Pride: Pre-Cruise Baltimore Hotel Needed

CatP27

Hmmm...just checked their site and for 2 adults as an example, it shows 6 rooms available for Monday, May 29, 2010 to Tuesday, May 30, 2010 with prices ranging from $149-$224/night. ;)

May 29th, 2010 is a Saturday. The ship sails on Sunday the 30th.

I called and talked to the front desk a few times at the Staybridge and am able to get 2 suites that will fit all 12 of us. I was just wondering if anyone has stayed there and let me know what they thought of it. I did read some reviews on another site-and they were mostly possitive-but also had a few negative-just like everywhere else. But wanted to see if I could get some more feed back on it.

We stayed next door at the Homewood Suites. The Staybridge looked like a nice hotel, although outward looks don't mean much. I think that while you can get 2 rooms to hold 12, 2 people will be on sofa beds in each room. At the Homewood, we had a 2 bedroom suite that had 2 queens in one bedroom and a king in the other (as well as a sofabed in the living room) and it also had 2 bathrooms. A couple of these would hold everybody in more comfort, I think, albeit probably at a higher cost. Might be an option to look at.

Guest Crazeecat5

The Fairfield Inn in White Marsh was a wonderful hotel. Stayed there 2 weeks ago, one night prior to our Carnival Pride sailing. Lovely room, nice breakfast, great shuttle ride to and from port. We parked our car in the back and it was fine. Highly recommend this hotel!

Cruising on Sept. 27, 2009 staying at the Best Western Conference Center in Balt. for $159 for their Park N Cruise Pkg. It includes B-fast shuttles to Inner Harbor and the ship, and parking. (410) 633 9500 TIP: request a room with a view of the harbor.

This hotel is attached to the greyhound bus depot and IMO is NOT a very nice place to stay....sure they have shuttles, but it really is not that great....THAT would be why they have shuttles......and there is nothing around. I would NOT want to be there in the evening, and I would NOT feel comfortable leaving my car there.....

and your view of the inner harbor will be from about 4 or 5 miles away.....presuming that it is THIS one:

http://www.bestwesternmaryland.com/hotels/best-western-hotel-and-conference-center/

Cruising on Sept. 27, 2009 staying at the Best Western Conference Center in Balt. for $159 for their Park N Cruise Pkg. It includes B-fast shuttles to Inner Harbor and the ship, and parking. (410) 633 9500 TIP: request a room with a view of the harbor.

Binoculars needed and ditto what megr1125 said. ;)

I am afraid I have to agree. Madelinerose always offers good advice.

Even though you could get through the Ft. McHenry tunnel and be at the cruise port in about five minutes from this location, I wouldn't do it personally. When this travel plaza first opened, this hotel was completely acceptable. My out of town family even stayed there. It is a shame what has been allowed to happen. Today I would discourage them in any way I can.

Believe me, I am very proud of my hometown and it pains me to have stated that, but like every other place I've been on this earth, there are good areas and also bad and/or dangerous ones. This one might not be dangerous, but it is not what I'd be looking for pre-cruise.

Sad though it might be, if you can cancel without penalty and rebook somewhere else, that would be my recommendation.

Interestingly, you probably can have a harborview at this hotel. However, it won't be the Inner Harbor, but the working harbor of the Canton Seagirt and Dundalk Marine Terminals. You'd also get a good view of the coal and salt piles waiting to be loaded or unloaded onto bulk carrying cargo ships. On the plus side you could also possibly see the USNS Comfort, hospital ship docked in Canton and the John Brown, World War Two Liberty Ship also docked nearby.

On the plus side you could also possibly see the USNS Comfort, hospital ship docked in Canton and the John Brown, World War Two Liberty Ship also docked nearby.

Do they move the John Brown around? When we were down there on the 13th of Aug, we went to the Aquarium, and the Brown was docked right across the harbor at Light St.

Loved the area down there, by the way, and want to go back and explore some more. Unfortunately, that day was quite hot, and after 5 hours at the aquarium, and with the Ravens playing a game that night, we decided to get the heck out of downtown shortly after 3. I think if we were to stay in the inner harbor area in the future, I would look at the Pier 5 hotel.

There are one or more summer "Maritime Festivals" and the John Brown may have indeed been moved to the more accessible location so the public could go aboard.

There are even occasions during the year when the John Brown will be taken on a Chesapeake Bay cruise with the public again invited to participate. The last cruise this year is Veterans' Day week-end, but participation on this trip is limited to veterans, active duty military and their guest, I believe.

PS: It ain't cheap as this volunteer organization needs funds to maintain the vessel.

For more information on the John Brown visit http://www.liberty-ship.com/

1946328631_JohnBrown.jpg.7567aed1ec55fbb090e06a31cea45e03.jpg

I am afraid I have to agree. Madelinerose always offers good advice.

Even though you could get through the Ft. McHenry tunnel and be at the cruise port in about five minutes from this location, I wouldn't do it personally. When this travel plaza first opened, this hotel was completely acceptable. My out of town family even stayed there. It is a shame what has been allowed to happen. Today I would discourage them in any way I can.

It's not fancy, but the hotel itself was just fine when we stayed there two years ago. Has it gone downhill much since then? That's sad.

I'm sailing Sunday, and just Priceline-booked a Courtyard by Marriott out by BWI (one of our group is coming in Saturday night there, so we figured we'd just snag her and stay @ BWI) for $50 ($64 w/ taxes). I figured $64 + $105 port parking fees = $169, and I didn't have to worry about shuttles and drivers and such - just hop off the boat, and back into my car.

Just a friendly reminder - sometimes these "Cruise and Park and Stay" type packages don't offer much of a discount, if you are willing to Priceline/Hotwire a room. :)

It's not fancy, but the hotel itself was just fine when we stayed there two years ago. Has it gone downhill much since then? That's sad.

:)

the whole area near the hotel is basically YUCK!

really, you can do better........

i love baltimore but there is NO WAY i would stay there.....i would rather sleep the car in a park n fly lot by BWI.

the whole area near the hotel is basically YUCK!

really, you can do better........

i love baltimore but there is NO WAY i would stay there.....i would rather sleep the car in a park n fly lot by BWI.

Well, yeah, it's a travel plaza off I-95. I'm just saying I stayed there two years ago, and the hotel itself was perfectly nice, although the area was industrial, and our cars were not bothered or anything the week we were gone. I'm asking if it's gone downhill RECENTLY (since I've been there last), or if this is more of an opinion thing. :)

Well, yeah, it's a travel plaza off I-95. I'm just saying I stayed there two years ago, and the hotel itself was perfectly nice, although the area was industrial, and our cars were not bothered or anything the week we were gone. I'm asking if it's gone downhill RECENTLY (since I've been there last), or if this is more of an opinion thing. :)

When I post, I always try to be honest and, most of all, helpful. Sometimes perhaps it is a little too frank or direct. But it is always, as I believe every post actually is, one person's opinion.

Even the "know it alls" you read in some forums (not this one of course) are expressing, even if they don't accept the fact, just one opinion.

When I post, I always try to be honest and, most of all, helpful. Sometimes perhaps it is a little too frank or direct. But it is always, as I believe every post actually is, one person's opinion.

Even the "know it alls" you read in some forums (not this one of course) are expressing, even if they don't accept the fact, just one opinion.

I'm not entirely sure what you're saying here, I think I'm missing some of the meaning - but yes, obviously, all "this hotel is great/yucky" posts are going to be opinion. But I'm pretty sure you can tell me whether this particular property has gotten "worse" in the last two years. For example, if you were to tell me that, "No, it's been this bad for a decade!" - then I would know that we simply disagree opinion-wise. If you tell me that it's gone downhill RECENTLY, then I know that maybe I should avoid it in the future.

I'm sorry that I wasn't clear in my question.

I'm not entirely sure what you're saying here, I think I'm missing some of the meaning - but yes, obviously, all "this hotel is great/yucky" posts are going to be opinion. But I'm pretty sure you can tell me whether this particular property has gotten "worse" in the last two years. For example, if you were to tell me that, "No, it's been this bad for a decade!" - then I would know that we simply disagree opinion-wise. If you tell me that it's gone downhill RECENTLY, then I know that maybe I should avoid it in the future.

I'm sorry that I wasn't clear in my question.

And I am sorry I wasn't clear with my answer. My opinion is that I personally would not stay there nor would I recommend it. Do I have any imperical evidence about what has happened in the last two years? Only a series of car break-ins in the parking lot beginning in May of this year. They can happen anywhere, I suppose.

:eek:Thanks for the info it looks like I'm lookin for a new place to stay. I can cancel without a penalty. I wanna have a vehicle when I get back! That view you talk about isn't whats on their site! Any recomendations out there besides White Marsh and the airport? Anything closer to downtown? Thanks again.:o

:eek:Thanks for the info it looks like I'm lookin for a new place to stay. I can cancel without a penalty. I wanna have a vehicle when I get back! That view you talk about isn't whats on their site! Any recomendations out there besides White Marsh and the airport? Anything closer to downtown? Thanks again.:o

The view I described would have been from the higher floors.

Those of us from the Raven's Roost wouldn't want to steer Steeler fans wrong.

The closer you go to downtown of course, the more you will pay and you might also have to pay for parking.

There are some nice hotels in the area now redeveloping called "Harbor East". It is an easy walk to the Inner Harbor and Little Italy.

Check it out at http://www.harboreast.com/hotels/

Also there are hotels listed on the Cruise Maryland website at:

http://www.cruisemaryland.com/cruises/page5a_accommodations.htm

I hope this is helpful. By the way, I love the city of Pittsburgh, especially the area around CMU and the University of Pittsburgh! It must be because of Westinghouse, but there are a great number of Pittsburghers now in the Baltimore area. One sees a lot of Black and Gold on Sundays, and several bars are filled with Steeler fans, not Ravens fans. You can take them out of Pittsburgh, but you can't........

Moved to Fairfield Inn in White Marsh. Thanks for the info? Who said rivals can't get along!!!!!!!! I guese you RAVENS FANS aren't half bad!! Til Sundays!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Not half bad at all! Why, I've even initiated an actual conversation with our Pittsburgh rivals. See you on 11-29? We'll be there. ;)

Sounds like you picked a good hotel. Enjoy your cruise!

I don't mean to hijack this thread but I have a question for those of you that might have an answer. I asked in a thread and got the same ole "go to this site" answers which didn't net any results after hours of searching.

I've been watching this thread hoping that I might get a tip but to no avail.

I'm cruising in the beginning of May with 2 children (4 and 7 at time of debark). I'm looking for a hotel for 1 or 2 nights that has a pool indoors (since god only know which weather will show up), parking (preferrably free) and a shuttle to/from the pier. There are other ameneties that are nice but these are the only 3 I really worry about having. I don't need to stay right in the harbor area and haven't found much to choose from that will fit into our budget. I'm looking for 2 nights and trying to keep the pricing in the 200-250 range. I've found a ton of hotels that would fall into that range but the hang up is usually the pool not being there or being seasonal outside. If anyone could give opinions I'd apreciate it.

The hotels that I have been considering are the country inn and suites BWI and the country inn and suites in baltimore north. I've also given consideration to the best western that's just east of the port off of 95(?). All 3 look like decent hotels.

Also if anyone could tell me about any navy ships we could tour while there pre-cruise I'd appreciate it. I'd really like my little ones to see what they are like.

Thanks

WE JUST BOOKED THE COMFORT INN BWI FOR OUR NOV. CRUISE. IT WAS ABOUT $95.00 PER NIGHT AND FREE PARKING FOR UP TO 14 DAYS IF YOU BOOK ONLINE. YOU PAY EXTRA IF YOU BOOK THROUGH THE HOTEL. IT COMES WITH A FREE HOT BREAKFAST AND A FREE SHUTTLE TO AND FROM THE DOCKS. WE :rolleyes::confused:HAVE NEVER STAYED THERE BEFORE SO I DON'T KNOW MUCH MORE ABOUT IT. I HOPE IT IS DECENT!!!

Archived