Drones

dkjretired

Someone asked on the Bermuda board if you can bring drones to Bermuda. I was curious if Celebrity has a policy either for or against. Let me make it clear that I have absolutely no intention of bringing one but curious with the ongoing fire problems that have occurred if any of the cruise lines established policies.

While there has been an issue with hoverboards catching on fire, I'm not aware of any problem with drones erupting in flames. I would think that cruise lines would resist passengers flying drones while aboard, but I don't believe that they pose a fire risk.

Edited by Fouremco

While there has been an issue with hoverboards catching on fire, I'm not aware of any problem with drones erupting in flames. I would think that cruise lines would resist passengers flying drones while aboard, but I don't believe that they pose a fire risk.

I've seen a couple on fire in the news.

We had a couple of them on a cruise last year. Celebrity took them away. You keep batteries and charger as stated, but we were cautioned to make sure it was legal to fly them when off the ship. Not legal in many areas and my grandson gave up trying to figure out the regulations as they were in Turkish, Greek, Italian etc.

Someone asked on the Bermuda board if you can bring drones to Bermuda. I was curious if Celebrity has a policy either for or against. Let me make it clear that I have absolutely no intention of bringing one but curious with the ongoing fire problems that have occurred if any of the cruise lines established policies.

Aerial Drones or similar items are not permitted onboard.

I think another concern might be with the ones fitted with a camera. That and a host of other issues.

We spent several nights in Barcelona last fall, and one night from our roof-top terrace room at the Hotel Barcelona Universal we could see a drone moving back and forth, up and down, among neighboring apartment and condo buildings. Wondered if it was a modern-day "peeping tom."

But I can't think of any good reason to take a drone on a cruise ship, and also applaud the ban.

• 9 months later...

just called Celebrity and they told me it is allowed to bring the drone onboard but they will take it from you when you board. You can have it back at the ports/islands and use at your own risk following local regulations. The information as of 12/16/2016. This makes a lot of sense to me so we can still enjoy our drones at destinations but won't be tempted to use on the ship (which would be really stupid).