Royal Caribbean Takes Care of the Chair Hogs

MrPete

Yes, I would probably give up one, only because I am on vacation and dont need the hassle of arguing with someone like you. However, as I said earlier, you are free to come early and choose where you want to sit. Otherwise, you may be in a spot you do not want to be.

Thats a bit bold of a response, You snooze you lose. Tough luck. :eek:The pool attendants will make you remove your things on the other chairs so don't be so brass. :rolleyes:

Thats a bit bold of a response, You snooze you lose. Tough luck. :eek:The pool attendants will make you remove your things on the other chairs so don't be so brass. :rolleyes:

Perhaps, but that's how I feel. If not being able to get a seat because of "chair hogs" is that big of an issue, its a problem that each person can solve by getting to the pool area earlier.

Perhaps, but that's how I feel. If not being able to get a seat because of "chair hogs" is that big of an issue, its a problem that each person can solve by getting to the pool area earlier.

I solve it by sitting in an unoccupied chair, very simple.

10 minutes is very reasonable - plenty of time to even run back to cabin to get something if left there. I'd love to see Carnival do this.

I agree - they need to prevent people from keeping their chairs if they go back to the room to take a nap, or go to lunch in the dining room, or to some other activity. They should give the chairs up.

I agree - they need to prevent people from keeping their chairs if they go back to the room to take a nap, or go to lunch in the dining room, or to some other activity. They should give the chairs up.

I dont understand what the difference is between spending 45 minutes in the pool or 45 minutes eating lunch, napping, talking, complaining, using the bathroom, whatever. Either way the chair is unoccupied.

I dont dissappear for hours at a time, but I am not in the chair continuously. I may grab breakfast for 30 - 40 minutes, but to me, that is no different than being in the pool for the same amount of time. I know that bothers some people here.

Not mentioned much here, but there are towel hogs. Beware chair hogs as the towel hogs will take your $22 towel home.

I dont understand what the difference is between spending 45 minutes in the pool or 45 minutes eating lunch, napping, talking, complaining, using the bathroom, whatever. Either way the chair is unoccupied.

Right, and truth be known, few people could stand 45 minutes in the pool. They will get hungry or thirsty or need to use the rest room or just plain want to stop from becoming a prune. Also, someone in the pool can keep an eye on the chair and can come over if they see someone trying to get it.

Someone who leaves the pool area and goes for food for 45 minutes, and does not return to the chair to eat there, in my view has abandoned the chair.

It would be nice if there were more vigorous enforcement of the rule. Then, people would not get up early to save a spot (rude) - they could just hang out and wait for one to come available (nice.)

Reading some of these chair hog threads, I wanted to say that RCCL takes them head on, and it's fun to watch!

There are omnipresent pool attendants in yellow vests, just standing there waiting for the chair hogs to arrive.

Anyone that comes coming along to dump and set up their "chairhog station" is promptly attacked like flies by these guys to cease and desist.

Doesn't matter how much they plead and beg, they normally storm off with their stuff. Some do sit down, but also eventually leave, again with their stuff.

For those they do miss, they put a note on the chair (multiple chairs, they move the stuff all onto one chair), and then ten minutes later, scoop the stuff up, and takes it to the towel stand.

Maybe one day, Carnival will engage in this practice. Again, if anything, it's fun to watch, but would certainly help in confronting these jerks by the other pax.

Wow, this is how you entertain yourself on vacation?

To each his or her own.

I've got better thing to do on vacation then watch something like this.

Some strange folks out here to be sure:D

Oh, absolutely!

I don't even want a chair by the pool, but I'd love to watch the action -- Mom gets up at 6 AM to claim a row of chairs, and comes back with the family at 11:00 am to find someone else in them, and gets angry that someone "stole" THEIR chairs, and touched THEIR things. Like they owned the chairs or something. Priceless!

Much better than a hairy chest competition!

To each his or her own.

I've got better thing to do on vacation then watch something like this.

Some strange folks out here to be sure:D

Answers below:

Why yes.

Why yes

That's great

We are not folks. We are Devo.

Passports and all ancillary issues attached

Kids

People who don't like kids

Dress codes

Show girl costumes

Smoking

Travel agents

PVPs

Bacon police

Other passengers

Shall I continue?

Awww hail, I missed the 'showgirl costume thread, dang.

Maybe it is a POOLside lounge chair, not a buffet or dining roomside lounge chair?

In the pool is occupying the chair, leaving the pool area is abandoning the chair.

That's how I'd interpret it.

I would be glad to explain it to you

I think is was pretty clear.

I don't understand why people would waste time on a vacation watching peoples stuff get removed from a deck chair.

Seems really strange to me.

Is that clear now?

Some people spend their vacations jumping out of perfectly functional airplanes. Some people spend theirs over 100 feet under the ocean breathing compressed air. Some spend theirs climbing a mountain because its there. Some truly love people watching. Long as they are not bothering my vacation, they can do whatever with theirs. After about 15 cruises and since, I don't pay ANY attention to ships activities and rarely know what I'll be doing on the ship an hour before I'm doing it. Would not recommend or condemn it for others tho.

I once went to the lobby bar to meet some friends, the only seats were right by the Pursers Desk. We could not, NOT overhear complaints at the Pursers. It was a complete comedy show, people can be hilarious.

Yes, I would probably give up one, only because I am on vacation and dont need the hassle of arguing with someone like you. However, as I said earlier, you are free to come early and choose where you want to sit. Otherwise, you may be in a spot you do not want to be.

Wow. That's incredibly rude. Entitled much? I hope we cross paths one day. I have no problem moving your items and plopping my fat butt down in the sun. :D

I would be glad to explain it to you

I think is was pretty clear.

I don't understand why people would waste time on a vacation watching peoples stuff get removed from a deck chair.

Seems really strange to me.

You think is was pretty clear? :rolleyes:

And you don't HAVE to understand. And it can be strange to you. NO ONE IS ASKING YOU to do it.

I watch TV too.

You think is was pretty clear? :rolleyes:

And you don't HAVE to understand. And it can be strange to you. NO ONE IS ASKING YOU to do it.

I watch TV too.

Look, I don't even wnt to try and understand.

I would neve waste my vacation time on something like that

Also I think there was no need to yell (all caps) at me.

I know your a high volume poster but I was just making a comment.

Sorry if my comment upset you so much

Even low volume posters can make a comment.

Look, I don't even wnt to try and understand.

I would neve waste my vacation time on something like that

Also I think there was no need to yell (all caps) at me.

I know your a high volume poster but I was just making a comment.

Sorry if my comment upset you so much

Even low volume posters can make a comment.

I just reviewed your posts, and it appears you are on the wrong website.

You want to be on POSTER CRITIC, cause all your posts do is analyze other peoples posts, not cruising.

I'm glad I identified this early while you are a low volume poster (under this name, of course).

I'm glad I identified this early while you are a low volume poster (under this name, of course).

Why don't you spell out what your really trying to say here.

I sure think this is way way out of line and should probably be reported.

Nothing in my comments to you should cause you to attack me.

What I post is my buniness.

What you post is your business.

Why are you so upset with me?

Good day to you and happy cruising.

Why don't you spell out what your really trying to say here.

I sure think this is way way out of line and should probably be reported.

Nothing in my comments to you should cause you to attack me.

What I post is my buniness.

What you post is your business.

Why are you so upset with me?

Good day to you and happy cruising.

Nice try. :rolleyes:

Nice try. :rolleyes:

Again I have no idea what your talking about.

BTW I lurked out here for quite awhile before jumping in.

But I never figured a simple off hand commant would lead to all this.

Let's try this again.

My comment to your post was within posting rules and not out of line.

Good day and happy cruising to you.

I am all for enforcing the rules...just never had much problem with "chair hogs"..

I have no desire to sit right by the pool, and I usually prefer the aft adult pool (or Serenity area) ...have not had problem

last year on Imagination not many people found Serenity area till last day (short cruise anyhow)...but I do admit that chair hogs there might bother me. It might be more obvious, it is a smaller area, with no pool, just 2 hot tubs.

Hopefully common sense will prevail....and common decency. But who knows? So far I never had a problem with the so called "hogs' :)

Archived