What's the temperature like at night on the cruise?

uc828

Hello everyone,

For those who just came back from the Baltic cruise, can you tell me what the temperature is like if you are on the deck at night. Is it chilly? Trying to decide what kind of jacket to bring for our upcoming cruise with Regal Princess. Appreciate all your tips and advice!

I am on the Regal Princess from August 9 - 20, 2015. In the 50s? Really? That low?

If they make the MDR cold, what about the ladies? Aren't they wearing dresses and not heavy jacket?

I am on the Regal Princess from August 9 - 20, 2015. In the 50s? Really? That low?

Could be but could also be allot warmer but the "summer" so far have been very rainy and quite cold.

The weather is expected to continue to be dominated by low pressures moving in on Scandinavia from the North Atlantic.

Edited by Desdichado62

Hello everyone,

For those who just came back from the Baltic cruise, can you tell me what the temperature is like if you are on the deck at night. Is it chilly? Trying to decide what kind of jacket to bring for our upcoming cruise with Regal Princess. Appreciate all your tips and advice!

Three words to Google: "historic weather average"

I just plugged in those words and "Stockholm" and got the following URL:

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/History.aspx?location=SWXX0031

(I happen to like the Intellicast site, but there are other sites you may prefer. The information among sites is quite consistent.)

The people who are telling you the average nighttime low in August is in the 50s are giving you accurate information.

The average low is 54.9

The average high is 68.7

Add wind to this air temperature from the moving ship at night and you make the call how to dress or whether to go on deck at all!

If they make the MDR cold, what about the ladies? Aren't they wearing dresses and not heavy jacket?

We sailed mid to late august a couple of years ago. I have said many times already, you could definitely feel the autumn chill in the air on many mornings and evenings. We started most every day with a light jacket, but by mid day it came off and short sleeve shirts were the norm. Of course, that is the average, but you could hit a heat wave or a cold spell.

On the ship, while cruising, NO ONE opted to sit in any shady areas. it was chilly during the day and cooler at night. Myself, I avoid the sun as I have had melanoma, but on this cruise, the warmth of the sun was great. people were all bring the lounge chairs from one side of the ship to the sunny side.

And we had glorious sunshine thru out the entire cruise. Throw in a rainy day and it could be pretty chilly.

We like the chilly weather that's why we opted for this cruise at this time of the year.

Cheers

Len

Edited by Giantfan13

Average is one thing, actual weather is something else. If you were to stay for two straight weeks you could very well experience all kinds of possible weather.

Torrential rain, hail, thunder, generally cold grey weather, reasonable nice summer days and heat waves.

Sometimes the weather can change so fast that it almost was like someone flipped a switch.

Last summer, the weather was really nice with a long heat wave where the temperature stayed above 20C even during nights.

Some years it's cold already in mid August, other years the summer stretches it's legs a long way into September and October.

So for the summer, the day temperature can be anything from low 50's to hight 70's / mid 80's (Fahrenheit).

It can be cold and rainy/grey, it can be warm and sunny but also the complete opposite and any possible combination in between.

Could be but could also be allot warmer but the "summer" so far have been very rainy and quite cold.

The weather is expected to continue to be dominated by low pressures moving in on Scandinavia from the North Atlantic.

I've been following the weather and have noted all the rain. Did you say that it is expected to continue? For how long?

We'll be in Norway Aug. 12-19, cruising Aug. 20-31, and in Copenhagen Sept. 1-4.

Sue

I've been following the weather and have noted all the rain. Did you say that it is expected to continue? For how long?

We'll be in Norway Aug. 12-19, cruising Aug. 20-31, and in Copenhagen Sept. 1-4.

Sue

Well as always with the weather around here, nobody knows for how long it will continue.

We were on a Baltic Cruise from July 22- Aug 3 and it was chilly and windy. The highs of the day were only in the mid 60's, but add wind and some days were overcast, and it was cold. I wore a sweater and scarf most days, and several days I wore gloves.

Edited by ctnurse

We were in the Baltics early June. We're from central Texas, so it felt quite cool to us. Most days were windy and scattered rain. One of our sea days was sunny, but the wind on the deck was cold. We sat out bundled up in blankets, even in the sun, and my feet were frozen by the end of the movie we were watching.

For some reason, my mom has been keeping tabs of Copenhagen's weather since coming home. It never gets above mid 60's.

As for night time outside, I'd assume very cool. We brought light weight down jackets (LL Bean) and got a lot of use out of them. Bring a pashmina that you can use as a scarf also. I got so much use from mine.