New Itinerary Wish List

Jim Avery

Even as we are eagerly counting down to our next SD Caribbean cruise, we have been discussing the only real downside--air travel. This is, of course, not exclusively a SeaDream problem but affects all of us that want to meet any ship except the few mass market buckets that sail from US coast ports. The air travel issue is only likely to degrade further with the proposed cutbacks on service (what service) and is sometimes worsened by the SeaDream Sunday to Sunday scheduling of many of the cruises. I know that particular issue has been discussed before both in these boards and with SD personnel to no avail. My question is: what new sailing ports would you like to see SeaDream sail from and what Itineraries would you like. For many of us, the ship is the destination and the ports of call merely additional diversion. I, for one, would have liked (and were booked on) the cancelled Miami sailing to the Bahamas and the keys. As much as we dearly love our trips to the Lesser Antilles, the flying does bring it down somewhat at the end. How about it, any ideas out there?

I agree Jim that the Sunday to Sunday itinerary is problematic for lots of reasons, including air travel, but it doesn't seem to stop us:p

I would love to SD sail out of Charleston, SC or even Baltimore, MD. I loved when we sailed out of West Palm Beach, FL several years ago. We still had to fly but the airport was so much easier to navigate than STT or SJU.

I wonder if the SD ships could sail the intercoastal? I am not sure how much they draft. Sailing from Norfolk to Key West on the intercoastal might be interesting.

A Panama Canal transit out of a Florida port would be wonderful as well.

I could envision these trips being once a season as they reposition the yachts.

Well if the government ever relaxes the ban on travel to Cuba, MIA to two or three stops there, with Jamaica or Grand Cayman and Key West thrown in would be interesting.

Great! Cuba would be a natural for SD. Count us in.

Archived