Can you take your bike on the ship?

wood07

We are travelling out of Southampton on the Eclipse in August and are keen cyclists. Does anyone know if Celebrity allow you to take your own bikes on board? We figured it would be a great way to burn off the excess calories from all the food and a good way to explore the ports of call.

We are travelling out of Southampton on the Eclipse in August and are keen cyclists. Does anyone know if Celebrity allow you to take your own bikes on board? We figured it would be a great way to burn off the excess calories from all the food and a good way to explore the ports of call.

Ooooohh.... great question! Please come back here and post if/when you get an answer?

That's a good question and I will ask my TA to look into. I do know that some crew members use their bikes in ports. About the only thing I miss while on a cruise is cycling.

My TA just checked. You may on Celebrity but not on RCCL. Bikes must be stored in stateroom.

You will need a pretty big cabin to store the bikes. On one Summit cruise, a family had three bikes and thought they could keep them in the elevator lobby, but they sure got upset when they realized they had to be kept in their cabin.

You will need a pretty big cabin to store the bikes. On one Summit cruise, a family had three bikes and thought they could keep them in the elevator lobby, but they sure got upset when they realized they had to be kept in their cabin.

OMG- I would say you've got to be kidding but some people are just plain ignorant. Sure, I want to pay alot of money to cruise on an upscale cruiseline like Celebrity and trip over bikes on the way to the elevator. Personally, I am not too thrilled about the 'keep it in the cabin' alternative either. That means they need to be trapsed through the hallways back and forth. Ugh! Can't they keep them in a store room somewhere? If they can do that - more power to all you athletic folks. Have a great ride.

Hi--Yes you can--My wife and I sailed out of Dover on the Connie--We rode through most of the ports in Scandinavia--We have Bike Fridays--High perfomance folding bikes--They must be kept in your cabin--we kept them on our balcony--they fold and dissasemble and the suitcase was stored under the bed--We disembarked late so we would not disturb the other passengers--If Stockholm is a port --Because of tides etc the ship usually anchors anhour past --then tenders--and busses in--Did not take our bikes.--good luck

Archived