Hotels in Barcelona close to the Port

originalcf1

I am interested in hotels that are close to the port where i will meet the norwegian gem on September 27th 2009. I have two days in Barcelona..

please advise of hotels

This question of "which" hotel in Barcelona is one of the most over-worked in CC!!

Please do a "search" using Barcelona Hotels as your topic to see the hundreds of previous postings. Please don't expect everyone to re-post.

We booked a balcony suite at Hotel Continental directly on their site (only place left to buy so close to Christmas) for 12/22. This is in Las Ramblas. I have read the beds are hard, but I expect to be jet-lagged, and as long as hubby can sleep, that is OK.

They have some free food/drinks, though I read on Trip Advisor it is not stellar.

Our flight gets in at 9 a.m., so we plan to get the 117 E worth, which seems pretty reasonable to me.

We spent several nights after our cruise at the Hotel Continental last February. After our cruise we took the port bus from the ship to the Colum Monument where Las Ramblas begins, and then simply walked to the hotel - ess than a mile along Las Ramblas - the Hotel Oasis is almost to Catalunya Sqwuare and on the right side of the street. We had a balcony room overlooking Las Ramblas. Very comfortable room and we enjoyed the included 24 hour buffet foods, mostly breakfast stuff, but they had salad fixings, some white fish, lox, pasta salad and an ice cream machine with toppings, cookies, free wine and soda that we found more than adequate for our needs. Before our cruise we spent one night at the Hotel Oasis from which we walked rolling our luggage along the seawall area to catch the port bus to the ship. It is an older hotel, on the edge of the Gothic quarter, but we had a newly redecorated room and it included breakfast. Probably about i mile walk to the bus stop aea, but taxis are readily available too. DH and I, both in our mid-50's - walk 2 miles every morning for exercise so it was not a problem at all for us to walk rolling our luggage as it was a beautiful morning. Actually, earlier that morning we had already walked the entire length of Las Ramblas to see the sights, then walked bak to the Hotel Oasis to get our luggage and head to the ship.

Archived