Port Everglades to MIA?

SuzD123

We are sailing out of Port Everglades in August. Our flights into FLL are all good, but our return flights changed this morning and had us "in the air" before we realistically could be off the ship and to the airport. The airline made some adjustments so now we return from MIA at 2:00pm. Taking a closer look, though 2:00 works well it leaves us with a very tight connection.

Though we'll be a bit more hurried in the morning the connection would be easier, but is a 12:00 noon MIA departure reasonable? Just trying to decide if I should call the airline back to make one more adjustment.

Edited by SuzD123

We are sailing out of Port Everglades in August. Our flights into FLL are all good, but our return flights changed this morning and had us "in the air" before we realistically could be off the ship and to the airport. The airline made some adjustments so now we return from MIA at 2:00pm. Taking a closer look, though 2:00 works well it leaves us with a very tight connection.

Though we'll be a bit more hurried in the morning the connection would be easier, but is a 12:00 noon MIA departure reasonable? Just trying to decide if I should call the airline back to make one more adjustment.

Yes, you would probably make the noon flight but it would be tight so I'd keep the 2PM one.

That way you aren't stressed and rushed off the ship.

Keep in mind that it is about a 40 minute drive from Port Everglades to MIA airport if everything goes well. One accident and you are 90 minutes. What if the ship gets hung up in customs?

Thank you Blue Herons. That was exactly the thought/concern running through my head, but since we've never driven the MIA to PE route before (or vice versa) I just wanted to confirm. Thank you again.

A cab from PE to MIA will run about $75-80 on the meter - not bad if there are 3-4 of you sharing the cab. Most of the popular FLL based shuttles do not service the MIA airport - check with Go Airport, Super Shuttle and American Shuttle. I would also look into private car service - Larry's Limos is often suggested for Miami service.