Carnival Fantasy Review & Pics/ June 5th, 2010 Sailing

The Atrium library. I just realized we totally forgot to go there for tea. I wanted to do that. Either way, they have board games in here as well as books and soduko (sp) puzzles. We only popped in here to check out what books were on the shelves.

Picture2252.jpg

Universe Lounge. The crazy thing about this place is when they close the curtains, you have absolutely no idea if it is day or night out. After a performance, if it is daytime, it will completely throw you off guard.

Picture2256.jpg

Picture2257.jpg

I love the atrium stairwell

Picture2255.jpg

From above

Picture2315.jpg

Dont jump Andrew! We will cruise again....I promise

Picture2319.jpg

Your choices for omlet toppings. They had mushrooms. They werent on the list.

Picture2268.jpg

This is the omlet station on lido deck outside in the covered area

Picture2267.jpg

Ahhhh, Serenity Deck. We only went here a couple of times. Nice and cushiony and no kids in sight. I was worried that you would be able to hear them at waterworks area since it is just above the area but we never heard a peep.

Picture2272.jpg

Waterworks Area. We never got around to trying out the slides which I am a little sad about.

Picture2274.jpg

The sign said something really complicated but its too blurry to read. Let me know if you can make it out.

Picture2278.jpg

These little recycle bins are everywhere for your trash which is AWESOME! Glass, plastic and aluminum

Picture2279.jpg

Waterworks area overlooking the Serenity Deck

Picture2273.jpg

Here I am, crying on lido deck

Picture2270.jpg

These guys were playing in Cat's Lounge. We never made it there so I cant comment on their performance.

Picture2300.jpg

Me onstage at the Cat's Lounge...

Picture2291.jpg

Yeah, I am onstage but there is nobody there.

I did not do this to him...it was voluntary

Picture2296.jpg

You must really like Tide! (That is a Mitch Hedburg reference for those in the know)

Picture2294.jpg

Giant can of Whiska's

Picture2292.jpg

Giant cans of many things

Picture2203.jpg

Giant Budweiser

Picture2202.jpg

This is the cigar bar the Majestic Lounge. They have very comfy leather couches here.

Picture2297.jpg

Nifty cool vase in the Majestic Lounge. I want a clipper ship tattoo on my back.

Picture2206.jpg

21st Century Bar. We didnt try this one out because it seems so "out in the open" of potential normalcy.

Picture2288.jpg

Go up this stairway and head up to lido. Its glassed in and really an experience on windy days

Picture2289.jpg

I must have a spitting lion for my "un"-garden.

Picture2301.jpg

Note those comfy chaise lounges I referenced early to your left

Picture2285.jpg

This window washer scared the be-jesus outta me

Picture2299.jpg

The many layers of the atrium

Picture2320.jpg

Andrew modeling on the ping pong tables

Picture2321.jpg

Dont forget...

Picture2322.jpg

And now for some views of my fine city

The Ravanel Bridge

Picture2271.jpg

You see why they call this the holy city

Picture2276.jpg

Me with my head between the double diamonds. You should have seen the bridges that used to be there. I feared for my life back in the day.

Picture2275.jpg

Customs House

Picture2277.jpg

Lots of luggage activity

Picture2283.jpg

Edited by All4fun&fun4all
wrong pic

Then, it dawns on me. Wonder if the Owner's Suite is open. I want to see what its like inside. As we rounded the corner there it was and the door was open. There was a maintenance guy inside and we asked if we could look around and he said yes. Andrew also gave him a dollar. We went through here real quick so he wouldnt get in trouble so the quality of shot could be better.

The bar area

Picture2328.jpg

Huge tv

Picture2327.jpg

Bedroom

Picture2326.jpg

Er...um...sink area

Picture2325.jpg

I want a bathtub in my room

Picture2323.jpg

Closet with door that leads to the other owner's suite

Picture2324.jpg

The room was a bit of a mess because it hadnt been cleaned yet but you get the idea. A really sweet room but worth the price? Maybe with a bunch of buddies or something.

Well, I gotta get out of here. Its 5pm and I have to roll out to the gym and home. More tomorrow.

I just read your entire review to date. I loved it so much, I forgot pizza in the oven (burned it :eek:) Than in my rush to get to my computer, I put pepper on it... :confused: :p

Loving your review, makes me want to cruise again even more!

Where are Valor and Elation sailing out of? Just curious because I had a dream I was on a ship the other night and it was the Valor. I had won a free cruise (in my dream). Maybe it will come true. :o

Valor is out of Miami and Elation is out of Mobile. Winning a free cruise would be awesome! For now, me like most others has to save our money for our trips!

OK, must run now to check out the videos you have posted! Dinner can wait!

(horribly addicted to this thread)

Thank you for enjoying it! I wasnt expecting many people to be so interested. I am pleasantly pleased. :o

I dont have a FULL side view of the ship except for one that I took of Fantasy when it was pulling in to Charleston but I was seriously miles away. Sorry about that. I will post it if you want to see it though.

No Problem! Just appreciate what you have done and have found your review and photos so very helpful!

In case you're wondering why I ask about a full side veiw: The only way to get a balcony on Fantasy is to book a suite. Crazy ... but they have a catagory of suites with Obstructed Views. Thinking ... if I saw a full view of the side of the ship, I might be able to tell just how obstructed they are.

Once again ... just extremely happy with what you've posted and thank you so very much for doing it! :)

Thinking ... if I saw a full view of the side of the ship, I might be able to tell just how obstructed they are.

I was in an obstructed view cabin last fall on the Fantasy. This is a picture taken looking out toward the balcony from Verandah Deck, V25 to be exact. The price was right, what can I say!

In this picture, the white metal bars structure is all you see once you have pulled away from the dock, the bars are part of the lifeboat set ups.

The greenish and orange stuff you see is the Port of New Orleans, the Carnival terminal.

Hope this helps!

100_3907.jpg

I was in an obstructed view cabin last fall on the Fantasy. This is a picture taken looking out toward the balcony from Verandah Deck, V25 to be exact. The price was right, what can I say!

In this picture, the white metal bars structure is all you see once you have pulled away from the dock, the bars are part of the lifeboat set ups.

The greenish and orange stuff you see is the Port of New Orleans, the Carnival terminal.

Hope this helps!

100_3907.jpg

Wow! Can't thank you enough for posting this! So much better than I was thinking it might be! :)

:eek: Thought we might be staring directly at a lifeboat!

:D If so, at least in case of a real emergency ... all we would have to do is don our lifejackets and hop right on!

Seriously, thanks so much!

Wow! Can't thank you enough for posting this! So much better than I was thinking it might be! :)

:eek: Thought we might be staring directly at a lifeboat!

:D If so, at least in case of a real emergency ... all we would have to do is don our lifejackets and hop right on!

Seriously, thanks so much!

I have a friend at work that wanted pics of her room (v9) that she is sailing in on in the fall and I snuck in and got pics. It is unobstructed. Pics tomorrow.:D

Thank you for a wonderful review which I just found tonight on CC. I especially liked the Hemmingway House tour in Key West. I am highly allergic to cats and did not do this tour while visiting Key West a few years back. The pics of the house/grounds were terrific. Thanks, now I feel like I actually DID go inside. BTW, you are my type of girl...who knows how to have FUN...Take care and enjoy your summer....Joanne

I love your review :). I just got back from the Fantasy, May 30th sailing (I have a review in my blog, but I haven't gotten to the last sea day yet).

It's really nice because I feel like I'm reliving my cruise looking at your pictures, haha. Especially the food pics... yummy!

Thanks! I am happy you like it! I would love to read your review as well! May I have a linky?

I miss the food so much. My breakfast this morning pales in comparison. Half an egg salad sandwich and some cheesy poofs. :(

I just read your entire review to date. I loved it so much, I forgot pizza in the oven (burned it :eek:) Than in my rush to get to my computer, I put pepper on it... :confused: :p

Loving your review, makes me want to cruise again even more!

Oh noes! Burnt pizza is such a downer. :( The pepper mistake isnt too bad though...unless you over did it.

Thanks for loving it. Re-living it all over again is sorta bittersweet. But I have already started looking for dates to Bermuda next year! Woot woot!

Thank you for a wonderful review which I just found tonight on CC. I especially liked the Hemmingway House tour in Key West. I am highly allergic to cats and did not do this tour while visiting Key West a few years back. The pics of the house/grounds were terrific. Thanks, now I feel like I actually DID go inside. BTW, you are my type of girl...who knows how to have FUN...Take care and enjoy your summer....Joanne

Awww! That touched my heart. I cant imagine being allergic to cats. I have more pictures of the Hemingway house and grounds. Once I get my stupid photobucket account squared away I will give you a link to look at the rest. ;)

Sad to see this end!! Loved this review and it was so funny!!! Wish me and the Dh could cruise with you guys,you know how to have fun:D

Thank you for loving my review! If there's one thing we know how to do properly; it's have fun. We do it everyday! :D

Back to the last day and debarkation. When I left you last we were peeking in at the Owner's Suite. Here is the view from the floor to ceiling windows.

Picture2329.jpg

There is a little balcony on the side.

Here is the view towards the pool on lido

Picture2331.jpg

And the wider view off the side (starboard here) with lifeboat underneath

Picture2332.jpg

A friend of mine at work (Aus-Sea as you know her here on Cruise Critic) is going to be staying in V9 in the fall and I told her that if I could sneak into her future room that I would. We did of course but the room wasnt yet made up. Messy, but you get the idea.

Proof that I went to the right room

Picture2306.jpg

View from the door facing in

Picture2307.jpg

Bed and sofa made into a bed

Picture2308.jpg

The tiniest balcony ever

Picture2309.jpg

View from the balcony through the railing

Picture2310.jpg

From the balcony facing my look-out

Picture2311.jpg

These showers are still bigger than the one at my home

Picture2312.jpg

You know you want to see what the toilet looks like

Picture2313.jpg

Leaving Verandah deck headed towards atrium and lido

Picture2314-1.jpg

Ok, I think we have Aus-Sea covered now and anyone else who wanted to see an unobstructed suite.

More wandering around when we came across this and ran like hell.

Picture2298.jpg

No thank you! One thing I didnt notice that some people talked about were the "stair sitters". Apparently someone on one of these threads came across tons of people just hanging out on stairs. Well, I came across one the entire cruise. Here he is...and No, I didnt spill any tomato juice on him.

Picture2302.jpg

This is the Asst Cruise Director (I think) that we had the smoke break with in Cat's Lounge. Super cool guy and full of energy!

Picture2304.jpg

Picture2305.jpg

We came across this guy who was obviously fishing off his balcony. I asked if he brought his George Forman with him to grill it up.

Picture2303.jpg

We grabbed our luggage from our room and we headed up to lido to wait for our number to be called.

View of the Ravanel Bridge and a lifeboat

Picture2333.jpg

Over the port side of the ship we saw something we hadnt seen before. I guess this is the "waste" barge. It is hooked up to the ship so....

Picture2334.jpg

And if you look closer you can see a guy reading a book. I couldnt zoom any closer to see what book it was but it looked like a "For Dummies" book of some sort. Hopefully not waste management for dummies.

Picture2336.jpg

If you decide you want to play putt putt on the Sport's Deck this is where you need to go...its on lido deck

Picture2337.jpg

Clubs

Picture2338.jpg

We made our way to the smoking side on lido and ran into Buck, Heath and the triplets. We sat here and waited for our number to be called. The ship is so quiet it is SCARY now.

Picture2343.jpg

We noticed this officer and his doggie checking cars after a restroom break

Picture2342.jpg