Allure of the Seas 2-in-1 Photo Review ~ October 12 & November 9, 2014

Cupcrazy

Kenny I think we may have come up short on a port day like Cozumel but went way over on sea days to make it a wash. I would do it again as long as the cost doesn't become prohibitive!! My bill at the end of cruise was about $60!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cupcrazy, I am so enjoying your review! You have a great talent for storytelling, and your group certainly gave you plenty of content, lol!

Seriously, though, it's rare to read about such a great, fun group. I'm not surprised the waiter got you the cucumber martini from 150 CP!

Looking forward to reading about the rest of your week!

Thank you! We are a fun group who goes on vacation to have a fun time. That's what vacation is all about. Relaxing, getting away from the real world and having fun.

Love this review and all the photos!!😍

Thanks!

Thank you! We are a fun group who goes on vacation to have a fun time. That's what vacation is all about. Relaxing, getting away from the real world and having fun.

Nate, that's the truth!! And have fun we did! Don't think I stopped laughing all week!!

The drink package I had covered all alcoholic beverages up to a certain price, I believe it was $12. There are just a few drinks that go over that and some wines that do as well. This Cucumber Martini was the only one I encountered all week that was more than $12. It is 150 Park's signature cocktail. It wasn't a big deal and of course it wasn't just about the cucumber floating in the cocktail. I thought Ivo went above and beyond by going over to 150 Park to get me the martini!!
Ooops I just want to clarify that I don't think you were wrong to buy the drink, or duped into it. I apologize for sounding overly harsh.

It does, however, seem wrong to me that RCCL would offer an alcohol package which covers "premium" drinks yet purposely omits higher-priced drinks so customers would be lured into additional purchases. I thought you were making a joke when you used the term "ultra-premium"...I didn't know it was real. Had I purchased the drink package, I'd have been caught by complete surprise that not all alcohol was covered. Thankyou for the info!

At this point, is RCCL the most cash-flow-positive of all cruiselines? Everything they do is financial genious, it seems to me. I know that all I really want is to schedule another Oasis-class cruise!

Ooops I just want to clarify that I don't think you were wrong to buy the drink, or duped into it. I apologize for sounding overly harsh.

It does, however, seem wrong to me that RCCL would offer an alcohol package which covers "premium" drinks yet purposely omits higher-priced drinks so customers would be lured into additional purchases. I thought you were making a joke when you used the term "ultra-premium"...I didn't know it was real. Had I purchased the drink package, I'd have been caught by complete surprise that not all alcohol was covered. Thankyou for the info!

At this point, is RCCL the most cash-flow-positive of all cruiselines? Everything they do is financial genious, it seems to me. I know that all I really want is to schedule another Oasis-class cruise!

NO worries Styx, didn't take it the wrong way, I just wanted to explain how the package worked. I actually think its well worth it to be able to budget that into the vacation as that is probably our biggest onboard expense during the week!! :)

I for one hit that mark by 9 am yes I said 9 am
No small feat, considering I struggled to get up before 10am even without the effects of "the package".

Mr. Gman, Since you were one of the movie stars on board, and Royal televised your championship several times during the cruise, I wondered if they thank you for being filmed? At least, do they give you a copy of their official footage?

And, were you famous during the remainder of the cruise?

Edited by styxfire

To give an assist to Cup we will be discussing Gman. Gman became an instant celebrity. People cheered and chanted every where. Elevators, promenade. Even in ports. None were more special when Gmans number one fan ran up to him and said I love you Gman. ImageUploadedByForums1414549544.375657.jpg.cc26efb0b9fd68205502de4a76b0d50a.jpg

His parents said he had been practicing his flops at the pool all day.

Let The Party Begin

Yes I was given DVDs of belly flop and sexy man the quest is a copyrighted thing so Thay could not give me that in all I won 4 metals 2 coffee mugs and a crown and the answer is yes people would come up to me in the dining room and the hallway the elevator I think there's even a picture of the little kid coming up and saying I love you G-manthank you for taking the time to write and I hope you enjoyed everything GMAN

Let the good times roll!

Hey, I don't know you but sorry for your loss. Thanks for continuing to write a great review!

My wife and I had our honeymoon on the Allure in March 2014, and we're going again this January... So reading all of this and seeing the pictures is getting me STOKED!

Quick Q: Who had the tuna? And could you tell me what they thought of it? It looks fantastic! And have you eaten at Samba grill yet? That's the one special meal I think we're going to go for.

I'm tempted to get the drink package, even though last time we didn't use $60/day worth of booze. I just felt like there were so many times I would have loved a drink but I was holding back due to money concerns. I guess the drink package lets you not worry about that, and just enjoy your cruise, eh? :D

Thanks again for putting in the time to write this!

To give an assist to Cup we will be discussing Gman. Gman became an instant celebrity. People cheered and chanted every where. Elevators, promenade. Even in ports. None were more special when Gmans number one fan ran up to him and said I love you Gman. [ATTACH]329438[/ATTACH]

His parents said he had been practicing his flops at the pool all day.

Let The Party Begin

That is so great! I admire GMan too. I wish sometimes that I wasn't as uptight as I am and could have that much fun.

At 6'4" and probably north of 340 I think I could give GMan a run in the flop contest though I don't know if I have the pipes to compete in karoke!

Hey, I don't know you but sorry for your loss. Thanks for continuing to write a great review!

My wife and I had our honeymoon on the Allure in March 2014, and we're going again this January... So reading all of this and seeing the pictures is getting me STOKED!

Quick Q: Who had the tuna? And could you tell me what they thought of it? It looks fantastic! And have you eaten at Samba grill yet? That's the one special meal I think we're going to go for.

I'm tempted to get the drink package, even though last time we didn't use $60/day worth of booze. I just felt like there were so many times I would have loved a drink but I was holding back due to money concerns. I guess the drink package lets you not worry about that, and just enjoy your cruise, eh? :D

We met Cupcrazy last year on Oasis, hit it off and started a new yearly tradition. It's all about just having a blast. As far as the drink packages. I say yes. Not only does it give you the guilt free ability to try different drinks or liquors. You also take the variable of a fluctuating alcohol bill out of the pic. I know everyone in my group was glad we got it

Let The Party Begin!!!

Thank you for the kind words. My girlfriend had the tuna. I tried it and it was fantastic. She loved it and would definitely order it again. In regards to Samba Grill, we didn't go there on this trip. Not because I didn't want to, but because my GF is kosher and can't eat the meat. I love Brazilian steakhouses. I'll be going to Samba when I'm back on Allure in 2 weeks. If you keep following my review I'll be posting about Samba when I get back from that trip.

Continuing from dinner at Chops. This dessert, I believe it was blueberry cheesecake, was everyone's favourite.

14973363703_32c95d7570_c.jpg

Later Tony Tillman (Headliner) was performing in the Amber Theatre. Tony sings mostly Motown, some Sammy Davis Jr. and he also cracked a few jokes. We thought he was very good. After doing a little research I found that Tony was voted Princess Cruises entertainer of the year in 2013. That must mean something.

http://www.princess.com/news/press_releases/2013/02/Entertainer-Of-The-Year-2012.html#.VFFR2Ockmnk

15407898020_501ac42937_c.jpg

When we got back to our room we had our 1 and only towel animal of the week sitting on the bed. We assumed it was because our friends had put that Just Married sign on our door.

15569825706_5847ce2d16_c.jpg

When the Disco party was over it was time to move up to the Schooner Bar again. Matt, Piano Man, entertained us great the entire week.

Matt got into the fun of the night too

15584072486_6c31b7b0d0_c.jpg

14987607343_c36903a356_c.jpg

15608589552_554b5d2b69_c.jpg

I'm not really sure what's going on here...

14987009844_f036a53db4_c.jpg

15607749285_2a2f54410b_c.jpg

Pool time

15593495775_be7cd14451_c.jpg

15590839721_f61493db8d_c.jpg

14973353423_a23ebbfbd1_c.jpg

Once again the band was playing pool side. Its very easy to fall asleep while laying out. We were laying on deck 16 where there was a nice breeze, it wasn't loud and the band playing in the background. We each fell asleep a couple times throughout the week.

15593500905_9527db94cc_c.jpg

15421754657_a488aa3949_c.jpg

14987008074_6e95d10bc0_c.jpg

In the above pictures you can see that Matt's tip jar was pretty full. A lot fuller than Charlie's was in the pub.

Time for another flying squirrel

14987605583_f1695b5226_c.jpg

15421753247_5204d431fb_c.jpg

15421752797_e28fe45fa0_c.jpg

Nate, I'm literally laughing out loud at the flying squirrel pictures!! That was sooooo funny!!!