Red Sea Cruise in Nov 09

Hello All. We are going on our first cruise ever in November09 on the Thomson Celebration to the Red Sea. Really looking forward to it all. I have only just started looking at the forums etc, but can anybody give me an idea of how much the excursions will be to Petra or Cairo etc. I have been into the local travel agent and they said I will have to wait until we get on board. Look forward to your replies. Big Tone.

Go on to Thomson's website and navigate (pun intended!) to the cruise section.

Go to the ports of call tab and you will find all the ports, select the ones for your cruise and you should see the excursions offered and prices. The prices may increase a bit, of course, but you should get a good idea.

Hello Big Tone, and welcome!

Have a look at this link from the Thomson site:

http://www.thomsonbeach.co.uk/th/cruise/viewPorts.do

It will give you an idea of excursions/costs but you will get the up-to-date information in the Destinations Guide once on board. (You can also do a search - select the 'Search this Forum' tab then enter Red Sea and recent posts about the cruise will pop-up - they may be of help too.) I'm sure some members on here who have done this cruise will be able to advise you on the trips or answer specific questions. I'm sure you'll love the Celebration - it's a great atmosphere and fabulous crew.

If you go on the Thomson website and click on the cruises you can find a link to the ports of call. These then show the prices and descriptions of the tours available at each port. Pyramids & Petra etc work around £68-£72 for full day tours.

An excellent itinerary. Have done the day trips to Petra and Pyramids and Cairo Museum which both included a good buffet lunch and were excellent value for money.

We also did the introduction to scuba in Jordan which though scary was an experience we will remember for ever as after the training sessions in a swimming pool we got to walk down the beach and dive straight onto a coral reef right on the beach where we went down to 9 metres. One of the most scary and exhilirating experiences of my life.

The 'submarine' trip from Hurghada was great too and we saw loads of reefs and fish. Ditto for the snorkelling trip to Ras Mohamed in Sharm.

We are not fit people but all these trips were doable for us. This is one of those holidays which is difficult to be independent and where the excursions are necessary. However all are very good value for money, in my opinion.

In fact we are thinking of doing the whole thing again next year (perhaps excluding the diving!)

Hello All. We are going on our first cruise ever in November09 on the Thomson Celebration to the Red Sea. Really looking forward to it all. I have only just started looking at the forums etc, but can anybody give me an idea of how much the excursions will be to Petra or Cairo etc. I have been into the local travel agent and they said I will have to wait until we get on board. Look forward to your replies. Big Tone.

We are also booked onto this cruise 26/11/2009 for a week followed by a week at the Dreams Vacation in Sharm. Noticed where you come from I lived on King Henry's Drive and went to Rowdown Infants and Junior School - Small world!

Bauble, Sure is a small world. I moved to New Addington in the late 80's, so I missed going to the schools etc. I hope you enjoy your cruise. I will post a review when I get back although you will probably see more questions from me before then. Regards. Tony.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

We are also on the Celebration to the Red Sea in November. This is a great site for obtaining information, especially as this will be our first cruise as well. Hope to meet up with others on the same trip?

I have just registered, first cruise late in life celebration 3rd dec, week after at sonesta beach in sharm. looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say. Looks good but the trip to petra may be a lot of walking for us old uns, but it is the only one we will do as did nile cruise luxor cairo last year

Archived