Two Elegant Nights...leaves a question:

tecflyer

Would it be tacky to wear the same outfit to both Elegant nights? Just wondering, as we have to purchase something to wear for each elegant night. Maybe just attend one elegant night if we can't find two separate dresses? If so, first or second?

Would it be tacky to wear the same outfit to both Elegant nights? Just wondering, as we have to purchase something to wear for each elegant night. Maybe just attend one elegant night if we can't find two separate dresses? If so, first or second?

IMHO, where the same thing both nights if need be, noone pays that much attention (and they dont know if you sent it to dry cleaning service onboard either).... meals in MDR on elegant nights are usually pretty good, don't miss one because of a dress.

I take one pair of black dress pants and two fancy tops...works well for me. Not too many women dress in formal dresses anymore, I see more in shorter cocktail dresses. And I don't think it would be tacky at all! My DH wears the same suit, just a different shirt and tie the second night.

Trust me....no one will notice if you wear the same outfit twice! Like others I bring one pair of dressy black pants and two sparkley tops! Same shoes. Don't fret about it!

Happy sails!:)

Okay so you are in the outfit for 2 hours right. Lets face it, anything I wear for 2 hours unless its a hot muggy day will be put back in the closet to wear again.:D I only pack one nice outfit for me & DH and son. DD always packs a couple fancy dresses she buys for the cruise.

I took a different dress only because of pictures. Then we didn't like any of the ones we took that night anyway. I can't imagine that anyone would care if you wore the same dress 2 nights. If they do care, they need to get a life. I keep saying that I am going to stop bringing so many clothes, but it hasn't happened yet.

Relax! Here is one of our group formal nights...we range in age from 18-61 and come from several states....we all were comfortable with what we chose for our "formal wear" and did not draw stares or gasps from anyone that night. ENJOY your cruise :)

2662359850064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Not tacky at all. And, believe me, nobody will even notice.

If you feel uncomfortable doing so, do what many do; take a pair of very dressy black slacks and 2 wonderful dressy blouses.

Most important....have a great time.

Archived