BAMZ...swizzle...caves ????

butterflymama

We'll be there in May. We would like to visit the zoo/aquarium, stop at Swizzle Inn for cocktails and bite to eat, then visit the caves.

Does this sound like a plan?

What would be the best way to get to these places...ferry/bus combo?

Thanks or the info - I was looking for this - but we already did the caves - that's how we found the Sizzle Inn. So this time - we're just hitting the BAMZ and Sizzle Inn for lunch.

Thanks or the info - I was looking for this - but we already did the caves - that's how we found the Sizzle Inn. So this time - we're just hitting the BAMZ and Sizzle Inn for lunch.

Did you like the caves? I heard they are not that great.

It was OK - but there were a ton of stairs - something like 100. And everything that goes down - must come back up -

We were huffing and puffing till we got back to the top. And I think there were a few in our group that dropped out before we made it to the bottom.

It was OK - but there were a ton of stairs - something like 100. And everything that goes down - must come back up -

We were huffing and puffing till we got back to the top. And I think there were a few in our group that dropped out before we made it to the bottom.

Do you think they are worth going to?

I agree with abt. They were okay. I am going to Bermuda with a group of friends. I have been to the caves but they have not. They would like to see them. I really do not wish to go again (once is enough), so I may find something else to explore while they explore the caves.

I would not say it's a waist of money, but since I have already seen them I would rather spend what precious little time I have doing something new. Maybe I will sit at the Swizzle Inn and drink Rum Swizzles while I wait for them :)

I agree with abt. They were okay. I am going to Bermuda with a group of friends. I have been to the caves but they have not. They would like to see them. I really do not wish to go again (once is enough), so I may find something else to explore while they explore the caves.

I would not say it's a waist of money, but since I have already seen them I would rather spend what precious little time I have doing something new. Maybe I will sit at the Swizzle Inn and drink Rum Swizzles while I wait for them :)

Thanks. Is the Swizzle Inn close to the caves?

Thanks. Is the Swizzle Inn close to the caves?

Yes, it is within walking distance:).....loved it:D....make sure you

try a Rum Swizzle..it is yummy:D

Thanks. Someone also recommended Whaoo in St. George's. Have you ever heard of it or tried it?

my dh and I have eaten at Wahoo's a couple of times..the food is good..... outside and inside seating..located in St. George's which my favorite place to be...

my dh and I have eaten at Wahoo's a couple of times..the food is good..... outside and inside seating..located in St. George's which my favorite place to be...

have you been to Swizzle Inn? Trying to find out which place is better.

Thanks. Someone also recommended Whaoo in St. George's. Have you ever heard of it or tried it?

Haven't heard of it. At Swizzle I thought the fish sandwich was good, and the fish chowder; the nachos were typical. Chicken wings ok. It's bar food. I think people really go for the rum swizzles.

Caves: Went to the caves later in the day (3pm?), got on the next group going in so not much of a wait. We only did one cave and that was enough. Very interesting but I don't think you need to see (or pay for) 2.

Stairs going down are slippery. Coming up I had to pause a couple of times. I think it would be tough if you have any walking problems.

have you been to Swizzle Inn? Trying to find out which place is better.

yes, we've eaten at the Swizzle Inn...sat outside perfect day..food was good and service was good..drinks were great!!!!

Haven't heard of it. At Swizzle I thought the fish sandwich was good, and the fish chowder; the nachos were typical. Chicken wings ok. It's bar food. I think people really go for the rum swizzles.

Caves: Went to the caves later in the day (3pm?), got on the next group going in so not much of a wait. We only did one cave and that was enough. Very interesting but I don't think you need to see (or pay for) 2.

Stairs going down are slippery. Coming up I had to pause a couple of times. I think it would be tough if you have any walking problems.

yes, we've eaten at the Swizzle Inn...sat outside perfect day..food was good and service was good..drinks were great!!!!

Thanks for your input. My brother has some walking issues, maybe it's best not to go there. The rum swizzles sound great!

Thanks for your input. My brother has some walking issues, maybe it's best not to go there. The rum swizzles sound great!

If he has walking issues? I would not do the caves......

I went in 2013 and I have to say going down wasn't too bad but

coming back up?:(.......I wasn't sure I was going to make it:eek:.....

by the time I got back up to the top I had to sit down before I did

anything else.....it was a hard walk and I would not recommend it

for someone with mobility issues.

Are the caves guided tours? Can you take your time walking back up?

Yes, they are guided tours....well, you can be the last on the line and so

you wouldn't be holding anyone else up but to be honest, there is no way to "walk fast" going back up.

And I will never forget the tour guide...she was very nice but I remember she said they had given the

walk back up a nickname.....something like "Cardiac Climb"......I think she was trying to be funny but

it held true......it was a steeper walk going up than going down.......I didn't have a heart attack but was

definitely out of breath........I enjoyed the caves but not the walk.

Edited by Lois R

If he has walking issues? I would not do the caves......

I went in 2013 and I have to say going down wasn't too bad but

coming back up?:(.......I wasn't sure I was going to make it:eek:.....

by the time I got back up to the top I had to sit down before I did

anything else.....it was a hard walk and I would not recommend it

for someone with mobility issues.

Thanks.

I liked the caves - but the stair climb - not so much. I'm kind of a cave junkie. If there is a cave tour available - I'm all about doing the cave. :D

We haven't done Wahoo in St George, but did the White Horse in St George. We liked both Swizzle Inn and White Horse. This time our plan is something at Dockyard first day. Then Zoo and Aquarium, and Swizzle Inn second day, and Hamilton and Hog Penny on our third day.

I tried to make the fish chowder at home, and was really disappointed in my effort. So Bermuda fish chowder is something I have to do when we are here.