Alcohol Drink Cards

Crockett Man

Does anyone know if they have alcohol drink cards on Princess? I can't seem to remember if it was them or RCCL that has them.

RCCL used to have them, but discontinued them - though I've heard they may be re-introducing them now.

I'm not sure about Princess, though - we're scheduled to be on our first cruise with them in two weeks! :D

No drink card on Princess but you can take your own wine and champagne aboard. There is a corkage fee of $10 in the dining room. Did this in January on the Hawaii cruise and it was great. Even with corkage you pay much less than on board.

Beware the soda cards. On the trip to Hawaii it was very difficult to get a server to serve you once they knew you had a card. Often, they would take the order and then disappear never to return.

Put me down for one of those! I'm thinking lots and lots of fru fru drinks.:)

Unfortunately, Princess does not offer this kind of card at this time. I feel sure if they offered it in the past, they couldn't explain all those people simply sliding off the ship unexpectantly and had to stop the practice. LOL. Just thinking...

On embarkation day, they will have wine package displays at the dining rooms. In short, you get 7 bottles at a discounted price. There is is a mix of wine styles. I cannot recall the price, but I think is is on the order of $75 plus the 15%. Perhaps others can recall the precise price or the list of wine choices.

When you show up for dinner, you order your wine from the preselected list. If you want two bottles on a given nght that's fine. Anything left over can be saved for another night. Any unopened bottles can be taken home. You can have bottles sent to your room as well.

I short, if you like the selection it is a good deal.

I have been on 4 Princess cruises in the last 15 months. Never saw anything about 7 bottles of wine for $75. They do have special packages for purchase, but they are for 4 bottles for about $200 or $250 (they are very good wines, and would be more expensive bought individually). They are also not for consumption aboard the ship--they are delivered to your cabin on the last day for you to take home. Princess' wine prices seem to me to be very good, but I don't think they have anything approaching $10/bottle.

The only card I am aware of for alcoholic drinks is the bar hoppers card. You get it stamped when you buy a drink at each bar. If you get it stamped by all the ship's bars, you get a prize (I think it is a t-shirt).

Don't recall the details, but as has been discussed in other threads, there's a drink-of-the-day sticker one can get for their cruise card. IIRC, when one purchases one in the souvenir glass, you can then get a sticker applied to your cruise card so that future drinks-of-the-day are at a lower price.

~Paul

Archived