Be careful when requesting quote from online ta

Mimg Pao

Thanks Toto for youir always sage advice. However, I just got off the phone with Princess. I was told that the hold would last another 48 hours as a courtesy ALTHOUGH I HAD PUT NO MONEY DOWN. I then asked to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor said that because of my request, the auto removal will take place at midnight tonight.

What troubles me most about this is an unknown (to me) travel agency can just plug into Princess res site and access my personal information. I feel it is an invasion of my personal privacy.

Although I was assured by Princess last evening that the hold would be removed as of midnight, when I logged onto my cruise personalizer this morning, the hold was still there.

I finally decided to call the ta involved and the hold was cancelled immediately. This is probably what I should have done in the first place. However, I had thrown away all relevant info and had to get the phone number, etc. from Princess.

ONE IMPORTANT FACT I did find out from the ta is that if you have any monies or FCC's in your Princess account, Princess may automatically transfer same to the hold. Again, this may be done without the passenger's knowledge or permission.

HAS ANYONE HAD THIS HAPPEN TO THEM:confused::confused:

Princess Elite Passenger

Although I was assured by Princess last evening that the hold would be removed as of midnight, when I logged onto my cruise personalizer this morning, the hold was still there.

I finally decided to call the ta involved and the hold was cancelled immediately. This is probably what I should have done in the first place. However, I had thrown away all relevant info and had to get the phone number, etc. from Princess.

ONE IMPORTANT FACT I did find out from the ta is that if you have any monies or FCC's in your Princess account, Princess may automatically transfer same to the hold. Again, this may be done without the passenger's knowledge or permission.

HAS ANYONE HAD THIS HAPPEN TO THEM:confused::confused:

Princess Elite Passenger

BWY here is a warning on the cruise compete website about giving out your past passinger number. To be fair to the TA's it is the only way they can access your preferred pricing.this is quoted from cruise competes privacy policy "1. Past Passenger Numbers. Providing agents with your past passenger number can help them get you a better deal on your cruise. Agents could theoretically use past passenger numbers to get your name from the cruise line. While using the information in this way is not a standard practice and is not encouraged, it is a possibility."

Once upon a time I strayed from my regular TA to a "cheaper" quote.

And yes, the courtesy hold involved my FCCs. (FCCs can only be cancelled once.)

I had to call my regular TA, plead stupidity and greed on my part, whereupon she fixed the entire situation.

The moral of the story was that the extra $100 in savings was not worth the aggravation.

I have not strayed since...

If you request a quote from a TA (and they have info such as your phone number) - when they get the quote, they frequently put a hold on it. They don't do this to be malicious - they do this so they can honor the quote they gave them. Most agents don't cancel the quote (unless asked to do so) as they will automatically expire.

I had a similar situation -

I solicited quotes through a well known site that allows multiple cruise agencies to provide competing quotes.

After receiving quotes, I found that none of them beat a price I had already found on my own through one specific site.

Not on Princess, but...

I did the same thing and when I went to book a cruise on HAL through my regular TA, HAL refused to book a second room. We had to do a 3-way conversation and I had to beg HAL to cancel the original hold.

Archived