Princess Information

NETexan

Ok folks, I am less than 2 weeks away, and need a little more info before my first ever cruise.

When I booked this cruise through a TA, I was told that my paperwork/documents would arrive about 2 weeks before the cruise, and that they would call me. I called them today since it is now less than 2 weeks, and was told that they "might just print it off the internet". I commented that for $4600 Princess should provide something other than what I could have gotten myself, and they said they would call and check on it.

I based my feelings on a relative that showed me a folder/packet on info that she got 2 weeks before sailing. I hope I wasn't being a jack@ss, but what is a TA for if all I am getting is something I could have printed at home?

My question is: Do you normally get some "stuff" before you sail, other than your boarding passes?

Thanks

Ok folks, I am less than 2 weeks away, and need a little more info before my first ever cruise.

When I booked this cruise through a TA, I was told that my paperwork/documents would arrive about 2 weeks before the cruise, and that they would call me. I called them today since it is now less than 2 weeks, and was told that they "might just print it off the internet". I commented that for $4600 Princess should provide something other than what I could have gotten myself, and they said they would call and check on it.

I based my feelings on a relative that showed me a folder/packet on info that she got 2 weeks before sailing. I hope I wasn't being a jack@ss, but what is a TA for if all I am getting is something I could have printed at home?

My question is: Do you normally get some "stuff" before you sail, other than your boarding passes?

Thanks

About 75 days pre-cruise you should have gotten your luggage tags, Cruise Answer Book, Shore Excursion forms, and Passage Contract in the mail from Princess. If your TA has that agreement with the cruise line, they get them and then mail on to you.

You print your own boarding pass and travel summary from your Cruise Personalizer at www.princess.com and can do that anytime after you have made final payment and filled out your passenger immigration documents on the personalizer as well (same place you reserved your shore excursions and spa dates).

If you booked through a TA the packet should have gone to the TA to give to you. I booked my cruise 6 weeks before the date and my TA got the packet within two weeks.

I think your TA lost it, or something is fishy (there is a thread where someone found out the TA kept the money and didn't pay Princess).

FIRST THING - BEFORE you talk to your TA, log on to Princess with your confirmation number or call them and see if your cruise is actually booked. Something sounds fishy.

If Princess confirms that you are paid in full, the perhaps it just got delayed in the mail. You can print your boarding pass online and you can get luggage tags at embarkation - but I really liked having all of that in advance so that my luggage could be transferred automatically.

Good luck!

If you are printing your own boarding passes from the Princess website, I believe you need to do it prior to 5 days before your cruise departs. Once you get within the 5 day window, I believe some parts of the Personalizer are blocked. Not sure if that includes access to boarding passes. I've never waited that long to print mine.

If you are printing your own boarding passes from the Princess website, I believe you need to do it prior to 5 days before your cruise departs. Once you get within the 5 day window, I believe some parts of the Personalizer are blocked. Not sure if that includes access to boarding passes. I've never waited that long to print mine.

Me, either. I print them within 12 hours of the time I make final, just to make sure that they are done. And you are correct, for a cruise two weeks from now the Personalizer will be locked very soon (I can still get into mine, and I am leaving in 18 days, but don't think it will be open for long).

Thanks

You should have received your cruise documents within 2 weeks of your final payment. We made our final payment in June and we are sailing the Saphhire Princes on September 12 with a pre-cruise starting on September 3rd. We received our cruise documents and itenerary on June 23rd. We have since received all our hotel booking confirmations for our pre cruise.

Princess send the documents to the TA and the TA either calls you to pick them up or sends them to you.

If you don't have them you can do as others said, and go to www.princess.com and click on to my princess and sign in with your e-mail address and password. If you have not done this before you can sign up now. Once you are in there it will show you how many days until your cruise. Click on the Cruise Personalizer. There you can get your boarding pass, imigration form and you can fill that out on line if you have not already done that. Accept the terms of the Cruise contract, you can book your shore excursions and then print them off.

I agree you shouldn't have to do all this. I also suggest you call Princess and give them your booking number and see if they can send you your documents. The booking number should be on your cruise personalizer. I don't know why your TA doesn't have them.

You need to do this right away.

Hope everything turns out for you.

Smiles......Kitty (Nan)

Thanks

Do you have a confirmation number? You should have a six character confirmation that you can use to access your account through Princess via their web site. If your TA is not giving you answers, I would give Princess customer service a call ASAP and make sure everything is in place with your reservation. You should have received a packet with your cruise answer booklet and luggage tags by now. While you can print your boarding passes of the internet up to 5 days before your cruise, you would still want to have your luggage tags in advance if possible. Plus, since your TA seems a little less than helpful, if it were me, I would want to make very sure they had followed through on payment and that my reservation was secure. Unfortunately I have read a few horror stories here about TAs dropping the ball and the poor customer is the one that always gets the shaft. If I were you I would be a VERY squeaky wheel right now.

Thanks for all your replies. I had already been to the Cruise Personalizer previously. I went back to the TA today and she said she had called Princess and that my stuff would be here in three days (from yesterday). She stated that I should have had my stuff last week, and that Princess must have dropped the ball somehow. I was still frustrated that if I hadn't contacted her yesterday, nothing would have been going on unless I had. I will be more informed when my 2nd Cruise happens.

Thanks again for all your help, If I finally get on that ship (with my "stuff"), I intend to enjoy it!!!!!

Thanks for all your replies. I had already been to the Cruise Personalizer previously. I went back to the TA today and she said she had called Princess and that my stuff would be here in three days (from yesterday). She stated that I should have had my stuff last week, and that Princess must have dropped the ball somehow. I was still frustrated that if I hadn't contacted her yesterday, nothing would have been going on unless I had. I will be more informed when my 2nd Cruise happens.

Thanks again for all your help, If I finally get on that ship (with my "stuff"), I intend to enjoy it!!!!!

I'll agree with a previous poster. I think your TA "filed" it in a "circular file" by mistake. It's possible Princess did drop the ball. But I'm guessing it was the TA. I know that makes me a cynic LOL

I booked direct with Princess a little over a month ago and within 3 days of booking (we paid in full) we had the materials.

Glad it's "settled" for you though. I know that can be frustrating....

I agree with the other's. Seems like you TA dropped the Ball. I always go throught he Automobile Club and I have never had a problem with thier TA's.

What Princess Ship are you going on? Princess does a great job and I hope you enjoy every minute of your cruise!

Smiles.......Kitty (Nan)

Call Princess. 1-800-Princess. They will discuss anything with you. I talk to them a lot instead of bothering my TA with questions.

Roseanna

If you booked through a TA the subjects that Princess can speak with you about are very limited, and tickets and finances are not among them. You will have to deal with the TA.

TA's have the choice of having the pre-cruise docs sent directly to the client or to their office.

The docs always seem to be sent to be right after final payment. I think your TA is not being truthful here as they should have been here weeks ago!

Archived