Weather in portland Maine

ranchette

What will the weather be like in Portland Maine the second week of June?

Probably, the in the 70's (Fahrenheit) by day and 50's by night. Possibly, extremes of 90's by day or 30's by night, but not very likely. It's coastal city in New England, so there is really no rational reason to try to predict whether it will be sunny, cloudy, rainy, etc.

Most likely, no blizzard or hurricane.

Lobsters will still be hard-shelled, which I prefer greatly over the soft-shell "shedders" of later summer.

Edited by Blue Mudshark

Probably, the in the 70's (Fahrenheit) by day and 50's by night. Possibly, extremes of 90's by day or 30's by night, but not very likely. It's coastal city in New England, so there is really no rational reason to try to predict whether it will be sunny, cloudy, rainy, etc.

Most likely, no blizzard or hurricane.

Lobsters will still be hard-shelled, which I prefer greatly over the soft-shell "shedders" of later summer.

Thank you for your reply. I know one can not predict what the weather will be but you gave me a good idea what it might be.

Once you're much closer to your sailing try accuweather.com and type in the location. I've found them to be pretty accurate. It may help you with packing.

We have friends in Maine and the weather can still be chilly, especially in the early morning hours.

Edited by midwestchick

In a word - gorgeous! But then I prefer days with a high of 70F or less and couldn't care less about the lows. Rain is not a particular concern for me either. We tend to go for a week or more, so a very rainy day offers the chance to rest and sightsee. The other days we are typically out hiking. If you do plan to head into the woods, I will mention that you are in black fly season. Bring DEET. Otherwise, you should be OK.

• 1 month later...
If anyone could answer this question, then they would be making a lot of money on the weather channel.

:D:D:D:D

Cheers

Len

You have to be a reality star to make money on the weather channel these days. They pretty much have given up on doing the weather anymore. Remember MTV? the M used to stand for music. :D