Adventurer of the Seas 1st time Nov 22nd Caribbean B2B

Hi all

Just a few questions for all you very seasoned and knowledgeable cruisers out there.

We are a party of 5 - 4 of which are late 50's and my mum 89 years old. We have booked deck 9 - JS 9628, 9630 and 9634 and we have a connecting door between 2 so I have easy access to my mum. We all like to enjoy our evenings with a nice meal, few drinks and a visit to the night club. Yes even my mum was disco dancing (showing the age there) on the Arcadia 2 years ago.

Q. Are these good js's noise wise as the elevator is quite close to them.

Q. What does the balcony furniture consist of is it just chairs and table or do you have room for sun lounger.

Q. Is it possible to open the divide between the balconies.

Q. Mini Bar - what do you get in it or do you ask the room steward/ess for your requirements to put in it. If you take a bottle of spirit in you hold luggage for room consumption will they stock up with mixers for you if asked. Also bottles of water and Ice.

Q. Do they supply complimentary slippers and dressing gown in JS

Q. Do they supply complimentary shower gel, shampoo, conditioner.

We have done 2 other cruises Sun Princess and Arcadia and on the formal evenings ladies wore long evening gowns and men wore DJ's and we all loved this dressy up bit. I have read that this is not the case on AOS sailing out of Puerto Rico.

Q. Please can anyone tell me if they do wear formal evening wear.

Q. Are the Puerto Ricans as rude, noisy and obnoxious on board as I have heard said on some of the threads on here.

Q. Is it true that the night club plays music mostly for the Puerto Ricans to dance to or do they cater for the english as well (60's, 70's type music).

Sorry I have so many questions and I appreciate any feedback from you all.

Hi all

Just a few questions for all you very seasoned and knowledgeable cruisers out there.

Q. Mini Bar - If you take a bottle of spirit in you hold luggage for room consumption

Q. Are the Puerto Ricans as rude, noisy and obnoxious on board as I have heard said on some of the threads on here.

Q. Is it true that the night club plays music mostly for the Puerto Ricans to dance to or do they cater for the english as well (60's, 70's type music).

Don't count on bringing spirits on board in your carry-on, RCI will xray it and hold your booze until you return.

There will be many people wearing formal attire, and some that don't, we wore formal and were enjoyed it.

Puerto Ricans, as in my fellow US citizens, have a wide range of behaviors like every culture does; are all Brits rude, noisy and obnoxious like the fans at an English "football" game... We witnessed odd behavior from some passengers that obviously weren't from PR, but with 3000+ guests you're going to see something you don't like.

There was music of every type on the AOS, although being a Caribbean cruise I'd been disappointed if there wasn't an abundance of "island music", but we didn't sample enough music to say for sure.

The AOS is a great ship, with great ports, you should have a great time.

Hi all

We are a party of 5 - 4 of which are late 50's and my mum 89 years old. We have booked deck 9 - JS 9628, 9630 and 9634 and we have a connecting door between 2 so I have easy access to my mum. We all like to enjoy our evenings with a nice meal, few drinks and a visit to the night club. Yes even my mum was disco dancing (showing the age there) on the Arcadia 2 years ago.

Q. Are these good js's noise wise as the elevator is quite close to them.

We have not been close to the elevator on the Adeventure but have had an aft balcony directly under the windjammer buffet. We heard no noise, so I'm assuming you'll be noise free as well.

Q. What does the balcony furniture consist of is it just chairs and table or do you have room for sun lounger.

Balcony furniture provided depends on your balcony size. Some balconies will have lounge chairs in addition to regular upright chairs but if you are on the side of the ship and Adventure being one of the original Voyager class ships w/ the balconies inside the superstructure of the ship I doubt you will have loungers.

Q. Is it possible to open the divide between the balconies.

I have heard from several people its possible. You will have to ask the stateroom attendant and they will have to clearance from an officer or the captain.

Q. Mini Bar - what do you get in it or do you ask the room steward/ess for your requirements to put in it. If you take a bottle of spirit in you hold luggage for room consumption will they stock up with mixers for you if asked. Also bottles of water and Ice.

Not sure about this. They will not let you bring spirits on board, but there are ways to get around this. As for mixers theres usually just some cans of soda in the room.

Q. Do they supply complimentary slippers and dressing gown in JS

Yes, you will get bath robes to use. No slippers

Q. Do they supply complimentary shower gel, shampoo, conditioner.

Yes, since you are in a JS they will.

We have done 2 other cruises Sun Princess and Arcadia and on the formal evenings ladies wore long evening gowns and men wore DJ's and we all loved this dressy up bit. I have read that this is not the case on AOS sailing out of Puerto Rico.

People still dress to impress on the formal night. The locals that sail from PR on the Adventure were some of the better dressed folks as well. I'd still bring along some formal wear.

Yes, see my answer above.

We did not witness them being rude of obnoxious. Hey, we've saild from the US as well and they are no more rude than Americans or anybody else. They will spend alot of time in Boleros which is only natural b/c it plays music relating to their culture and man they sure can dance some salsa.

The normal night club down on deck 3 if I remember plays a mix of all dance music. Boleros as I mentioned above plays mostly Latino based music.

Have a great trip!!!:D

Hi all

We are a party of 5 - 4 of which are late 50's and my mum 89 years old.

Q. What does the balcony furniture consist of is it just chairs and table or do you have room for sun lounger. Only the aft cabins have sun loungers.

Q. Mini Bar - what do you get in it or do you ask the room steward/ess for your requirements to put in it. If you take a bottle of spirit in you hold luggage for room consumption will they stock up with mixers for you if asked. Also bottles of water and Ice. If you really want to take a bottle of spirits, you'd better be prepared to smuggle! RCCL does not allow persons to bring their own. If you really want to try this I suggest you search threads for RumRunners. They usually stock soda pop and water.

Q. Please can anyone tell me if they do wear formal evening wear. There will be two "formal" nights. Many do dress up for dinner. Some don't go all out but those are in the minority.

Q. Are the Puerto Ricans as rude, noisy and obnoxious on board as I have heard said on some of the threads on here. I cannot comment directly about Puerto Ricans as I have not encountered any on a ship. I have encountered other Americans from certain areas of our country (New York) and found them rude, noisy, and obnoxious. However, before everyone starts throwing bottles at me, not all are that way.:D Hopefully they won't spoil your cruise!!

Welcome to RCCL. I hope that you will find your B2B cruise enjoyable. My husband and I are on the same B2B as your family. Please take time to go to the ROLL CALL boards and find the roll call for our cruises. You will get to chat with others that will be on board with us. But most importantly, please sign up for the "Meet and Mingle". If we are able to get 25 passengers registered, RCCL will throw us a little party!:D At last count we only needed three or four more on both cruises to meet the requirement. Once you find our week, click on it and you will see at the top right a link to register. You will need your booking numbers to sign up. Hope to chat with you there!

Thanks to you all for your very helpful advice and information.

I did not intend to cause any offence to Peurto Ricons. As I said in my initial post I had seen on other threads that they were loud, rude and obnoxious I simply wanted other peoples opinions in general.

We were on AOS about the same time last year and found the people from Puerto Rico to be very spiriited and festive, but never rude, noisy or obnoxious. We are sailing on AOS again this coming December and look forward to be on the AOS with them again. The people who find them to be rude, noisy and obnoxious are the people who are rude, noisy and obnoxious themselves.

I've your average working class honkey and I've done 3 cruises out of San Juan with another coming next month. I agree with earlier posters that the Puerto Ricans are a funloving, festive crowd who may come off as loud to some people. But then again so do a lot of New Yawkers. I'd prefer to spend my cruise with a bunch of partying Puerto Ricans than a bunch of snobs who wouldn't think of letting their hair down in public.

To the OP, if your mum is still looking to tear up the dance floor, I know of no other group who would show her as good of a time as the Puerto Rican crowd. They are wonderful dancers and very inviting, so I'm sure mum will have no trouble finding dance partners. :)

I've your average working class honkey and I've done 3 cruises out of San Juan with another coming next month. I agree with earlier posters that the Puerto Ricans are a funloving, festive crowd who may come off as loud to some people. But then again so do a lot of New Yawkers.I'd prefer to spend my cruise with a bunch of partying Puerto Ricans than a bunch of snobs who wouldn't think of letting their hair down in public.

To the OP, if your mum is still looking to tear up the dance floor, I know of no other group who would show her as good of a time as the Puerto Rican crowd. They are wonderful dancers and very inviting, so I'm sure mum will have no trouble finding dance partners. :)

New Yorkers have to be loud or no one would hear them in that big old noisy city. :D

Yes, I am a New Yorker. ;)

EDIT:

I personally think questions like that about the AOS should be scanned and removed from the boards. It is rude and uncalled for to post and ask that kind of a question about any nationality on here.

New Yorkers have to be loud or no one would hear them in that big old noisy city. :D

Yes, I am a New Yorker. ;)

EDIT:

I personally think questions like that about the AOS should be scanned and removed from the boards. It is rude and uncalled for to post and ask that kind of a question about any nationality on here.

Alexis - you are awesome!

You mirrored my sentiments exactly :)

I started a thread a long time ago, and part of it addresses the nonsense about Peurto Ricans being "loud and obnoxious' :mad: it is simply not true.

I think after 6 cruises on the AOS, I am in a position to make an informed comment on the subject.

Here is the thread I started, and the opinions of hundreds of others who have sailed the AOS.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=691783

I started a thread a long time ago, and part of it addresses the nonsense about Peurto Ricans being "loud and obnoxious' :mad: it is simply not true.

I think after 6 cruises on the AOS, I am in a position to make an informed comment on the subject.

Here is the thread I started, and the opinions of hundreds of others who have sailed the AOS.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=691783

I don't know how they missed your BIG thread, but supposedly read the trash?

Archived