Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

We reserved a rental car at the airport for disembark day because we are staying a couple days after our cruise. Anyone know if there are rental car agencies that will pick you up at port? This would simplify things for us. Thanks.

Doris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, 2 of the car rental agencies at the airport and another one by the port have free shuttles. I'm not sure which ones they are, so do a search on the FL boards.

Can anyone tell me how much the taxi fare would be from Marriott north Ft Lauderdale to the cruise port. This is the hotel the travel agency booked us into and although we have pier transfer we are thinking of going by taxi.

Thanks for your help.

Mary

It will be in the $30-40 range per taxi.

Getting in fll at 815 am for 4pm leaving on princess. What to do with my time?

I would just get the luggage and take a taxi to the port and relax...they usually start boarding around 11. You could stop for breakfast at Lester's, Denny's, or Joe's Diner, all just a little out of the way.

Hi Sharon:)glad you had fun. I sail her April 7th:D

We had the best entertainment staff ever, and there was entertainment until after midnight. It's not as wild as Royal Caribbean, but much more fun than the Celebrity product that we are used to. Check out the great jazz quartet in Ensemble and the most fun deck dance party ever...have fun, Lois!

You will want to take a taxi to anywhere outside of Lago Mar. The closest store is probably the Walgreens just outside of the port. Some good restaurants that are a very short ride away are 3030, Coconuts, H2O, Market 17, Grill 66, and Casablanca Cafe. Some people like Oasis for a very casual meal. Bahia Cabana is fun but the food quality is not high. The nearest water taxi stop is between Bahia Cabana and Bahia Mar.

Thanks! , Hope you had fun!!!

Can you tell me anything about the Lago mar? We chose it because of it being right on the beach and we got a halfway descent deal.

I thought there would be some things around it/in it. (rest. etc.)

Is there a certain direction we should head to find a better store than Walgreens? We will need supplies and some alcohol.

Thanks again!

We had the best entertainment staff ever, and there was entertainment until after midnight. It's not as wild as Royal Caribbean, but much more fun than the Celebrity product that we are used to. Check out the great jazz quartet in Ensemble and the most fun deck dance party ever...have fun, Lois!

Oh, I always have fun and plan to this cruise as well:D....I do enjoy

the deck parties too:)

As for Royal? I never sail them so the comparison doesn't work for

me;)

Thanks! , Hope you had fun!!!

Can you tell me anything about the Lago mar? We chose it because of it being right on the beach and we got a halfway descent deal.

I thought there would be some things around it/in it. (rest. etc.)

Is there a certain direction we should head to find a better store than Walgreens? We will need supplies and some alcohol.

Thanks again!

Lago Mar is very nice. They have free parking if you decide to rent a car. They have restaurants right at the hotel. You can probably find everything you want at Walgreens or you can go a few blocks further to Harbor Shops where there is Publix and Total Wine. It's all south on A1A which becomes SE 17th St over the bridge. It's too far to walk to anything from the hotel.

Lago Mar is very nice. They have free parking if you decide to rent a car. They have restaurants right at the hotel. You can probably find everything you want at Walgreens or you can go a few blocks further to Harbor Shops where there is Publix and Total Wine. It's all south on A1A which becomes SE 17th St over the bridge. It's too far to walk to anything from the hotel.

Anyone told you how AWESOME you are lately??;)

Thanks!!

Our Roll Call is having a pre-cruise dinner at Bimini Boathouse. I was wondering if nice capri's and a nice top are appropriate dress for there? Thanks.

Yes, more than appropriate. The entire area (17th Street) is casual;):):D

Anyone told you how AWESOME you are lately??;)

Thanks!!

Thank you!:) By the way, I think that the closest Walgreens only sells beer & wine, no hard liquor, so go to Total Wine if you want that.

Edited by royalcruz

We are staying at the Courtyard Marriott on the beach (Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale) and we were wondering if there are any Mexican Restaurants nearby, thanks in advance....

The Drunken Taco is close but is not recommended (poor food & service). The closest one with ok reviews is Dos Caminos at the Sheraton (no beach view). You can take the Suntrolley or 40 bus to Carlos & Pepes or LaCantina (also Tijuana Flats and Chipotle if you don't care about table service). Roccos Tacos on Las Olas Blvd is a short (2 miles) cab ride away and it is great, but make reservations, and be aware that it is loud and trendy.

I 2nd the Carlos and Pepe's suggestion:)...on 17th Street and it has

been there for more than 20 years. To me, in these days of openings

and closings? That says ALOT:D.....I have eaten there several times

and have always enjoyed it:)

There are no seafood restuarants within walking distance to Hampton Inn north, but you can take a short ride to:

Rustic Inn

15th St Fisheries

Bimini Boatyard

Kelly's Landing

Southport Raw Bar

Thanks! We've enjoyed Rustic past couple of years. Any preference of the other four?

Thanks! We've enjoyed Rustic past couple of years. Any preference of the other four?

This is very subjective...I can't eat shellfish so maybe I'm not the best one to ask. I prefer 15th St Dockside (downstairs), or Bimini Boatyard. People love Kelly's for lobster. I haven't been to Southport and I don't care for the ambiance at Kelly's (New England casual sports bar/restaurant in a shopping plaza).

We just used hotwire and got the Bahia Mar Ft L Beach--a Doubletree Hotel. We will be there one night precruise--March 25th. Gotten some info from trip advisor but wanted to ask advice. Is it anywhere near a grocery store?? Mainly thinking of wine and breakfast items.

Also, what about restaurants within walking distance?

Nothing in hotel write up about airport shuttle, so do not think there is any, but the price was very good so guess we can spring for a taxi!!!

Thanks so much for any advice. This is a great site.

Dottie