cost of soft drinks?

Hi,

I know that you cant take on board any alcohol but what about cans/bottles of soft drinks - is it right that they cost $6.00 on board??

Also, I've read that lemonade, tea, coffee are all free but that the availability to get them is very difficult, only one or two places to get drinks from and long queues??

We are on FOS (if thats makes a difference!!)

Thanks

It's no where near $6 for a can of soda. That would be the typical cost of a mixed alcohol with soda drink like a rum and coke or the cost of an adult soda package per day, kid's is $4, plus 15% gratuity for all you can drink fountain sodas.

I believe on our last May Radiance cruise it was $1.75 plus 15% gratuity for just over $2 for a can of soda.

You can bring on cans/bottles of soda and bottles of water but like you mentioned, no alcohol.

It's no where near $6 for a can of soda. That would be the typical cost of a mixed alcohol with soda drink like a rum and coke or the cost of an adult soda package per day, kid's is $4, plus 15% gratuity for all you can drink fountain sodas.

I believe on our last May Radiance cruise it was $1.75 plus 15% gratuity for just over $2 for a can of soda.

You can bring on cans/bottles of soda and bottles of water but like you mentioned, no alcohol.

Thanks..that makes me feel better..I was starting to add up the cost of drinks and got a VERY high total!!!

I'd read a review a while ago but it wasnt the most glowing report that I've read...I guess I shouldnt have paid too much attention to someone who can moan about a complete cruise.

This will be my first and I cant wait!!

Hi,

I know that you cant take on board any alcohol but what about cans/bottles of soft drinks - is it right that they cost $6.00 on board??

Also, I've read that lemonade, tea, coffee are all free but that the availability to get them is very difficult, only one or two places to get drinks from and long queues??

We are on FOS (if thats makes a difference!!)

Thanks

Rubbish! A can of diet coke is $2.25 -that is around £1.40, and this includes the tip!

Tea, coffee, lemonade, and fruit punch all freely available in the Windjammer, no queues, and also tea and coffee from Cafe Promenade, again no queues.....

That's right---a CAN of soda is in the $2 range....or, you can bring soda onboard...they don't care as long as it's not alcohol!

Not quite right, people DO bring soda and water, but if you call RCI they will tell you bringing a case of water or soda is not allowed. RCI has not listed soda and water in the Prohibited Items List as yet but will be considering it in the future. If you want to bring soda or water, probably a good idea to put it in a suitcase or duffle bag-less obvious that way ;)

On the IoS (presumably the same on FoS) the windjammer was a very short walk from the pool/sunbathing areas on decks 11 & 12. It is very easy to fetch lemonade/cherryade/ice tea/ice water (depending on the ship) from the WJ to your lounger, if that is what you are thinking about. These 'ades are non-fizzy and very good.

The Promenade cafe on deck 5 serves coffee or tea in Starbucks-style paper cups

So no need to bother with the expensive sodas. The soda package for kids might be worthwhile if you want the peace of mind. One of our teens made reasonable use of it, the other didn't.

Archived