Allure of the Seas 2-in-1 Photo Review ~ October 12 & November 9, 2014

Cupcrazy

Thanks again for your great review. I look forward to the next installment! I'll definitely be looking for G-Nome in January. Thank you for the Cafe Promenade menu pictures! I have the Ultimate Beverage package for my upcoming cruise and although I'm not a big fan of coffee I'm dying to give some of them a try! They sound soooo good!

Do you remember if you heard or read anything about a Sushi making class in Izumi? I've heard it mentioned in a couple reviews but I've never seen anything listed in the cruise compasses I've read.

Thanks!

Thanks for following along! We have reservations at Izumi for dinner 1 night so I'll ask and find out about sushi making classes then report back here.

Well, that's it for the first review. Thanks to everyone for reading and following along. I am back on Allure this Sunday and will be posting that review on this same thread upon my return. I don't fly out until Saturday morning so, if you have any questions or anything you want me to checkout for you while on the ship please let me know.

thanks2050.gif

Hey Nate! Great review...looking forward to reading your next one. Hope you have a great sailing.

While on board can you please look into something for me? I'm booked to be on Allure next April and would like to attend the Prohibition Party that is usually held on Night 5. Upon trying to book this event through the Cruise Planner, I've found that it's scheduled to be held at 3 pm the day we're in St Maarten. This seems like a very strange time to hold a Prohibition themed party if you ask me. Can you see what time the party is being held during your sailing?

Thanks!

The Prohibition Party was at 10pm on our cruise. Our itinerary was weird because we were supposed to go Eastern but because of the hurricane we went Western so it was the same night as The Quest! Hope that helps. It definitely is not in the afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Panoramic of the port. Disney Fantasy was with us.

14971909173_2807f1ee64_h.jpg

15407092838_152c05ea2e_c.jpg

15407579380_2268c951e1_c.jpg

The Aqua Duck. I want to go on Disney just so I can ride this thing

15569504526_2e39c4d522_c.jpg

15569505866_4d90ccf2b2_c.jpg

Thanks for your review and pictures...totally enjoyed your report...

The Aqua Duck....rode it...it really is fun....

:)

Just chatted with Cupcrazy and you will be happy to know he is safe and sound enjoying a roast beef @ park cafe. He is very busy gathering new material for part two. I hope he brought his camera charger.

Let The Party Begin

Thanks for the pictures!! We are so excited to be sailing on the allure on February 1, 2015. Do you know if you can make reservations for Rita's Cantina for dinner? I'm not seeing it come up on the RC website

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Rita's cantina is a just show up kind of place. Rare that there is ever a wait. No reservations needed or taken. There is Rita's fiesta which is one night and you can get that on board.

Let The Party Begin

Edited by skillet

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Nate! Great review...looking forward to reading your next one. Hope you have a great sailing.

While on board can you please look into something for me? I'm booked to be on Allure next April and would like to attend the Prohibition Party that is usually held on Night 5. Upon trying to book this event through the Cruise Planner, I've found that it's scheduled to be held at 3 pm the day we're in St Maarten. This seems like a very strange time to hold a Prohibition themed party if you ask me. Can you see what time the party is being held during your sailing?

Thanks!

The Prohibition party was held in the evening in Jazz on 4. It was again the same night as The Quest. I'm not sure why it would be in the planner at 3pm.

What a great review! Just finished your part 1 as you head off for part 2. I have two weeks to go until I am onboard and my family can not wait. Have a great second time onboard and can't wait to read about your upcoming adventures.

Barb

Thanks Barb! I was originally booked on your cruise bu switched to the Nov 9 sailing. You're going to have a great time!

Thanks for the pictures!! We are so excited to be sailing on the allure on February 1, 2015. Do you know if you can make reservations for Rita's Cantina for dinner? I'm not seeing it come up on the RC website

There are no reservations for Rita's. Just show up. They do have Rita's Fiesta which is a party with food & drinks. I've never done it but I believe you can reserve a sport for that.

Thanks again for your great review. I look forward to the next installment! I'll definitely be looking for G-Nome in January. Thank you for the Cafe Promenade menu pictures! I have the Ultimate Beverage package for my upcoming cruise and although I'm not a big fan of coffee I'm dying to give some of them a try! They sound soooo good!

Do you remember if you heard or read anything about a Sushi making class in Izumi? I've heard it mentioned in a couple reviews but I've never seen anything listed in the cruise compasses I've read.

Thanks!

I am very sorry but I forgot to ask about the sushi making classes. I looked through the Compass but never saw anything about these classes. I'm going to post the Compass' from this trip. If you want to go through them when posted maybe I missed something.

I am very sorry but I forgot to ask about the sushi making classes. I looked through the Compass but never saw anything about these classes. I'm going to post the Compass' from this trip. If you want to go through them when posted maybe I missed something.

No problem! We will most likely just ask at Izumi once we get onboard.

Looking forward to this next half of your review!

Trip 2 – November 9, 2014

For those who haven't been following along, this is my second time on Allure in a month. Unlike the first trip, there was no hurricane this time and we were able to sail the normal Eastern Caribbean route (Nassau, St. Thomas & St. Maarten).

On this trip we had 15 people, including 2 under 3 years old, in 8 side by side mid-ship ocean view balcony cabins on deck 11.

On this trip I took over 1200 pictures and will post most of them here. This was another great trip and even though it rained the first 3 days, I still came home with a pretty sweet tan. The ship, ports & people were fantastic. In Nassau & St. Thomas we spent the days at the beach while in St. Maarten I did an ATV excursion.

The only negative (not a really big one) I can currently think of was my room steward. Gailene wasn't very good. 3 times she didn't leave us Compass' in the evening and I only saw her 3 times throughout the 7 days. Our 8 cabins were split between 2 stewards and if someone didn't tell me, I would have thought mine was Sheldon. He was really nice and would always say hi and give high fives as I walked down the hall. On all of my past cruises my room steward went out of his/her way to introduce themselves. This time it seemed like Gailene went out of her way to not do that. If this is the worst thing that happens on a vacation, it was a good vacation.

GNOME Update: One of the first things I did when I got on board was check to see if GNOME was where we last left him. Unfortunately it looks like the crew found and removed him. I was pretty disappointed but we had a feeling he would be gone. It was fun while it lasted.

Onward with the day by day report...

We flew from Toronto to Ft. Lauderdale Saturday (day before the cruise). We always fly early because you never know what kind of travel problems you might come across. Our flight left at 7:40am which meant a really long day having to be at the airport by 5am.

My niece Caleigh waiting to board the plane

15817419141_95963e3727_c.jpg

15633894848_475321ff81_c.jpg

15820866032_c61c47cb08_c.jpg

We have lift off

15199341454_070db61893_c.jpg

15634453470_6390e3c2b3_c.jpg

15199339514_2440e41fa7_c.jpg

After landing at terminal 1 we walked through the airport to the car rental terminal. We rented 2 cars from Hertz. I got a Jeep Grand Cherokee & my brother got a Dodge Caravan for his family.

15199332214_05b6a7aee0_c.jpg

15817403481_6818125a4d_c.jpg

We stayed at the Marriott SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port. The location of the hotel is great. It's less than a 10 minute drive from both the airport & port everglades and 20 minutes from Sawgrass. The hotel serves a free breakfast with eggs, sausage, fresh waffles, bagels/bread, cereal yogurt fruit and more. The hotel also has a pool & exercise room. There is also a free shuttle offered to Port Everglades. There is a signup sheet in the lobby.

springhill-suites-by-marriott-fort-lauderdale-airport-map.gif

I forgot to take a picture of the beds in the room.

15199312354_0c90f76611_c.jpg

15633459249_291c529d08_c.jpg

15819283115_450817f7b4_c.jpg