Concierge cabin perk

LHT28

So we are in a concierge cabin deck 9

it says you get unlimited access to the spa deck

Do you just walk right out there or is their a door where you use your key card or do you check in at the spa desk for access?

This is a new perk for us

Thanks

Lyn

Do you just walk right out there or is their a door where you use your key card or do you check in at the spa desk for access?

Thanks

Lyn

I don't believe there was a key-card operated door when we were there (Oct 2011). We did "check-in" at the spa desk to make sure we weren't "trespassing".. ;)

But things may have changed as I had read recently that the previously freely available concierge lounge now requires card-access...

Lyn, when on Marina in fall 2011, there was no key card door to the spa; you could just walk right in and speak w/ staff at the spa desk. Anyone going into the spa areas must pass by the desk after entering. I don't know if the access door was changed during Marina's recent retrofit.

I always checked in at the desk when entering the spa area, to give them my key card and get a locker key. The card-surrender process seemed to be the norm for anyone using the facility, so the spa staff know which guests have checked in for appointments or otherwise are on the premises.

Thanks for the replies

i did read that Concierge lounge you could swipe your card to end & then I read that it was not locked

Guess I will find out in March

As for the Spa are are you saying you have to give them your room key until you leave the area???

Lyn

We recently were in Concierge on Riviera. No key card needed to access the spa terrace. You pass though the entrance of Canyon Ranch and just walk to exit doors at back. We didn't even check in with the front desk. The spa terrace is very pleasant and a nice refuge from the regular pool area. We used the clam shell beds and T-pool quite often. We also availed of the heated ceramic loungers inside the spa once, though I'm not sure if they are a perk of Concierge. The door was open so we just went in and enjoyed!

Thanks

Seems the rules of access are inconsistent or not followed;)

if anyone can walk in then it is not a perk for some categories of cabins but I will enjoy the amenities anyway

we do not sit in the sun too long but the t-pool looks inviting

Lyn

We walked out there and had a look, but it was too hot and sunny for our taste, so we did not remain. We were in Concierge, but as you pass through the Canyon Ranch spa, no one pays any attention to you, so anyone can walk through and presumably on to the private deck. I think that all passengers have access to the heated tile beds.

On another note, I am not sure if I would pay for concierge level again. Our cabin was directly across from the concierge lounge so it was convenient to get coffee in the morning. It was also nice to be able to make specialty restaurant reservations 45 days before the cruise. However the concierge was unable to help obtain or change restaurant reservations, we had no interest in the spa deck and pool, and everyone was able to board pretty much at the same time and all cabins were announced available earlier than advertised. As others have said, if your cabin was located aft, away from the concierge lounge, it would not be convenient to use the lounge. $800 is a lot to pay for having a coffee machine nearby.

Also, we never used room service, so having a hot breakfast delivered to the cabin, or not, is also a non-issue for us.

Thanks

Seems the rules of access are inconsistent or not followed;)

if anyone can walk in then it is not a perk for some categories of cabins but I will enjoy the amenities anyway

we do not sit in the sun too long but the t-pool looks inviting

Lyn

We just walked right in and wait until you try the T pool.

There did seem to be staff members watching the coming and goings at the spa on Riviera in October 2012.

When I entered I was greeted and asked if I had an appt, needed a tour, or "how can I be of assistance" on differing occasions.

I did show my suite card and was given a nice tour. I later booked an appt after being made aware of a discount on services the next day.

I felt as though. . . . . without a "police mentality" the staff was over-seeing access to the spa area.

I for one would not "sneek" into an area I did not have access to. The spa deck is one of our favorite spots because on our two cruises it has never been crowded. I do wish they had more than one spa butler on duty. There was never anyone around when my Perrier was empty;)

You've probably received more responses than you'd like, but here's mine to add. There is a key-card system(we just got off the Marina a few days ago) that we used most of the time. Sometimes(twice) the door was unlocked and system wasn't connected. So...you'll have it both ways. We had the bali beds and pool to ourselves much of time. Enjoy!

Thanks

Lyn

You've probably received more responses than you'd like, but here's mine to add. There is a key-card system(we just got off the Marina a few days ago) that we used most of the time. Sometimes(twice) the door was unlocked and system wasn't connected. So...you'll have it both ways. We had the bali beds and pool to ourselves much of time. Enjoy!

Thanks

I guess we will see in March what the system is then ;)

We do not stay in the sun very long but a quick dip in the T-pool sounds good on a hot day

Lyn

Archived