Oceanveiw Rooms

I think it depends on the size of the cabin...they vary. I've stayed in the "Larger Interior Cabin" and didn't feel cramped at all. To me the window has nothing to do with it. I almost always have my blinds down and closed (to keep the sun's heat out) in my BR. To me that's the same as not having a window.

I find the window to be a waste of money. You can't pull up a chair and look out the window. The only thing I find it good for is checking the weather.

The curtains still let light in in the morning as well! Booo!

We like OV cabins, and usually book them unless our C&A discount gets us a balcony for the same price. We open the curtains in the afternoon and early evening. It's nice to look at the water and the sky.

No, not claustrophobic at all. It's like being in a room with a big window if you are in a Cat F or G. The less expensive the outside cabin, the smaller the window. We like the F&G categories, and also Deck 4 is our favorite location, midship.

Does it feel like the walls are closing in on you , when your inside the cabin or is there plenty of space? :)

We had an H Grade Ocean View on Navigator 3 years ago and had #7206 which is a the very front of the ship. We had 2 port holes as the cabin went across and we found the cabin to be very spacious and loved having the portholes (one each :D ) as they allowed natural light in and enabled you to see where you were and what the weather was doing in a morning.

I have stayed in an inside cabin on another cruiseline and did find it claustrophobic (sp) but that is just my opinion and I know many CC members who are happy in an inside cabin.

Unfortunately we then experienced a balcony cabin after that and have never looked back :rolleyes:

We have had an inside and an ocean view. We did not find the inside too cramped or small, and we were heardly in there except to shower, change and sleep!

It was nice to have the ocean view with the big window and lots of light coming in, but to tell the truth as we were hardly in there, I would rather spend the money on shore - or in the bar!!!:D

I took an oceanview once when I was cruising with the choral group I belong to - my roommate was a fellow member - and for only $100pp for a 9-night cruise we got about 20 extra sq ft and the window. It was the sq ft more than the window that sold me on the OV; I like a little extra personal space when I'm sharing with someone who isn't a relative or significant other.

I have had both OV and Inside cabins and would take an OV anyday over an inside cabin.

Reasons for OV - nice view, natural light, feels more spacious (even if it isn't!).

I was worried my first cruise I had an inside cabin. I did not like it at all. I am a bit claustrophobic and found it dark and cave like. I read on one of the boards to keep the tv on and this did help.

For the extra few bucks...it is worth it for an OV.....just my opinion.:)

Archived