Age demographic on princess?

ripjerry95

What I didn't see on Princess was people just having fun except for the Sexy Legs Contest!

I guess fun means different things for different people. We always have fun on Princess ships. Dancing, swiming, playing minigolf, attending shows and lectures, watching MUTS. Princess provides all activities other lines provide, except of course ice skating, ziplines, rock climbing.

I guess fun means different things for different people. We always have fun on Princess ships. Dancing, swiming, playing minigolf, attending shows and lectures, watching MUTS. Princess provides all activities other lines provide, except of course ice skating, ziplines, rock climbing.

Fun might be the wrong word, more doing things out of their comfort zone. All the things you mentioned are everyday activities I see or do . Now to see that 90 yrs old guy in the sexy leg contest dance to I am sexy and you know it, priceless. The whole part of the vacation escape for me is to try things and even food I would not do normally. Since I like to try new things I am happy exploring other decks, like a promiscuous cruiser. It might be a challenge convincing dh that I am ready for HAL.

However there is something about ending the day with a nice bottle of wine in an aft balcony, always having a last look at where you have been. Sometimes taking a stroll around the ship that is so elegantly designed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Edited by Blk_Amish

Fun might be the wrong word, more doing things out of their comfort zone. All the things you mentioned are everyday activities I see or do . Now to see that 90 yrs old guy in the sexy leg contest dance to I am sexy and you know it, priceless. The whole part of the vacation escape for me is to try things and even food I would not do normally. Since I like to try new things I am happy exploring other decks, like a promiscuous cruiser. It might be a challenge convincing dh that I am ready for HAL.

Yes... but not in the middle of the ocean. :)

I, personally do not really like Hairy Legs/Chest contests. I do not know why, but...

However there is something about ending the day with a nice bottle of wine in an aft balcony, always having a last look at where you have been. Sometimes taking a stroll around the ship that is so elegantly designed.

I cannot agree more.

Promenade deck. Ahhh, I want to be on a cruise again, and my last one just ended a week ago. :)

By the way, we had a cruise on Zuiderdam (HAL) when we were 33, 32 and 12. It was not my favorite cruise, but definitely not the oldest crowd. The oldest was one week ago on RCI Brilliance of the Seas. 90+ years old were actively using rock climbing wall. You never know. :D

It depends. We've been on 4 Princess cruises. The first in Alaska did skew somewhat toward a 50+ crowd, but there were some younger folks and a few kids. The next two in the Caribbean had many more younger people. Our most recent was last month in Europe. I think the average age was 50ish. We brought along our 25 year old neice who had a fabulous time, quickly finding a bunch of other twenty somethings to pal around with.

I think Celebrity skews older than Princess because it is more expensive. The most kid packed cruises we've been on were RCI. One was a record with 1/3 of the pax being children. It was spring break week, but really didn't feel over run with kids after the first day.

The most kid packed cruises we've been on were RCI. One was a record with 1/3 of the pax being children. It was spring break week, but really didn't feel over run with kids after the first day.

Royal has one of the best kids/teens programs. It excels Princess in this department, although our teenage son had fun of both, Royal's was much better for him. The most packed with kids cruise was on Carnival once. I think even kids club was overcrowded.. and many kids decided not to attend. Another one cruise with too many kids, was on NCL Spirit out of NYC during spring break. 800 kids for 78k tons ship was way too much.

At least Princess with 2 adult only pools allows adults to hide if there are too many kids. :D

Yes... but not in the middle of the ocean. :)

Ok, good point:D.

I, personally do not really like Hairy Legs/Chest contests. I do not know why, but...

Given the choice I would rather have the best Six Pack Contest but there is worse things to behold than a guy with a hairy chest and a keg. Honestly can't think of anything right now but I am not on a cruise with an overpriced drink in my hand:D

Promenade deck. Ahhh, I want to be on a cruise again, and my last one just ended a week ago. :)

I need serious recovery time from my last cruise. I truly felt my age, along with my back and my knees.

By the way, we had a cruise on Zuiderdam (HAL) when we were 33, 32 and 12. It was not my favorite cruise, but definitely not the oldest crowd. The oldest was one week ago on RCI Brilliance of the Seas. 90+ years old were actively using rock climbing wall. You never know. :D

I like the fact that I can go to different lines and experience things differently. I sit and relax on Princess which is not always easy for me, climb and skate on RCL, and Carnival, oh Carnival, what can I say, I wore 7 gowns and 7 cocktail dresses in 7 nights!. Who would have thought. .

Edited by Blk_Amish

I like the fact that I can go to different lines and experience things differently. I sit and relax on Princess which is not always easy for me, climb and skate on RCL, and Carnival, oh Carnival, what can I say, I wore 7 gowns and 7 cocktail dresses in 7 nights!. Who would have thought. .

I am seriously surprized about gowns on Carnival. I don't wear gowns with any lines anymore, but don't see why I would do it specifically on CCL ships. OTOH if I change my mind about gowns I will do it on any ship. I saw people in gowns every day on any line, including NCL.

By the way hairy legs is not the worst contest. On CCL Liberty we once saw heary chest contest when 12 male participants one by one were dancing on laps of 60+ woman whos eyes were closed and she had to determin which chest was the hairiest. This looked wrong!!! but funny.

Another contest included a competition when participants had to eat very fat parts of the meat. They all had barf buckets, and winner was the one who barfed the last. Looked really gross.

By the way hairy legs is not the worst contest. On CCL Liberty we once saw heary chest contest when 12 male participants one by one were dancing on laps of 60+ woman whos eyes were closed and she had to determin which chest was the hairiest. This looked wrong!!! but funny.

Another contest included a competition when participants had to eat very fat parts of the meat. They all had barf buckets, and winner was the one who barfed the last. Looked really gross.

THIS is a big reason why we are so very happy to have started out with Princess. We have absolutely no interest in cruising on a line that has stuff like the things quoted above.

It is funny that our very next cruise was on Caribbean Princess and difference was huge. Even if something like this would happen on their ships (which we never experienced), it will be limited to one smaller pool area, and everybody will not be forced to watch it.

I am seriously surprized about gowns on Carnival. I don't wear gowns with any lines anymore, but don't see why I would do it specifically on CCL ships. OTOH if I change my mind about gowns I will do it on any ship. I saw people in gowns every day on any line, including NCL.

I was a judge for the sexy legs contest on RCl when one of the contests wearing a pink thong mooned me. Nice buttocks but PINK, maybe it's the new black. The food stuff I see a version of it on every cruise, every line at a place called the buffet. Princess doesn't use plates, they use troughs. Some of contestants at the buffet then HOG the chairs at the pool. The trivia game on Princess was nothing more than a version of mean girls for some passengers. Except for the gluttony at the buffet, you can find a spot to enjoy your cruise your way. I never felt I was force to do much on any of my vacations, that I didn't care for. Trivia on Princess, after the first session I simply avoided.

On RCL, my cruise after Princess but before my most recent Carnival, I was reminded several times it was not formal night. For me two outfits per might is still the rule.

Edited by Blk_Amish

Gotta ask, what was the prize, front of the line pass to the buffet? Just a thought, but doesn't that say more about a culture and industy than a line? A guy with a pound of bacon at the buffet, why?

Edited by Blk_Amish

Gotta ask, what was the prize, front of the line pass to the buffet? Just a thought, but doesn't that say more about a culture and industy than a line? A guy with a pound of bacon at the buffet, why?

No kidding. I mean... Their bacon isn't really all that good... :D

We must tell you our tail when on Crown doing Quebec to Fl, they were doing a quiz show and a man was asked why he sat in the front row of the theatre during the cabaret, he replied to see the camel toes!, an old lady at the back of the theatre next to us shouted at the top of her voice HEH.....WHATS A CAMEL TOE! Well that was too much of me. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

:)

Well this would be a fair statement, but passengers are from the same country.

:)

Well this would be a fair statement, but passengers are from the same country.

I am not American born so I find much of this very fascinating, even outside of cruising. I never saw a buffet until I was 16 years old.

I was lost for words on my first cruise (20 yrs ago) to know that much food existed in one place or on one plate. Oh, back then midnight buffets.

Edited by Blk_Amish

I am not American born so I find much of this very fascinating, even outside of cruising. I never saw a buffet until I was 16 years old.

Me too, not even raised here, but I do not think this game was American game too. I have not seen it on other lines. :)

Edited by Tatka

Me too, not even raised here, but I do not think this game was American game too. I have not seen it on other lines. :)

Another version of Man vs Food, taken way too far. So far I have enjoyed the cruises I have taken and look forward to the ones I have planned.

I have three cruises at the most left, then more than likely finsish for a very long, long time. I don't care much for Caribbean ports and don't wish to fly too far to get on a ship.

Edited by Blk_Amish

We enjoy Caribbeans very much, however we do not like to fly lately, so we do it only to get to Europe (cruise or not), drive to Florida (long drive!) o sail out of Boston/NYC/NJ. I wish Princess would've returned for Caribbean sailings to our neighborhood! We had terrific Bermuda/Caribbeans run out of Brooklyn. :)

Well, now we will probably sail on a new Royal Princess to Canada. With any demographics!

Enjoy your cruises!

Alaska is really calling me, something different, cold weather. I hope I didn't miss the boat on all the cheap cruises that were floating around for this summer. I would definitely do it again with Princess

No kidding. I mean... Their bacon isn't really all that good... :D

You get English bacon - soft, sweaty and with strips of white fat. You get American bacon - crisp enough to crack your teeth on and deep fried. You get Australian bacon - lean (no fat) on the BBQ:). You get Canadian bacon - something sweet (do they add maple syrup)??

Look at the sign on the buffet - to tell you how it was cooked. Caveat emptor.

Somebody explained the different cruise lines like this:

Carnival = board shorts

Princess = Dockers

Holland America = Depends

My experience has tended to validate the same.

For the past 8 consecutive years the average passenger on the Princess Fleet, worldwide, year round, is 58 years old.

For the past 7 consecutive years the average passenger on the Holland America Fleet, worldwide, year round, is 57 years old.

You get English bacon - soft, sweaty and with strips of white fat. You get American bacon - crisp enough to crack your teeth on and deep fried. You get Australian bacon - lean (no fat) on the BBQ:). You get Canadian bacon - something sweet (do they add maple syrup)??

Look at the sign on the buffet - to tell you how it was cooked. Caveat emptor.

Wow, this amount of bacon is being consumed by people whose average age is 50-ish. My second favorite place to people watch is the buffet. So much bacon, so little time for some who keep eating.

Princess Buffet- top notch