Victoria Stop on Alaska Cruise

aca911

My cruise is booked for August 7, 2016 out of Seattle on the Ruby Princess with a Victoria stop 7-11:59. The Princess website says it is a 3 hour tour.

In many cases, those timeframes include transit time. So may not be all that time on the water.

In Victoria on 21st September, just as it is everywhere else in the world, there are 12 hours between sunset and sunrise. Allowing for daylight saving and Victoria being a bit west of its local meridian, that'd make sunset about 7.30.

There's a very good miniatures museum only just off the inner harbour, which was open till 9pm last time I was there. You could visit that for an hour and then take a stroll along the front, for a pleasant low-intensity evening.

Edited by dsrdsrdsr

Just for the record, CVS Cruise Victoria now only contracts with Princess to provide shuttle service from the Ogden Point cruise terminal. Shuttle service for all other cruise line is provided thru the harbour authority and the return fare is now $11 return to/from Government St. across the street from the Empress Hotel. To the best of my knowledge all of CVS Cruise Victoria tours leave from across Government St. from the Empress Hotel.

http://www.cvscruisevictoria.com/

Just for the record, CVS Cruise Victoria now only contracts with Princess to provide shuttle service from the Ogden Point cruise terminal. Shuttle service for all other cruise line is provided thru the harbour authority and the return fare is now $11 return to/from Government St. across the street from the Empress Hotel. To the best of my knowledge all of CVS Cruise Victoria tours leave from across Government St. from the Empress Hotel.

http://www.cvscruisevictoria.com/

The tour my sister took last year, was their Butchart tour, which did have cruise ship pick up. The web site, has a "Cruise ship pick up" highlight as well? Have they changed this year?

The tour my sister took last year, was their Butchart tour, which did have cruise ship pick up. The web site, has a "Cruise ship pick up" highlight as well? Have they changed this year?

This all get complicated and you have to read the link closely....if the cruise line has contracted with CVS Cruise Victoria for an excursion then obviously there is a cruise terminal pick up. If the passenger is taking an independent tour with CVSCV or someone else then they going to have to take either the port authority shuttle to the Government St. transfer point or in the case of Princess take CVSCV shuttle to the Government St. transfer point then get on the CVSCV coach going to the Gardens or wherever. Clear eh what.

I totally disagree. I was in Victoria last month during the evening

and had a marvelous time:).....I have a friend who was working

on the ship and she had a very rare night off so we went and had

dinner at "Irish Times".....it is one of the many fun Pubs located

downtown:D

We ended up cancelling our whale watching tour in BC. This sounds like fun but will my 18 year old have any problems going into a pub with us? Also, has anyone gone to the castle or is it way too crowded with the limited amount of time we are in Victoria?

We ended up cancelling our whale watching tour in BC. This sounds like fun but will my 18 year old have any problems going into a pub with us? Also, has anyone gone to the castle or is it way too crowded with the limited amount of time we are in Victoria?

The castle is not a castle but a large mansion....IMO its not worth going.

The legal drinking age is 19 in BC. However, the laws have changed in BC permitting minors to enter pubs with adults and some of the Victoria pubs have embraced this change. Here is link to the ones that have. I would suggest the Sticky Wicket and the Irish Times both of which are in the downtown area:

http://victoriamom.ca/article/are-children-allowed-pubs-victoria#sthash.1W0Zsye7.dpbs

The castle is not a castle but a large mansion....IMO its not worth going.

The legal drinking age is 19 in BC. However, the laws have changed in BC permitting minors to enter pubs with adults and some of the Victoria pubs have embraced this change. Here is link to the ones that have. I would suggest the Sticky Wicket and the Irish Times both of which are in the downtown area:

http://victoriamom.ca/article/are-children-allowed-pubs-victoria#sthash.1W0Zsye7.dpbs

Thank you for the information! I looked up both pubs, I'm leaning towards the Irish Times and trying a "flight" while there! :)

Thank you for the information! I looked up both pubs, I'm leaning towards the Irish Times and trying a "flight" while there! :)

We went to Irish Times:D...had a wonderful meal....the food is very

good:)

Both pubs have good food, the reason I kind of lean toward the Sticky Wicket is, it for years has had a family section so youngsters are not thrown in with, shall we say more mature adults. That is not likely a problem with an 18 year old but could be with younger members of the family.