Photo review DIY Lisbon

Absolutely beautiful pictures. We are going to Amsterdam, Bruges and hitting Lisbon on our cruise so I checked those three out. wow!! Bruges looks breath taking. thank you so much for including so many wonderful pictures!!

• 3 weeks later...

Enjoyed your pix and descriptions of Lisbon. We were thinking of seeing some of Lisbon and DIY train to Sintra. Do you think we would have time for both? Maybe just stay in Lisbon and to the tram to get around. And maybe the tuk tuks, that looks like fun and save the legs a bit. lol

Tony

As Tony noted, Tram 15 will take you to Belem in record time. Also, don't miss the delicious Belem pastries! We really enjoyed visiting both Belem Tower & Jeronimos Monastery.

Edited by dogs4fun

Just wondering how many can ride in the tuk tuk?

Hi there,

The one's we used were only for 2 passengers.

My husband, the gearhead, remembers seeing larger tuk tuks which can accommodate 4 people

Regards

Petra

• 4 weeks later...

Hi again Petra (or anyone else who may still be watching this), after more research and reading some tour books I still think that you have designed the perfect port day in Lisbon and am going to follow your plan so thanks again! I was just wondering how far it is from the Praca de Commercio to Alfama--I know you took the Tuk Tuk for mobility concerns but an wondering how close they are, I am having a hard time getting an idea of proximity from the things I am looking at (and I am terrible with directions anyway). Thanks in advance!

Also, are there any recommendations for a lunch stop? We would love to find something local and are generally pretty adventurous and open in our eating, hoping to get a feel for the culture in the ports we stop in by finding some non-touristy places for lunch (although none of us speak Portuguese, hopefully the kids' fluency in Spanish will help to some extent).

Hi again Petra (or anyone else who may still be watching this), after more research and reading some tour books I still think that you have designed the perfect port day in Lisbon and am going to follow your plan so thanks again! I was just wondering how far it is from the Praca de Commercio to Alfama--I know you took the Tuk Tuk for mobility concerns but an wondering how close they are, I am having a hard time getting an idea of proximity from the things I am looking at (and I am terrible with directions anyway). Thanks in advance!

Hello Ratfam,

I don't think it is very far, but hilly. I also do not know, how well the streets are "signposted". My husband has a build-in compass, so he is usually the navigator

IMG_1106.PNG

Hope this helps!

Petra

Also, are there any recommendations for a lunch stop? We would love to find something local and are generally pretty adventurous and open in our eating, hoping to get a feel for the culture in the ports we stop in by finding some non-touristy places for lunch (although none of us speak Portuguese, hopefully the kids' fluency in Spanish will help to some extent).

Sorry, can't help you with lunch! Hopefully someone else will chime in

Hi

Like Petra, and from memory, I don't think it's very far (2/3 mile ?) to the cathedral, with a final uphill climb to the castle (250 yards more ?). This was our look around that area. All the best, Tony

[YOUTUBE]z8KoKa6I7y0[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]zxEg6kwlF6Y[/YOUTUBE]

• 4 weeks later...