade.

Bon Voyage

It was my understanding that the Pier Top Lounge on the Hyatt was closed to the public and was only available for private parties. Has that poor business decision been reversed?

As far as I know the Hyatt has not reopened the rotating lounge. The best place to view the ships going out is along the canal that goes from Port Everglades out to sea, but it is private property, so I don't know how to get access. I once read a thread here that gave directions. Or you can just go to Dania Beach (by Beach Watch) for view that is not as up close.

The best places to watch the ships are either to walk to the top of the SE 17th Street bridge. There are viewing platforms that extend out from the sidewalk on the south side of the bridge.

Or you can go to the beach at the end of the channel, click here for a map.

The best places to watch the ships are either to walk to the top of the SE 17th Street bridge. There are viewing platforms that extend out from the sidewalk on the south side of the bridge.

Or you can go to the beach at the end of the channel, click here for a map.

Thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for I remember that from when we have sailed from Ft. Lauderdale and seeing all the people waving.

Archived