Royal Caribbean Takes Care of the Chair Hogs

MrPete

Reading some of these chair hog threads, I wanted to say that RCCL takes them head on, and it's fun to watch!

There are omnipresent pool attendants in yellow vests, just standing there waiting for the chair hogs to arrive.

Anyone that comes coming along to dump and set up their "chairhog station" is promptly attacked like flies by these guys to cease and desist.

Doesn't matter how much they plead and beg, they normally storm off with their stuff. Some do sit down, but also eventually leave, again with their stuff.

For those they do miss, they put a note on the chair (multiple chairs, they move the stuff all onto one chair), and then ten minutes later, scoop the stuff up, and takes it to the towel stand.

Maybe one day, Carnival will engage in this practice. Again, if anything, it's fun to watch, but would certainly help in confronting these jerks by the other pax.

Hmm - I wonder if this means you "lose" your chair even if you just have to go to the bathroom? Do you have to lug all your stuff with you? Or if you want to run in to the drink station and get some iced tea? Do they offer clemency or leniency? I think it is a great idea, and would really open up all those hogged chairs!

Who need the entertainment on the Lido deck when you could sit and watch this for most of the day? I for one would love to see Carnival implement this same kind of security against the chair hogs. I could spend most of my day watching these people move their stuff.:p:D

You should see the brits & germans go at in europe resorts. Its always in the uk papers, saw one a while ago that the germans are reserving loungers. You can buy beach towels in the uk with a st george flag, thats englands, that says reserved on them so once people see it its your spot lol.

Ill get this one lol

02c5_35.jpg

Hmm - I wonder if this means you "lose" your chair even if you just have to go to the bathroom? Do you have to lug all your stuff with you? Or if you want to run in to the drink station and get some iced tea? Do they offer clemency or leniency? I think it is a great idea, and would really open up all those hogged chairs!

No. They seem to know the difference, and by the time the clock hits 10:30, they resume their normal duties. By then, the chairs are mostly occupied by actual people, and not books, thongs, sunglasses, and towels.

Before then, they time you (I asked). They give you 10 minutes.

No. They seem to know the difference, and by the time the clock hits 10:30, they resume their normal duties. By then, the chairs are mostly occupied by actual people, and not books, thongs, sunglasses, and towels.

What if you are in the pool?

Reading some of these chair hog threads, I wanted to say that RCCL takes them head on, and it's fun to watch!

There are omnipresent pool attendants in yellow vests, just standing there waiting for the chair hogs to arrive.

Anyone that comes coming along to dump and set up their "chairhog station" is promptly attacked like flies by these guys to cease and desist.

Doesn't matter how much they plead and beg, they normally storm off with their stuff. Some do sit down, but also eventually leave, again with their stuff.

For those they do miss, they put a note on the chair (multiple chairs, they move the stuff all onto one chair), and then ten minutes later, scoop the stuff up, and takes it to the towel stand.

Maybe one day, Carnival will engage in this practice. Again, if anything, it's fun to watch, but would certainly help in confronting these jerks by the other pax.

Are you seeing this Carnival? Sounds like a good time to me!

I could care less about chair hogs since I don't sun bathe, but I love a good comedy!

No. They seem to know the difference, and by the time the clock hits 10:30, they resume their normal duties.

10 minutes is very reasonable - plenty of time to even run back to cabin to get something if left there. I'd love to see Carnival do this.

DH and I had our chairs once, and went to the pool. We spent quite a bit of time in it. When we came back, some woman was in the process of moving my stuff. I said, "what are you doing? That's my stuff!" She snarled something and then moved on.

We are not chair hogs, don't go out in the morning and put out stuff out to hold chairs for a couple of hours. We usually go out around 10:30 or 11:00 and stay for a couple or so hours. We may go to the buffet and eat and then go back to our chairs. We've never had chairs right by the pools (not early enough and don't care to fight the chair hogs); actually we are totally fine with chairs a deck up near showers so we can just cool off.

I like the RC idea, but sometimes we may be gone from our chairs for quite a period of time.

Shay

Shay

I love Carnival, but my one complaint (actually one of two) is that they are very lax about enforcing rules. I'd love to see them adopt this policy! It's good to know Royal Caribbean enforces their chair hog rule. I've never sailed with them but will now consider it--even though I hardly ever use the chairs.

DH and I had our chairs once, and went to the pool. We spent quite a bit of time in it. When we came back, some woman was in the process of moving my stuff. I said, "what are you doing? That's my stuff!" She snarled something and then moved on.

We are not chair hogs, don't go out in the morning and put out stuff out to hold chairs for a couple of hours. We usually go out around 10:30 or 11:00 and stay for a couple or so hours. We may go to the buffet and eat and then go back to our chairs. We've never had chairs right by the pools (not early enough and don't care to fight the chair hogs); actually we are totally fine with chairs a deck up near showers so we can just cool off.

I like the RC idea, but sometimes we may be gone from our chairs for quite a period of time.

Shay

Shay

We are not either, but I always keep an eye on my chair while I'm in the pool. It also helps if the chair looks like it's been used.

My only casualty has been a missing beach towel, which I promptly replaced resourcefully.

Great idea but, If Carnival starting doing that then what would all the folks that start chair hog threads have to complain about? hitanykey.gif

Kids, food, noise from scraping chairs, jeans in the dining room, overpriced drinks, Carnival not giving a reduced rate after final payment, buffet line jumpers, .....................................:p

You can go to the bathroom, go up to the bar to get a drink, take a dip in the pool, etc. They're not that quick to take things, but they do walk around and keep an eye on the chairs. I saw a man and a woman get in the face of a deck patrol person. They came out to the pool at 10:00, and they're things had been removed. they were yelling at the deck patrol guy, and the poor guy was just pointing over at the towel exchange area, which is where they probably store all the crap they take off of chairs.

Some people have the attitude that they're smarter or special, makes me crazy. I wish more cruise lines would enforce.

You should see the brits & germans go at in europe resorts. Its always in the uk papers, saw one a while ago that the germans are reserving loungers. You can buy beach towels in the uk with a st george flag, thats englands, that says reserved on them so once people see it its your spot lol.

Ill get this one lol

02c5_35.jpg

This was actually on the ABC nightline news the other night. Finally to help the Germans, one travel agency actually pre"sells" reserved chairs at the resorts. Brits are out of luck. What a hoot. What ever happened to first come first serve, without hording or hogging. We are not a very gracious bunch of generations.:o

lmao!!! Chronic complainers will always have something to complain about........

Passports and all ancillary issues attached

Kids

People who don't like kids

Dress codes

Show girl costumes

Smoking

Travel agents

PVPs

Bacon police

Other passengers

Shall I continue?

Passports and all ancillary issues attached

Kids

People who don't like kids

Dress codes

Show girl costumes

Smoking

Travel agents

PVPs

Bacon police

Other passengers

Shall I continue?

Midnight comedians

babies in hot tubs

chair hogs

bringing food off the ship

bring food on the ship

standing in lines

bad customer service

missing the ship

This was actually on the ABC nightline news the other night. Finally to help the Germans, one travel agency actually pre"sells" reserved chairs at the resorts. Brits are out of luck. What a hoot. What ever happened to first come first serve, without hording or hogging. We are not a very gracious bunch of generations.:o

Lol that was it, didnt see it on ABC but i read it in the uk sun.

Archived