Eurodam to Alaska : We came , we saw , we photographed .

Thanks for the great advice and tips Mic . :cool:

I also put my photos on an external hard drive and keep the SD cards . One lesson that I learned on this trip was that I should have used all new SD cards .

Yes, we have stored them on an external hard drive as well but they do not get seen there until you dig them out.

One thing I sometimes think about is what sort of technology we will be using in 30 years time.

Just in my lifetime we have gone from photos being developed to hard discs, floppy discs, cds, dvds usbs and hard drives.

With sound it was records, cassettes, cds, and now I devices.

You sure packed a lot into your visit to Victoria. Glad you had such nice weather - albeit a bit on the cool side. The Gardens look beautiful - you'll need to come back and see them in the summer some time.

It sure helped having a guide as we covered a lot ground . We would like to come back but we have 3 cruises booked before the year's end ! :cool:

Hi Joe,

Not sure why, but the last photos are not showing.

Starting with Disembarkation day.

I'm not sure why as I can see it on my desk top PC but I'll have Patty check it with her ipad when she returns home . Sometimes when Photobucket is performing maintenance or upgrades it will not show any photos to anyone but just a small icon in it's place.

Hi Joe,

Not sure why, but the last photos are not showing.

Starting with Disembarkation day.

Pat had the same problem and could only see our avatar photos and icons instead of the posted photos . But she logged out went into CC and then browse and popular forums and then HAL - and it worked . We hope this helps and works .

I'm seeing them just fine on my Mac laptop.

That breakfast looks delicious and I LOVE that your last view is of a Princess ship!:D

Thanks Karen , Pat is firing the Mac laptop to try it .

It was great to see an 'old friend' from Ft. Lauderdale , aka the Coral Princess in Victoria and meet a 'new friend ' the Ruby Princess in Seattle . This was our first sighting of the Ruby .

Meanwhile , I have grill duty just now for some dinner . :) :D

Really , I haven't seen one in awhile , mostly cell phones .

They had a table at my son's wedding that had the camera and lots of film. They also had a board with lots of string and pegs so people could put their photos up along with a guest book where people could put the photo in it and write a comment.

Thanks Karen , Pat is firing the Mac laptop to try it .

It was great to see an 'old friend' from Ft. Lauderdale , aka the Coral Princess in Victoria and meet a 'new friend ' the Ruby Princess in Seattle . This was our first sighting of the Ruby .

Meanwhile , I have grill duty just now for some dinner . :) :D

they are working for me. Have a nice dinner.

Hi Joe,

The photos are showing now!

How strange ( and frustrating)

PS

I will be re- reading your Baltic cruise on Eclipse, as we booked Silhouette yesterday for next June. DH has decided that he prefers going from Southampton; no flying involved, so no problems with packing.

Also, we think we got a great deal- a one category upgrade, so we were able to get one of the larger balconies on the 'hump.'

Edited by upwarduk

Back at the port we said goodbye to Daniel who did a great job . We also took some ship photos . The aft is our preferred view and our next cruise on HAL in October will be in the aft .

Your preferred view, and some great next door neighbors! At least, we hope you'll think we are great next door neighbors!

Speaking of the Koningsdam, have you done any thinking about where you want to dive and with who you might want to book with? I know you have another cruise before Kdam to plan for. Sadly we do not, so I'm into planning mode for the Kdam cruise.

These were the cameras that we had in the 60's and 70's . I remember picking up a hot flash bulb when I was a kid - once . And the land camera had an 'instant photo ' .

KodakBrownieFlash_zps13gfs29k.jpg

Polaroid_SX-70_4462345243_zpsjtakyu7x.jpg

What will they think of next ?

I had both of those cameras. I may still have the first one in a box somewhere. I don't think I still have the flash attachment or anything else that went with it, though.

One thing I do with my pictures is make calendars with them. That way they are out and we are enjoying our vacation memories for at least the next year. I have also framed a few of my favorites.

I love your photo of the two funnels on Eurodam! :D

Edited by perfect match

One thing I do with my pictures is make calendars with them. That way they are out and we are enjoying our vacation memories for at least the next year. I have also framed a few of my favorites.

Good idea, the company that does the books also do many other things, I have made some nice photos into the Acrylic boards and photos of the kids and grandkids into a calendar.

Hi Joe,

The photos are showing now!

How strange ( and frustrating)

PS

I will be re- reading your Baltic cruise on Eclipse, as we booked Silhouette yesterday for next June. DH has decided that he prefers going from Southampton; no flying involved, so no problems with packing.

Also, we think we got a great deal- a one category upgrade, so we were able to get one of the larger balconies on the 'hump.'

Happy to hear that everything is working well .

We did enjoy our Baltic cruise from Southamption and it's always nice to leave from your 'home port' , especially when you can get a great cabin , as you have . Cheers ! :) :D

So sorry to hear about the high rise fire , it seems like London is really been put through the ringer this year . :(

Back at the port we said goodbye to Daniel who did a great job . We also took some ship photos . The aft is our preferred view and our next cruise on HAL in October will be in the aft .

Your preferred view, and some great next door neighbors! At least, we hope you'll think we are great next door neighbors!

Speaking of the Koningsdam, have you done any thinking about where you want to dive and with who you might want to book with? I know you have another cruise before Kdam to plan for. Sadly we do not, so I'm into planning mode for the Kdam cruise.

I had both of those cameras. I may still have the first one in a box somewhere. I don't think I still have the flash attachment or anything else that went with it, though.

I love your photo of the two funnels on Eurodam! :D

Hello Nancy , it's great to hear from you . We've been kinda busy with doctors and grandsons and haven't even had time to look at our Harmony of the Sea cruise in July so we're way behind . We are considering jumping ship in Cozumel , our last port , and staying of few extra days there and catching up on some diving with Tyler . He will have a high school orientation when we return so we're in the controlled chaos mode currently until the boys return to school in August .

We're sure that you and Mister B will be great neighbors and we do look forward to the Koningdam cruise and diving the Southern Caribbean . :cool:

Our last view of the Ruby from our suite veranda

DSC01780_zpsrezfbkir.jpg

And from the transporter room of the E dam , "Prepare to beam one down , Scotty " .

83c32ff3-74fc-483a-8315-db7f646bfbb7_zpszh3ami9b.jpg

Since we were staying another day in Seattle , and we heard that there was express line for suites , we thought that we would wait awhile instead of leaving first . BIG mistake . There was no express line or Global 1 line .

DSC01810_zpssh73bp6j.jpg

And there was also a line for a taxi .

DSC01813_zpsr7stybsn.jpg

It was nice to be back at the terrific Pan Pacific

DSC01887_zps1n12uq59.jpg

DSC01818_zpsl2djahgp.jpg

Thanks for the great pictures of your Alaskan trip. I lived there back in the early 70s and seeing your pictures reminded me of lots of great times. We are sailing on the Zuiderdamn in November and are booked in a Neptune Suite, so seeing your on board pictures and menus and so forth really helped her feel more comfortable and actually get a bit excited.

We can not hope to enjoy our trip as much.

Thanks for the great pictures of your Alaskan trip. I lived there back in the early 70s and seeing your pictures reminded me of lots of great times. We are sailing on the Zuiderdamn in November and are booked in a Neptune Suite, so seeing your on board pictures and menus and so forth really helped her feel more comfortable and actually get a bit excited.

We can not hope to enjoy our trip as much.

You're welcome , it must have been nice to have lived there then .

We really did enjoy our Neptune experience ( but we're still paying for it and our next cruise ) , and we would like to do again on the K dam in October . But our budget will not allow it !