Aft cabins on the Azura anyone??

suebubbles

Anybody been in the aft cabins on the azura ? We have one booked and was wondering what the room is like and what you get out on your balcony any info from someone who has been in one we have booked end aft B749 thanks in advance:)

• 1 month later...

We are booked in cabin d734,which has come up on the invoice as an obstructed view so looking forward to replies on this which could be helpful as i am thinking now of changing cabins:confused:

Hi!

We have B747 booked! (Inside stateroom so not quite so posh!) I am interested in corridor or engine noise etc and what the launderettes are like.

Cheers!

Cant help on the cabin question but the launderettes are good. They have two washers, two dryers plus two irons and ironing boards in each one. The machines are pretty industrial but very good. Only issue is people not checking back on their laundry so you may need to empty the washer or dryer to allow you to put your clothes in. It becomes more practical as the cruise progresses and in fact can reduce the burden of the washing chores when you get home.

Found a good pic of the aft of Ventura here which has the same layout as Azura.

Those in aft B deck balconies should find their balconies are a bit larger than those to the port or starboard. Im perplexed at the suggestion that the D deck aft cabin is an obstructed view. The only thing I can think of is if you look at the second cabin in from the left on D deck (the second row of cabins up from sea level on the aft) you can see a dividing support and then a balcony devide which seperates D735 from the adjacent suite balconies. Well these divides look to be off set a little meaning that the view from the balcony doors may not be the full width of the doors.

Im sure someone will come on and explain it better but if you look at the picture it may make more sense.

Ventura_Rear_large.JPG

Hi - for all of you wanting advise on aft balconies. The following link shows a picture which you can enlarge. You can also click and drag it so individual balconies.

From what I can see the obstructions on D deck look small and I wouldn't worry . However there are some on B deck which are quite bad obstructions. ie. large pillar in centre of the balcony.

Definately worth checking out if you room is affected. It seems to be B750 and B751 which are worst affected

Hth's

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/dlp6572/Cruises#5238039532187227762

Sue

we used b751 on disembarkation day for a few hours, and the strut going down the centre of the balcony was horrendous, would have driven me mad had i been in that cabin for more than a few hours. it does look like that strut goes through the centre of all those balconys directly below down to E deck, and on both sides.

the cabins on either side of b751 were fine, ...i did stick my head round to be nosey,....luckily noboby in those cabins at the time :rolleyes:

Certain of the aft cabins on Azura, as on Ventura, have a beam going through part of the balcony. We changed from C751 on Azura to the cabin next door which doesn't. If you go to the Princess site on here and put "Beam" into the search box you will find there is a thread called something like "The Ultimate Beam thread". On there there is a picture of the aft of the ships which are the same design as Ventura and Azura and all the cabins are labelled along with the beams so you can see which cabins are affected.

It was through reading this thread that I realised that C751 which we had booked had the beam. My TA had not heard about this and when she spoke to P&O they said, at that time - about a year ago - they did not call the "Beam" cabins "obstructed". However, having heard reports on the Princess site from people who had been in one of these cabins I decided I didn't want one.

Carole

very wise, and they also block out alot of light, making the cabin quite dark. i think the t/a and P&O should make more information available when they have enquires for these cabins, because looking at the brochure, there is no immediate info stating there are beams going straight down the middle of your balcony, and imo ...its a great obstruction. if you are a couple, you can't even sit side by side on these balconies, unless you move behind the beam.:(

• 3 weeks later...

been informed,

a deck cabins aft a733 & a752 have the beam ? it obstructs your view?

b deck cabins aft b751 & b750 have the beam ? """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

c deck cabins aft c751 & c750 have the beam ? """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

d deck cabins aft d737 & d736 have the beam ? """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

e deck cabins aft e733 & e732 have the beam ? """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

the other obstruction like cabins e735 & e734 are were its recessed giving a shaded area, but a larger balcony, with a jg class price?

what i was informed by p&o on the phone.

• 1 year later...

P&O Website has pictures taken from inside the cabins of all the ones with obstructed views.

Click on "how can we help" on the main page,click on the drop down menu in all help topics,click on obstructed views then pick the ship and the cabin.

P&O Website has pictures taken from inside the cabins of all the ones with obstructed views.

Click on "how can we help" on the main page,click on the drop down menu in all help topics,click on obstructed views then pick the ship and the cabin.

Wow! What a good find! Thanks you!

We had C753 on Azura last year and LOVED it. The balcony is huge and very private, and the soothing sounds of the wake and views are wonderful. There is a slight overhang so you cannot be seen from above if that bothers you.

We also had a similar corner cabin on B deck on Ruby Princess, a sister ship which has the same cabin layout and we had 2 chairs, 2 loungers and 2 tables on the balcony......... and stil had lots of space. I know some people complain about extra noise and vibration but I can honestly say we never noticed anything other than what you usually feel when docking etc.

Hi

Aft is the best place to be in my opinion.

Balconys are bigger, sound of wake and lovely view looking back.

We have had C753 A751 and have booked E733 for this year.

E733 has got the beam:eek: but balcony bigger so not a problem.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi

We aint sailing until november in this cabin.

Don't think beam would be a problem as balcony is so wide.

We had aft suite with beam.....no problem at all. still had sunloungers and table for dinner ....Didnt even think of the beam....thought everybody had one !!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived