shareholders OBC

mrsihopes

Just booked one of the special sales they have going on to Mexico leaving Oct 21st. I own stock and it stated it needs to be faxed in at least 14 days in advance. I am going to fax mine in on Monday and call them right away. Has anyone tried to get their obc this late for their cruise and if so what was the outcome...

Hi i purchased 100 shares on wednesday of last week, emailed confirmation to or travel agent and asked him to forward to princess...our departure is 10/26 and ,like you, i was concerned...our TA called me back and said i was all set and it had been posted on my cruise personalizer the next day...i was VERY impressed.

as others have said, i am taking a copy of the credit on the ship with us...

G'day

We bought 100 Carnival Shares when we got back from our Arcadia J301 World earlier this year

One of our Table Mates, Felicity, had bought these and told us what great benefit she had got from the shares

I noticed that I got about $25 deposited to my bank account last week - a pleasing Share Dividend so if I can also get $50 on-board credit for our upcoming Dawn Princess D321 Melbourne - Tasmania pre-Christmas treat I will be more than happy!

I have sent off for my current date Share Certificate with plenty of time up our sleeves

Cheers

Kristine

G'day

I noticed that I got about $25 deposited to my bank account last week - a pleasing Share Dividend so if I can also get $50 on-board credit for our upcoming Dawn Princess D321 Melbourne - Tasmania pre-Christmas treat I will be more than happy!

I have sent off for my current date Share Certificate with plenty of time up our sleeves

Cheers

Kristine

G'day. We are on this cruise too. November 15? I emailed my docs and received a response back a week later and OBC is now showing.

Hello Pushka

No, what a pity - December 15th, returning to Melbourne December 21st!

Looking forward to a full day in Hobart, and visiting MONA for a few hours

Apart from any other factor, I think the cruise lines should be encouraged to have Tasmania on their itineraries, and be supported by Australians putting their money where their mouth is! New Zealand, beautiful though it may be, gets a huge amount of Australian tourist dollars each year (including some of ours earlier this year) and The Apple Isle is outstandingly beautiful and well worth a visit

To be able to visit Tasmania by full size ocean liner is amazing and long overdue and a treat not to be missed!

And thanks for the confirmation, Pushka, that OBC will be / has been honoured by Carnival for this particular cruise.

Cheers

Kristine

Just booked one of the special sales they have going on to Mexico leaving Oct 21st. I own stock and it stated it needs to be faxed in at least 14 days in advance. I am going to fax mine in on Monday and call them right away. Has anyone tried to get their obc this late for their cruise and if so what was the outcome...

Please let us know how you make out.

G'day

We bought 100 Carnival Shares when we got back from our Arcadia J301 World earlier this year

One of our Table Mates, Felicity, had bought these and told us what great benefit she had got from the shares

Cheers

Kristine

Hi Kristine,

We are looking at buying 100 shares before our cruise next March.

I see you are in Australia too. If you don't mind, could you please tell me who you purchased yours through. I was looking at etrade (I think it was) and they will do the deal if we fill out a foreign trade and tax form for the US, but seem to want to charge a "holding fee" and wasn't sure if this was normal practice or just a way for them to raise revenue. The share price is "good" for buying at present. I'd appreciate your comments, thanks, Rob:)

6 days or less $50.00

7 to 13 days $100.00

14 or longer $250.00

Yes it is a great idea to buy 100 shares.

But remember, only one shareholders obc per stateroom.

So, if both occupants of the stateroom own 100 shares each, you do not get two lots of shareholders obc.

I'm in Australia too. All I needed to do was complete the International Shares purchase account (once I had the ETrade account) and BPay the money into my account and execute the trade.

I haven't been charged a holding fee nor needed to complete any USA tax forms.

There is a good thread about this on the Australian and New Zealand boards.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1673928#

I'm in Australia too. All I needed to do was complete the International Shares purchase account (once I had the ETrade account) and BPay the money into my account and execute the trade.

I haven't been charged a holding fee nor needed to complete any USA tax forms.

There is a good thread about this on the Australian and New Zealand boards.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1673928#

Thanks for your reply - I'm heading off there now :D

G’Day

Here is how I bought my shares:

Logged in to my usual ANZ banking, clicked through to E*Trade (top right hand Menu) and registered a trading account

Watched the ‘how to’ videos, downloaded & printed the Global Trading Identification pages, had my ID witnessed and posted off to E*Trade

Received notification from E*Trade that I was registered for Global Trading, transferred the required money into my ANZ account which is linked through to E*Trade

Logged in a ‘Buy’ order for 100 shares at $x, The shares were rising but dropped at close of business the next day to my buy order amount and the shares were purchased automatically for me when the buy price matched my order. I was charged the standard broking fee which was less than $100 per trade to buy Global shares.

So far, I have:

• Received interest paid on the remaining cash balance of the ANZ account
  • Received Dividend from Carnival paid directly to my ANZ account
  • Received my Princess On Board AUD$ Credit to My Princess Account today (click here to download Shareholders Benefit pdf) except that it was credited to Mike’s account and not mine!! Ah, well, he will just have to buy me some Bombay Gin for his sins!!

What didn’t happen was:

• I purchased through E*Trade on the New York Stock Exchange. I am an International Investor and I did not have to provide an American Tax File Number
  • I do not have to pay an ‘holding’ or other fees. I have not taken options, I have bought the shares and fully paid for them

The whole E*Trade process was all very sophisticated and convenient. Couldn’t have been easier. I understand that most Australian banks offer E*Trade or similar stock broking facilities, such as CommSec through CBA.

Woo hoo! Tasmania, here we come!

If the CCL hyperlink above doesn’t work, try this: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

And for anyone travelling on Dawn Princess D321 Melbourne / Hobart December, 15th, please say hello over at this thread as we are getting a bit lonely over there!!! It would be great to be able to manage a Roll Call Meet & Greet!! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=40246553#post40246553

Cheers

Kristine

G’Day

Here is how I bought my shares:

Logged in to my usual ANZ banking, clicked through to E*Trade (top right hand Menu) and registered a trading account

Watched the ‘how to’ videos, downloaded & printed the Global Trading Identification pages, had my ID witnessed and posted off to E*Trade

Received notification from E*Trade that I was registered for Global Trading, transferred the required money into my ANZ account which is linked through to E*Trade

Logged in a ‘Buy’ order for 100 shares at $x, The shares were rising but dropped at close of business the next day to my buy order amount and the shares were purchased automatically for me when the buy price matched my order. I was charged the standard broking fee which was less than $100 per trade to buy Global shares.

So far, I have:

• Received interest paid on the remaining cash balance of the ANZ account
  • Received Dividend from Carnival paid directly to my ANZ account
  • Received my Princess On Board AUD$ Credit to My Princess Account today (click here to download Shareholders Benefit pdf) except that it was credited to Mike’s account and not mine!! Ah, well, he will just have to buy me some Bombay Gin for his sins!!

What didn’t happen was:

• I purchased through E*Trade on the New York Stock Exchange. I am an International Investor and I did not have to provide an American Tax File Number
  • I do not have to pay an ‘holding’ or other fees. I have not taken options, I have bought the shares and fully paid for them

The whole E*Trade process was all very sophisticated and convenient. Couldn’t have been easier. I understand that most Australian banks offer E*Trade or similar stock broking facilities, such as CommSec through CBA.

Woo hoo! Tasmania, here we come!

If the CCL hyperlink above doesn’t work, try this: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

And for anyone travelling on Dawn Princess D321 Melbourne / Hobart December, 15th, please say hello over at this thread as we are getting a bit lonely over there!!! It would be great to be able to manage a Roll Call Meet & Greet!! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=40246553#post40246553

Cheers

Kristine

Thanks Kristine,

that's kind of what I was looking for. I think I'm on the right track with St George Bank who also use ETrade for the Global Share dealings, as my account is active and I'm waiting for International trading to be activated.

I'm waiting on an email from them confirming the fees as I got very confused with their web site as it states:

"Custody Fee

As we are charged fees from our custodian, we may charge you a custody fee of 0.10% p.a. for international shares held through the service. The custody fee will be calculated and charged based on the market value of your international portfolio at the end of each month. For example; an international share portfolio valued at $50,000 will incur a fee of around $4 for the month. However, if you place one or more international trades within the month, the fee will be waived.

Foreign currency exchange rate

We may charge up to 0.6% of the foreign currency exchange rate applicable to the international trade, as our fee for undertaking the foreign currency exchange.

Transfers

The fee for transfers of certificated holdings into the Global Shares Service is $50 per certificate. Electronic transfers into the Global Shares Service are $10 per shareholding. The fee for outgoing transfers to either another custodian or direct registration to client is $100 per shareholding."

So it looks like it will cost an extra $100 to transfer them to my name, or have to pay the custody fee per month.:confused:

I suppose it will be worth it in the long run as we intend to keep them long term - it's a good excuse to cruise at least once a year :D

Share price is still fairly low @ around $32 so it seems a good time to buy.

Cheers, Rob

Hi Rob

I can't recall being charged any Custody Fee or any Exchange Rate processing fee

Perhaps you could open E*TRADE account with ANZ ... or at least, explore how ANZ provide their service?

I am, by trade, a mortgage broker and I know only too well that the same product from a wholesale funder can look like a camel (horse designed by a committee!) by the time the product is retailed out through different brands, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if the retailing of E*TRADE is quite different between the different retailers

It took me quite a lot of time to find a facility which dealt with Carnival Shares in Australia, as CCL is not on the ASX

I actually wrote to Carnival and to Computershare and to E*TRADE and to a number of other brokers and trading facilities. E*TRADE wrote back that they could handle the trade for me and I was quite happy with service both in the setting up of the trading account and any questions I have had since then they phone me and / or email me a reply within a few days

I also bank with St George but it if came down to paying holding fees and exchange rates etc when ANZ actually pay me interest on the linked bank account .... is there really any contest?

Cheers

Kristine

I'm with ETrade too and like Kristine, have paid no other fees except for the original brokerage for the Buy order which was something like $60?

The most "difficult" part of the process was getting the International trading account. Which was more time consuming than difficult.

Dividends are deposited directly into your account with ANZ.

Archived