Long Beach check-in

goldencruiser

I would recommend using the early check-in at the Queen Mary. For this you need to be at the early check-in area between 9 am and 12 pm. Warning: sometimes they close a little before 12. At the early check-in, you so your passport or bc, sign all docs and receive you s/s card. You line up in separate lines. Hopefully Margarita (carnival rep) will be handling the lines because she is most helpful. Then when they start to board around (usually about 12:30) the pre- boarders go in before all general boarding and you bypass the lines inside. You go through security, have you picture taken that they will sell to you later, have your picture taken for id purposes, and then you are on the ship.Here is a link to some pictures of the embarkation process. http://community.webshots.com/album/150098631ovJTAu

Hi,

What time should we check in at the Queen Mary for the Carnival Pride? We are scheduled to leave on Oct 31 and would love any help we could get.

Thanks

My DH and I, and 16 of our closest friends (no kidding), are also sailing on the Pride on Halloween. We are celebrating 3 50th birthdays, 1 25th wedding anniversary, and "being with good friends". We are thinking of arriving in costume. We are going to arrive about 10:00 to 10:30 and "do" the Queen Mary check in. Hope to see you on board.

We were on Pride 8/29 and us and Cruisenmom were there so early - like 8:45. The porters didn't take our luggage until 9 and then we proceeded to the QM. Cruisenmom was first and we were second to sign in. Margarita also helped us a lot - watch as everyone starts lining up at the terminal and stay to the left. The wedding parties go on first, then the disabled, then us. We were on by 12:30. The "left line" gets really long so be there early. Have fun - the Pride was so much fun. We miss it.

• 2 months later...

I would like some clarification: We are sailing on the Pride 12/26. We are not staying on the QM. Can we still check-in early at the QM on the 26th? We will be in LA for two days prior to sailing so it is possible for us to check in anytime. If we do check-in early to the Queen Mary, do we have our luggage dropped off with us or at the ship?

All passengers have the option of doing early check-in at the QM. I live locally so I do not stay in a hotel and I have used the early check-in. This can only be done the morning of your cruise. Your luggage must be dropped off with the porters over by the parking structure. You can do this either before or after the early check-in at the QM.

Here is a link to some pictures that I took of the check-in area at the QM and the Carnival terminal.

http://community.webshots.com/album/150098631ovJTAu

kajsb,

We will be having family dropping us off for our cruise in March on the Pride. I know we have to drop off the luggage with the porters first, but where will the porters be in the parking structure and are there signs that say "porters" or "drop off luggage here!!"? Also, where would be the best place for them to drop us off? Inside the garage or outside the garage? Do you drive or walk to the QM early check in? If we can walk (which I prefer) how far a walk is it? We will have our two young kids with us.

Thanks,

ciship

Ciship

The early checkin is at the back of the QM, which is next to the terminal. It is only a short walk,less than a block, from the baggage drop area to the checkin and een less to the line to get on Pride. We checked our luggage, walked to the QM and were back in less than 15 min, but we were early, around 9:45. When the line started forming, it was about another hour until they opened the gates and then only about another 15 minutes to get on.

We just returned from the Pride - every three weeks or so, there is a major immigration check for the staff on the ship, which delays embarkation. We got there early, per the recommendations we read about here at Cruise Critic, and although check-in went smoothly on the Queen Mary, we waited in line until 2:30. We decided to take the tour offered on the Queen Mary, and didn't go into the line to board the ship until 12:30. But waiting in line for 2 hours was a pain, to say the least.

We were on the November 21, 2004 sailing (over Thanksgiving) and the remarks I heard from staff was how smoothly everything went from their perspective. I had read that this immigration check takes place every so often, so it didn't come as a surprise to us. Because we checked in so early, we were among the first group to get on the ship. Others were NOT so lucky. We spoke to many people who arrived at the port around 11am only to wait in never ending lines inside the terminal. One couple we spoke to who arrived at 11:30 didn't board the ship until well after 5pm!

So, yes, it pays to check in early. But if the week you sail is the crew's immigration check, just be prepared to wait a while in line. We had awesome weather, a little on the cool side. There were kiosks selling bloody mary's and screwdrivers as well as food near by. I can't imagine what it must be like in the rain or in the heat!

Good luck.

OMG Bloody Marys, Screwdrivers, food near by, early check in, luggage porters, wedding parties, fast lines for early check in.... I am going into sensory over load with only 19 days to go. I will have trouble sleeping from here on out. We are staying in the QM on Jan 1, 2005 and leaving on the 2nd.

How is parking? does the parking garage fill quickly? We will be driving down from Bakersfield and just want to make sure that we have a place to park etc etc etc... this is gonna rock. and to think I was excited about our 25th wedding anniversary (on the 3rd of Jan.)

We are staying in the QM on Jan 1, 2005 and leaving on the 2nd.

Please give a review of the Queen Mary.

Parking Rates

from

http://www.queenmary.com/html/attractions.php4?section=parkingrates

We stayed one night

from

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g32648-d77621-r1687982-Hotel_Queen_Mary-Long_Beach_California.cink_html

Archived