Adventure Review/Questions Page (sail dates July 11-18, 2015)

Just finished the A Route (i think they said that... A, B and C itineraries) on Adventure of the Seas and will be posting a review over the next few days when I get back into that mode. I'm current on ship, in San Juan, awaiting breakfast and disembarkation. Our ports were St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia and Barbados.

I didn't take a lot of pictures on ship, but have lots of info to share. Compass PDFs will have to wait until the office, but I might post jpgs tomorrow.

One popular pre-cruise topic, internet, is pictured below. Expensive on ship -- $20/day for one device unlimited, $10/day for a second device; $39.95 for 24 hours. The last day they offered $9.99 for 30 minutes (to check flights, get boarding passes, etc.

Many places on islands had free WiFi if you made a purchase. Barbados had it at the terminal free for everyone.

Fire away with questions... I'll answer as flight schedules allow.

Did you have the option to purchase just an individual day at $20/day? Or you had to purchase as a pkg for every day of your cruise and the total cost avgd out to that? I'd do $20 a day for the days at sea and just use the wifi in port if that is possible.

Did you have the option to purchase just an individual day at $20/day? Or you had to purchase as a pkg for every day of your cruise and the total cost avgd out to that? I'd do $20 a day for the days at sea and just use the wifi in port if that is possible.

No, the single day price was 39.95.

I believe it went down each day, but the lowest was for two days at that price.

Looking forward to seeing the cruise compass, we have a group of 32 doing the same route late September. We would like to know what theme nights there were. They had a 70's night our last cruise and we all dressed up for it. Were there theme nights on this cruise?

Thanks

Vegas Cruisers

Sailed on the Oasis last and we never could really get online using our iPads or iPhones:(. This sad mom just wanted to FaceTime with her little ones.

Thanks!

Adventure's WiFi is still not fast enough for video. Better to try that in ports using land based internet.

Which nights were formal? Did you see any drink menus at the bars?:)

Formal nights were 2 and 6 for us (that was St. Maarten and Barbados on our trip). I read somewhere it is never first or last because of luggage reasons (unpacking and packing).

I wasn't at the bars much, but I'm sure you can get anything. I saw standard beers and lots of frozen ones. They served something in a full pineapple at the pool (non-alcoholic available).

There are also specialty bars including champagne and a pub, with beers from around the world. There is a special drink of the day to be listed in the compass.

Edited by jimsohio

QUOTE=dacsmom;47168622]What did you do in each port? Did you stay in San Juan pre-cruise?

We flew into San Juan on Thursday afternoon and stayed in old San Juan. Definitely see the forts, which will only take 3-4 hours at most. There's a free trolley that circles during the day, but its walkable in 10-15 minutes. We had kids 5, 9 and 12 with us and only took the trolley once, on the long end.

In our ports, we made our own excursion to see planes land at Maho Beach, wandered town the morning of St. Kitts (pool in the afternoon), wandered town then did a private tour of Antigua (find Bobby with the beard if you can!) and did excursions on St. Lucia (official RC to the Pitons) and Barbados (unofficial on a boat named Elegance -- very good).

Edited by jimsohio
Duplicate post originally

We rented a jeep in St. Martin and drove all around the island. It was a blast.

St. Kitts we got off of the boat late and just wandered around the port.

We never made it off of the boat in Antigua.

St. Lucia, we tried to walk to the beach and got hopelessly lost. Ended up at this great hotel and had some food and drinks then made our way back to the boat.

Barbados, went to The Boatyard. It was the perfect beach day.

With Adventure on my distant schedule, I'll watch with anticipation. I find all reviews to have some merit. But your ABC reference caught my attention, I thought that referred to Aruba, Bonaire, and Curaco. My next trip that those islands. That said, I'll look forward to what you have to say about the ship and the islands you did visit.

We sail on B2B in 12 weeks. I was wondering if they collect your passports when you get on the ship? We had that happen on our last cruise out of Rome, and I didn't like that at all, but they said it was new for RC sailings.

Maybe it was just a European thing, so I was curious if they did that on your cruise? Like I said, never saw it before.

Also wondering if you knew of anyone doing a B2B on Adventure. Just trying to determine if we have to get off or not, I have heard different ways different ships handle people doing B2B and just wondering how Adventure handles it.

Some folks say you get off but get right back on (to get a new card) and some people say they just met in a certain location on the ship and were given new cards for the second week.

No big deal either way, just curious. Thanks.

Also wondering if you knew of anyone doing a B2B on Adventure. Just trying to determine if we have to get off or not, I have heard different ways different ships handle people doing B2B and just wondering how Adventure handles it.

Some folks say you get off but get right back on (to get a new card) and some people say they just met in a certain location on the ship and were given new cards for the second week.

No big deal either way, just curious. Thanks.

I just did a B2B on the Adventure and first off they don't take your passports, that's just Europe.

Secondly, we stayed on the ship after leg 1. We had to meet at one of the lounges at 11:15 so we relaxed in the pool all morning while everyone else waiting to get off and then proceeded to the designated lounge. They gave us new cards, checked us "out" and then back "on" while we waited for customs. Customs came on board and checked our documentation and we were then off to a B2B only lunch in the dinning room.

Formal nights were 2 and 6 for us (that was St. Maarten and Barbados on our trip). I read somewhere it is never first or last because of luggage reasons (unpacking and packing).

+1 on the same nights when we did the July 4-11 cruise.

I just did a B2B on the Adventure and first off they don't take your passports, that's just Europe.

Secondly, we stayed on the ship after leg 1. We had to meet at one of the lounges at 11:15 so we relaxed in the pool all morning while everyone else waiting to get off and then proceeded to the designated lounge. They gave us new cards, checked us "out" and then back "on" while we waited for customs. Customs came on board and checked our documentation and we were then off to a B2B only lunch in the dinning room.

Great, thanks for the information!! So looking forward to our first B2B!!

Here are the Compasses for the Jul 11-18 Cruise:

Note that the day 2 and day 3 entertainment got swapped after the compass was printed, so both list the Las Vegas Revue show. Day 2 became a great ventriloquist, Ronn Lucas.

BoardingInfo_SanJuan.pdf

Day1_SanJuan.pdf

Day2_StMaarten.pdf

Day3_StKitts.pdf

Day4_Antigua.pdf

Day5_StLucia.pdf

Day6_Barbados.pdf

Day7_AtSea.pdf

Here are the dinner menus for the cruise. Sorry I did not get the desserts or the main dining room breakfasts.

Since I have a copy (probably of a copy), the quality is not great, but I hope it helps. Email or message me if you can't read something.

menus.pdf

I wasn't at the bars much, but I'm sure you can get anything. I saw standard beers and lots of frozen ones. They served something in a full pineapple at the pool (non-alcoholic available).

There are also specialty bars including champagne and a pub, with beers from around the world. There is a special drink of the day to be listed in the compass.

Thanks so much for your quick response and for the menus and compasses. They will certainly help in my planning for our August cruise.:)

Here are the Compasses for the Jul 11-18 Cruise:

Note that the day 2 and day 3 entertainment got swapped after the compass was printed, so both list the Las Vegas Revue show. Day 2 became a great ventriloquist, Ronn Lucas.

[ATTACH]356539[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]356540[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]356541[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]356546[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]356542[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]356543[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]356545[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]356547[/ATTACH]

Thank You for posting :):D:)