What should I do??? TA problems

seattlecruiser

I booked a 2008 cruise thru an online TA that I found via the online bid website. I want to add another room to the booking and I have been unable to contact the TA. Emails direct to the TA as well as to the company general email have not been answered in 5 days. A phone call to the company got me a message "not a valid mailbox" (or something like that)...I have used that number in the past and it worked fine. I am beginning to think the TA went of of business. And to top it off the price of the cruise went up $250pp since I have been attempting to contact the original TA!

My original deposit was charged to my credit card by NCL so I am not worried about my deposit but am unsure where to go from here to find out the status of the TA and my original reservation.

Is there anyone I can call at NCL to find out? If I want to transfer the booking to another TA or to NCL direct will NCL let me do that without a release from the original TA?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

you have 2 choices, neither are very incouraging; 1-cancel altogether and re book with someone else. Problem with this, if the agent won't return the email and the phone call isn't legit you might have problems; 2-let agent know you want to transfer, same thing, if they won't sign off you may be stuck. Is the company a large one? My guess is, NO, but I could be wrong. Booking with on line agents and agents that are home based are not always a bad idea, seems like in your case in may have been. telling you to go with a major company or one refered to you isn't going to do you any good now. i hope you can work this out. Please keep us informed.

Nita

Call the cruise line and book the additional room you want -- at least you have it. You can always transfer the booking to your TA (or a new TA) later.

While you're on the phone with NCL tell them you suspect the TA that booked your other room is out of business. I suspect you could easily have this booking transferred to another TA or maybe even put under your name (and control).

Then investigate what's going on with the missing-in-action TA.

Do you know the name of the TA or company? Try calling information to see if they have changed their number.

Do you have a booking number? You should ...any good TA should have given you a booking number. With that number, you can go to NCL web site and check to make sure your deposit is listed.

any good TA would give a reservation number or send an invoice but it doesn't sound like she has a very good agent. As for checking, it is a good idea but she does know she has a reservation. The deposit showed on her Credit Card.

Nita

Just a quick update...I was able to get thru to an answering machine at the TA yesterday saying they were closed for the weekend.

Still not sure what is going on...maybe they all took last week off for a cruise?

Hopefully will be able to contact them in person tomorrow.

THE only good thing about this: the recorded said they were closed for the weekend, not closed forever..

Nita

Just a quick update...I was able to get thru to an answering machine at the TA yesterday saying they were closed for the weekend.

Still not sure what is going on...maybe they all took last week off for a cruise?

Hopefully will be able to contact them in person tomorrow.

Could it have been the Jewish holidays, perhaps?

Hope it all works out for you.:)

I finally heard from the TA today. She has been very sick the last two weeks and also said they were having problems with their toll free line last week.

So my fears were unfounded. She has now booked the rooms we wanted. Luckily they were still available.

My only disappointment with the TA is that there was no one answering her email in her absence...or at least an automated return email saying that she was out of the office for a period of time. That oversight cost an additional $250pp. Other than this incident, I have been pleased with her service.

I find it interesting that the price of this cruise has increased $600pp since I booked the original cabin in July. The cruise is not until next summer so I guess I can hope for future reductions.

Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions.

Archived