Allure of the Seas 2-in-1 Photo Review ~ October 12 & November 9, 2014

Cupcrazy

While Michelle & I were swimming with dolphins everyone else in our group did the Discover Scuba Diving - CZ36 excursion. This is a great chance for someone who has never tried scuba before to give it a shot. After speaking to everyone who went on this excursion they said it was fantastic. You are given thorough instructions from certified divers. For their group of 6 2 certified divers were with them the entire time. The best thing about this excursion for beginners is you enter the water from the beach instead of jumping off a boat. The beginners said that made them feel so much more at ease about getting in the water. They take you in the water slowly and make sure you can breath underwater before going all the way in. There is a lot of "hand holding" until they felt comfortable enough to actually scuba. The instructors were constantly making sure everyone was good. 2 people in the group were already certified divers and they said it was still fun. Because this is for non certified divers the maximum depth you go is 25 feet.

15569074076_45b2dd6de7_c.jpg

15406759427_0952d24b97_c.jpg

15561873616_7729061ccb_z.jpg

15399431858_7729061ccb_z.jpg

What a great review, thank you, love your sense of humor, and there are a few pictures that I will not forget.

Thanks Christine! I'm happy you're enjoying it. I think there are a couple pictures none of us can ever erase from our memories...

OMG, Cupcrazy, I haven't ever laughed so hard at a review, and I don't know any of these people! Well done, well done.

I do have to admit you gave me a start...

I've been reading your review on my phone. The pics tend to load slower than the writing, so I can see the caption earlier than I can see the accompanying photo. The app also seems to remember the last post that was read, so when I open the app again, it points me to the right place.

Stay with me here.

Now, the last posts I thought I read on my phone were the ones about Quest.

So you can imagine my surprise when I read the start of the first post that popped up when I opened the Cruise Critic app:

Those are some sweet afts

!!

And ... PS - you owe us the bleach that's going to take to erase the image of that no-pants guy on the balcony from our memories. Yech! LOL!

Pan Seared Fillet of Sole

15591869681_386e53b30f_c.jpg

Aged Manhattan Strip Steak

15595366632_ee4c8707e9_c.jpg

Pork

15595364522_16bb3752ea_c.jpg

Warm Chocolate Cake (Nothing like Carnival's)

15595359662_cb213f942f_c.jpg

Low Fat Panna Cotta

15408524367_37392e0af9_c.jpg

The first night I asked for vanilla ice cream with the caramelized bananas from the Crème Brûlée. They kept bringing me both ice cream and Crème brûlée. Finally our waiter figured out what I was asking for. Ice cream & caramelized bananas. Soooooo good!!

14973784494_1c5dfc6e3f_c.jpg

OMG, Cupcrazy, I haven't ever laughed so hard at a review, and I don't know any of these people! Well done, well done.

I do have to admit you gave me a start...

I've been reading your review on my phone. The pics tend to load slower than the writing, so I can see the caption earlier than I can see the accompanying photo. The app also seems to remember the last post that was read, so when I open the app again, it points me to the right place.

Stay with me here.

Now, the last posts I thought I read on my phone were the ones about Quest.

So you can imagine my surprise when I read the start of the first post that popped up when I opened the Cruise Critic app:

And ... PS - you owe us the bleach that's going to take to erase the image of that no-pants guy on the balcony from our memories. Yech! LOL!

Thanks for staying with it. I'm glad to see people like my humour.

GLOW PARTY!!!

The Glow Party, in Studio B, began at 10pm. When we arrived there weren't many people and mostly little kids running around. I didn't realize the actual party didn't begin until 10:45. We walked around for a bit before going back. During that time they were selling all kinds of 'Glow' merchandise. Glasses, hats, lanyards, rings, earrings etc... When we got back it was definitely busier. The party lasted for about an hour and had a lot of fun party music. Michelle & I thought it felt a lot like a Bar Mitzvah party.

15586422032_4f9cfe98b7_z.jpg

15586421972_0b025dea45_z.jpg

15398965859_ba4dcac237_z.jpg

15592436561_11ec394af4_c.jpg

15409099807_a2eeec8654_c.jpg

Looks great, I've not had good luck with this steak on previous cruises. Is it as good as it looks here?

It was pretty good. The Streak in Chops was a little better, but for a basic steak in the MDR this one was pretty good. It was nice & juicy and flavourful.