Question about my Venice hotel choice

RuthC

I have one night pre-cruise booked at the Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre San Giuliano.

I'll be arriving after a long day and an overnight flight, so all I will want to do is sleep/rest, be able to eat on site, and get to the port the next morning.

Can anyone confirm that I will be able to take a land taxi to the hotel when I arrive, and another land taxi to the pier the next day?

I do not want to get involved with water taxis or vaparettos.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

We've stayed at the Best Western Hotel Bologna a number of times and find it very convenient to get to the port from there. I'm not familiar with the Hilton Garden Inn, but a taxi to the port costs in the vicinity of €35 for two people and luggage.

Although I didn't use it, our hotel offered car service from the airport to the hotel. After a long flight, it might be a good choice.

Lew

Just look at the hotel web site ..... there's a bus stop across the street for easy access to the airport OR venice, so a land taxi can easily do the trip.

I have looked at the website, and that was my assumption, too.

I was just looking for confirmation that my assumption is correct.

We've stayed at the Best Western Hotel Bologna a number of times and find it very convenient to get to the port from there. I'm not familiar with the Hilton Garden Inn, but a taxi to the port costs in the vicinity of €35 for two people and luggage.

Although I didn't use it, our hotel offered car service from the airport to the hotel. After a long flight, it might be a good choice.

Lew

I'm sorry, but I'm not following how this answers my question. Is the Best Western very near the Hilton Garden Inn, so what's true for one is true for the other?

Is the Best Western very near the Hilton Garden Inn, so what's true for one is true for the other?

They're both in Mestre. Transportation options from the airport and to the port would be identical.

Lew

Ruth C,

While the name does include Venezia, Mestre is on the mainland, not Venice proper, so yes, taxi's and buses would be available. I'm not sure of the cost from that particular hotel. You could probably contact the hotel and ask them to arrange the transfer, being a Hilton, I'm sure they have association with one or more of the transfer companies, or at least give you pricing guidance.

Have a great trip!

Ruth C,

While the name does include Venezia, Mestre is on the mainland, not Venice proper, so yes, taxi's and buses would be available. I'm not sure of the cost from that particular hotel. You could probably contact the hotel and ask them to arrange the transfer, being a Hilton, I'm sure they have association with one or more of the transfer companies, or at least give you pricing guidance.

Have a great trip!

Thank you! That answers my question perfectly---"Yes, I can take a taxi to/from the hotel."

That's exactly what I wanted to know.

I'll consider a car service from the hotel to the pier, since the driver would be willing to handle my luggage. The last time I boarded in Venice (HAL transfer from the hotel), we had to stop at one place to turn over our luggage, then continue to the terminal for check-in.

Taxis or car services can easily handle each trip. Your hotel is on the same road as the airport (about four miles southwest) and is about the same distance from the cruise port.

If you make a google map of these coordinates, then go into street view you can see the hotel and its location alongside the main road from the airport to Venice.

45.479707, 12.270419

Google map link here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/45%C2%B028%2747.0%22N+12%C2%B016%2713.5%22E/@45.479707,12.270419,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

Just put the little street view man right on top of the red marker.

Edited by euro cruiser