Vehicles used by tour companines to transport you from the port to Berlin.

rosie#1

We will be going on a Baltic cruise next June and are trying to decide what to do when we stop in Warnemunde. Most of the private tour companies offer group tours with 24-26 people.(Alla, SPB, TJ & Best Guides) Since it is such a long ride we were hoping for a large bus with wifi but it doesn't seem like that is an option.

For anyone that has taken a private tour or ship tour please let me know what kind of vehicle they used and was it comfortable.

Thank you

From Berlinwalks.de this is what they are offering.

Your options

• E class delight: 2 people - your spacious sedan/saloon car (Mercedes E class or similar) plus driver and guide in Berlin
  • S class deluxe: 2 people - your own Mercedes S class plus chauffeur and guide in Berlin
  • Individual small groups regular: up to 6 people - small numbers, great flexibility with your minivan, driver and guide in Berlin
  • Individual small groups special: up to 5 people - like individual small groups regular, but with your very own luxury van (leather seats, more leg room, more class!)
  • Packages for larger groups or travel agents: 8 or more people - customize the day in Berlin for your Baltic cruise groups with 16-seater, 25-seater, or full size coaches

Your day trip in detail

Our chauffeur-driven air-conditioned transport will be waiting for you at the dock; your driver is an experienced professional who will transport you safely and comfortably to and from Berlin. If you arrive in the port of Hamburg, we are also pleased to arrange tickets on the high-speed train link to Berlin and would collect you from the train in Berlin.

a few years ago we did trip to Berlin with SPB tours

there were 12 of us in our group but they put several groups together from Warnemunde for the trip to Berlin on a large 50 seater bus with wifi and air conditioning

once at Berlin they split us into our 3 groups with different transport

1 family group of 4 had a sedan

our group a 12 seater minivan

the larger group of 22 stayed with the big bus

we all met up again at end of day to get that same big bus back

doing it this way meant saved fuel to and from port and so kept costs down

Thank you for the information. I contacted SPB and they said wifi is not available and the bus would have 28 seats. I am guessing the main office in Russia only has standard info for Germany and things change based on how many people they have going that day.

If you want to do a small group tour that you put together using your roll call, I can highly recommend Heather Mae Ellis who we used last week. She will arrange for a van to Ockham you up at the port to drive you to Berlin where she will meet you at the Olympic Stadium. We spent 6 - 6 1/2 hours touring with her & hit all of the highlights of the city. She was an exceptionally good guide, very organized & great with communicating during the planning stages.

Sent from my iPad using Forums