Pride: Pre-Cruise Baltimore Hotel Needed

CatP27

Hello

I just replied to your other post too..I will also add it here for you!

Hi CatP27

We were just on the Pride out of Baltimore in July..and LOVED it! We stayed at the Fairfield Inn in White Marsh. It was great..it is a year old., everyone is very nice there. You get the room, your car stays parked there for the whole week, they take you back and forth to the pier, free breakfast and they have the sweetest older man who takes you by trolly anywhere in the area you want ..shopping, dinner!

I highly receommend it..in fact I just booked my parents crusie for them and they are going to stay there too! Good luck and happy cruising!

Guest Crazeecat5

We are sailing on the Carnival Pride this Saturday, 8/29th. We are staying at the Fairfield Inn at White Marsh Friday night. We will also be doing their park & cruise package. Glad to hear it's nice there. Can't wait....

BTW, how long was the ride on the shuttle from the hotel to the pier?

Thanks!

Question: Does the Fairfield Inn have separate room suites? We are booked at the Embassy for their Park and Cruise pkg. My mom and sister are flying in from FL for this cruise and I did not want them to pay for a hotel room. The Embassy suites includes a separate bedroom and living room so that works well for us.

If I could find something a bit cheaper I would have a little more for my next cruise but it needs to have two separate sleeping areas.

thanks

Guest Crazeecat5

Cathyoo,

I think they probably have suites since their name is Fairfield Inn & Suites. Don't know what their prices would be but I got a regular room for this Friday night, Park & Cruise package for $149.00, includes breakfast and shuttle to & from pier. Why not give them a call? It might be cheaper for you. Their phone number is 1 410 933 9797

I definitely need to look into that.. the Embassy does not offer a shuttle. I don't care so much going to the ship... I like to get there early but returning it would be nice not to have to worry about a cab.

thanks so much CrazeeCat5

I can't recommend a specific hotel (because I live around here and so I have no need for one), but I can say that white marsh is a great area to stay because it is right near the mall. There are many forms of entertainment and food. If you're in need of any last minute supplies, you'll find it there. Movies, bars, restaraunts, convenience stores, department stores, everything........just don't buy your gas there. The prices are ridiculous. The area gas stations there are usually .15-.20/gal. more than anywhere else

It's also right off of I-95 and I would imagine the trip to the pier would take no more than 15-20 minutes ( it's about 15 miles away), as long as you're not going there between the hours of 0630-0800 (rush hour). If I had to pick between staying at BWI or staying in White Marsh, I'd pick White Marsh.

Of course, for folks who are only going to be in the Baltimore area long enough to get off a plane,catch a snooze (8-16 hours), and hop onboard the ship then BWI area hotels may be way to go. It's alot closer to the airport. The drive to the pier takes the same time (15-20 minutes), however.

Question: Does the Fairfield Inn have separate room suites? We are booked at the Embassy for their Park and Cruise pkg. My mom and sister are flying in from FL for this cruise and I did not want them to pay for a hotel room. The Embassy suites includes a separate bedroom and living room so that works well for us.

If I could find something a bit cheaper I would have a little more for my next cruise but it needs to have two separate sleeping areas.

thanks

they are not really separate rooms with a door between.....just a partial wall (sort of around a corner)..but it is nice.

check them out via marriott.com-there should be photos that will help this make sense....

try this...

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/photo-tours.mi?marshaCode=bwims&pageID=HWGRD&imageID=2

you can sort of see around the corner into the Bedroom, but there is not a door that you can close.

Cathyoo,

I think they probably have suites since their name is Fairfield Inn & Suites. Don't know what their prices would be but I got a regular room for this Friday night, Park & Cruise package for $149.00, includes breakfast and shuttle to & from pier. Why not give them a call? It might be cheaper for you. Their phone number is 1 410 933 9797

they are not true suites with a door between the rooms....like a partial wall or around a corner.....i've been there.

Also there is the country inn and suites BWI with a package (and IIRC there IS a door between the living room and bedroom-but only 1 bathroom)

Hampton Inn BWI

Comfort Inn (not the comfort suites) BWI

BTW the comfort SUITES is not a true suite.

You COULD try the residence inn BWO or Towneplace suites BWI as both have 2 bedroom units that have doors...the RI will have 2BR, 2 baths; the TPS only has 1 bathroom.....

no park n cruise, but they may have a park n fly and you could just get a car service: i used www.bwitransportation.com--it was about 38 bucks including tax and tip

i'm not trying to "hyjack" the thread, but i've posted a similer question with no response, i'll be coming in the day before my cruise by train and would like to get a room conveniant to the station, and maybe with a shuttle to and from the port, I'm not familier with the area, is the train station near the airport? how far is the train station from White Marsh? the firfeild sounds nice especialy with the shuttle service, are cabs readily available from the train station? thank you for your help

There aren't a lot of hotels that are close to Penn Station, unfortunately. Penn Station is in downtown Baltimore, and it's closer to the port than White Marsh is, but at the same time there's very few choices in where to stay. It's mainly a college area around there, as the University of Baltimore is adjacent to the Amtrak platforms.

The closest hotels to Penn Station are in downtown nearby the Inner Harbor, and in that area you're talking a lot of money and it's not worth it.

The airport is about 5 miles from downtown Baltimore. It's possible to get from the airport to the train via the Light Rail but it's a bit of a trip, about 45 minutes or so. Still, it's a cheap alternative (about 1.60 a trip).

White Marsh is about a 15 minute drive from the train station using Interstate 83/695. Cabs are very available when you exit Penn Station, they're big yellow Checker cabs, you can't miss them, they're waiting right outside in a cab line. That might be your best bet.

i would not pay the money for a cab from the RR station in Baltimore to the FFi and then come back.....

you CAN get off Amtrak (most trains) at BWI Airport RR station. Many hotel shuttles (airport hotels ) will pick up there....and then you could stay by the airport.

you could also stay in town as you will not have the expense of parking....

you could probably priceline or hotwire something decent (3 or 3.5 **s and above) at a decent price...

what are your dates and budget.....?

We really enjoyed the Homewood Suites at BWI. We had a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite there that held our group of 6 nicely for 2 nights. One bedroom had a king, the other 2 queens. There was a living room in between with a sofa bed, and the unit had 3 TV's, and a kitchen. They have small breakfast (scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, toast, cereal, muffins, bagels) and dinner (small selection varies by the day) buffets in the main lobby area included in your room rate, which really saved us some cash. The suite was $269 per night

They do have parking packages there, but not a free shuttle to the pier. If you can all fit in one car, then bwitransportation might be an option. But if you are cruising for a week, and paying almost $80 round trip in shuttle fees, I'd just as soon pay the $105 and have the car at the pier.

White Marsh is probably a better option for somebody going back to New Jersey, but I would check with them how their return shuttle works, as the ship empties out over a span of 3 hours.

I am trying to make reservations at this Fairfield Inn & Suites. We are going on the Carnival Pride on May 30, 2010. They are telling me that it is showing no rooms available for the 29th. I talk to one person and they say it is booked. I talk to another person and they say that the availability isn't released yet. I am just looking for any help I can get on trying to book a room. HELP anyone. THANKS!

I am trying to make reservations at this Fairfield Inn & Suites. We are going on the Carnival Pride on May 30, 2010. They are telling me that it is showing no rooms available for the 29th. I talk to one person and they say it is booked. I talk to another person and they say that the availability isn't released yet. I am just looking for any help I can get on trying to book a room. HELP anyone. THANKS!

I'd just keep calling every few weeks or so. Even with it being a Holiday weekend, I find it hard to believe that they'd be sold out 8 months in advance

ok-big problems finding hotel for night before our cruise. now we are looking at the Staybridge BWI. I would like to hear some opinions on this hotel if anyone has any to give. It looks VERY nice on line-and everyone that I have talked to on the phone has been absolutly wonderful! But need some input. Thank you very much in advance!

Hmmm...just checked their site and for 2 adults as an example, it shows 6 rooms available for Monday, May 29, 2010 to Tuesday, May 30, 2010 with prices ranging from $149-$224/night. ;)

ok-big problems finding hotel for night before our cruise. now we are looking at the Staybridge BWI. I would like to hear some opinions on this hotel if anyone has any to give. It looks VERY nice on line-and everyone that I have talked to on the phone has been absolutly wonderful! But need some input. Thank you very much in advance!

reviews on tripadvisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g41232-d640119-Reviews-Staybridge_Suites_Baltimore_BWI_Airport-Linthicum_Maryland.html

have you looked at Hampton Inn BWI?

http://www.hamptoninnbwiairport.com/specials.php

How many in your party? I know that can make a difference in what is available and affordable.

I called and talked to the front desk a few times at the Staybridge and am able to get 2 suites that will fit all 12 of us. I was just wondering if anyone has stayed there and let me know what they thought of it. I did read some reviews on another site-and they were mostly possitive-but also had a few negative-just like everywhere else. But wanted to see if I could get some more feed back on it.

Archived