Hurricane Jimena

Sgt. Jeff

Cabo is fine! Much cleaner now and Jimena brought us more sand. I went out on the bay early this morning to check out water condtions for the ships. I will try to attach. The city is fine though. Hopefully the pier will have the canopy shade put back up by Friday for the Splendor and Mariner's arrivals! The water is few degrees cooler and still nice temp and vis not bad at all. Not much rain equals not much ugly runoff into the marina or bay. There was very little trash and only saw a couple of pieces of marine grass floating. Sun is shining, clear blue sky with just a couple of fluffy clouds and HOT. No rain, light breeze. Everyone operating at 100%.

IMG_0612.jpg.9a9b4bb16af06f09ac3ea8219c9f32d7.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg.207efe92c7fabcdf041b554589195960.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg.6fd2bc5a4f9500661857069919dd8bc6.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg.5da1a9670739b2788e2a824d34af4b84.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg.4a73a5a6087b439bb7b1e2ea2310edc7.jpg

I'm on the Mariner, which I expect will be going back to its original schedule, so we'll be there on Tuesday, September 8. I plan on spending the day at Mango Deck drinking, eating, drinking, watching people, drinking, fighting off the vendors and maybe drinking.

Stop be if you have the time. Love to buy you a drink, say hello and thank you for all the information.

Mango Deck - interesting choice.

Interesting comment. :) I know some think it is somewhat "sleazy" (I think that's the right word), but we were there a couple of years ago with a group of 10 and had a good time. Has anything changed?

Thanks again for the updates and pics, Caro --- specially the one of my dear, dear Solomon's Landing.

Can't wait to get back to Cabo. Guess I won't have to wait very long now.

Good to hear your car was released from jungle city as well.

dianne

What do you need chain saws for when ya got machetes and Pepe the wonder gardener!

Caro, hoping we can meet up when we get to Cabo on the 28th.

Are you sure there's not something you can't get there that you'd like to get from the states.

Have had requests before from Cabo residents for Kraft Mac 'N cheese and Spaghettios. Said they couldn't get them there.

You have been so helpful to so many of us with your reports. Would just like to help you if we can.

Dianne

Caro, hoping we can meet up when we get to Cabo on the 28th.

Are you sure there's not something you can't get there that you'd like to get from the states.

Have had requests before from Cabo residents for Kraft Mac 'N cheese and Spaghettios. Said they couldn't get them there.

You have been so helpful to so many of us with your reports. Would just like to help you if we can.

Dianne

Thanks for the offer Dianne. I will seriously think if there is anything and let you know. Cabo has undergone some progress...Kraft Mac and Cheese can be found in many places now. I hope to be able to stop by Soloman's and will look for the wild pair in yellow shirts!

Interesting comment. :) I know some think it is somewhat "sleazy" (I think that's the right word), but we were there a couple of years ago with a group of 10 and had a good time. Has anything changed?

I don't think it's sleazy. It is a loud and in your face kinda party place though. Between the Mango Deck, Billygans Island and the ME hotel, that's pretty much party central for the Spring Break type crowd. Lots of loud music and drinking contests. Many people like it however.

My choices would include Tobasco's, The Sand Bar, or Baja Cantina (beach). I would not recommend "The Office". It used to be a great place, but it's gotten complacent. Food is high priced but only average in quality. Service is much worse than before. There have been reports of "bar bill" padding. It's a shame because it used to be our favorite. If we are in Cabo during our timeshare ownership week, then we would hang out at Pueblo Bonito Blanco. We own at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach but love spending at least one day/evening over at Blanco.

Thanks for the offer Dianne. I will seriously think if there is anything and let you know. Cabo has undergone some progress...Kraft Mac and Cheese can be found in many places now. I hope to be able to stop by Soloman's and will look for the wild pair in yellow shirts!

Star is scheduled to be about 11 a.m. We should be at Solomon's by 12:30 or 1.

Dianne

I don't think it's sleazy. It is a loud and in your face kinda party place though. Between the Mango Deck, Billygans Island and the ME hotel, that's pretty much party central for the Spring Break type crowd. Lots of loud music and drinking contests. Many people like it however.

My choices would include Tobasco's, The Sand Bar, or Baja Cantina (beach). I would not recommend "The Office". It used to be a great place, but it's gotten complacent. Food is high priced but only average in quality. Service is much worse than before. There have been reports of "bar bill" padding. It's a shame because it used to be our favorite. If we are in Cabo during our timeshare ownership week, then we would hang out at Pueblo Bonito Blanco. We own at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach but love spending at least one day/evening over at Blanco.

Thanks for the input. In your face is OK as I'm on vacation and only there for several hours. I had heard the Office is not what it used to be (whatever that was) and stayed away last year. Tobasco's & Sand Bar are a little quieter and we may go there later in the day. I don't think BC had a beach location when we were last there, but not sure.

I've heard great things about Pueblo Bonito (we own at Coronado Beach Club) and plan to exchange someday. It just never seems to happen.

This satellite view is a few years old but it shows you the layout. The Casa Dorada Timeshare Resort is completed and it's supposed to have a public access restaurant/club as well. Tobasco's is still there, just down the beach a ways. Just have to drag the map or zoom out a bit.

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=22.8872583&lon=-109.9045497&z=19&l=0&m=b

Don't have to necessarily do an exchange. Easy to rent from a Pueblo Bonito owner through sites like tug2 dot net or redweek

Archived