Jet skis in GC?

DiamondBill102

They have them but I'm not sure where. Earlier this summer 2 jet skis crashed there and at least one of the injured people was a cruiser on a port day. Be careful!

I've been looking at jet skis too. There are jet ski tours that go to sting ray city and other popular places. I am passing because I don't want to follow someone around on a jet ski!

I want to be free! With that said, I went on a cruise several years ago and I was in GC and didn't do an excursion. I wanted to enjoy the beach. Luckily there were jet ski rentals right there and to this day one of my favorite things ever! The water was gorgeous and it was just so much fun.

I'm going to be in GC in September and plan on doing a short excursion to sting ray city (never been) then hitting up the beach and renting a jet ski.

Fat Fish Adventures is excellent, a guide takes you to the different spots but you are able to go at your pace and have fun. One of our best days while staying on GCM and a locals fav!

YOu can also rent them on your own at Rum Point

Edited by blue_water

They have them but I'm not sure where. Earlier this summer 2 jet skis crashed there and at least one of the injured people was a cruiser on a port day. Be careful!

Both parties were visiting off cruise ships. One person died in the collision.

Please pay careful attention to the safety briefing and follow the rules.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if they have jet skis in Grand Cayman and if so where?

Hi,

There are waverunner/ jet ski rentals at Royal Palms, Seagrapes Public Beach, Rum Point Beach Club that I know of for sure. Check Red Sail Sports Grand Cayman for more info. http://www.redsailcayman.com/waverunner-rentals/details

I am pretty sure that Ritz, Westin, Marriott, and Grand Cayman Beach Suites offers rentals as well on their stretch of Seven Mile.

Edited by CocoCandy

I've been looking at jet skis too. There are jet ski tours that go to sting ray city and other popular places. I am passing because I don't want to follow someone around on a jet ski!

I want to be free! With that said, I went on a cruise several years ago and I was in GC and didn't do an excursion. I wanted to enjoy the beach. Luckily there were jet ski rentals right there and to this day one of my favorite things ever! The water was gorgeous and it was just so much fun.

I'm going to be in GC in September and plan on doing a short excursion to sting ray city (never been) then hitting up the beach and renting a jet ski.

Many places require you to stay within view of the rental location. FFA was very flexible and let us go off on our own as long as we didn't go a different direction. We went to Rum Point while the rest of the crew went to the reef...

We'd recommend spending the day with FFA instead of taking another stingray excursion and then renting a jet ski in SMB but we just loved our day and we worked around the more crowded tours...