Public beaches: Ocho Rios and Cozumel

youknownothingjonsnow

In Grand Caymen use Captain Marvin's Stingray Tour This company has been doing tours since 1951 Fantastic! I had never snorkeled. A person went with me one on one using the life preserver. I had the best time. A photographer took pictures posing with the stingrays and other things. Got a wonderful CD with lots of extra photos of underwater pics. Very satisfied!!

In Cozumel we like to walk towards town (turn left when you exit the terminal area) and there are little restaurant/bars along the beach that allow you to use their chairs and beach as long a you buy a drink. Usually they have some kind of special going for beer and/or Margaritas.

Looking for suggestions on beaches in Ocho Rios and/or Cozumel for my January Breeze cruise. (Other stop is Grand Cayman and we plan to book a snorkel excursion).

In either port, is there a nice beach within walking distance?

Any help offered is much appreciated!

In Ocho Rios there is a beach about a 15 minute walk from the ship.

You can see it from the ship...the is a bay right there.

Once you get out of the port area continue straight till you reach the main street. Turn left, walk about 10 min. (if you pass a gas station you have gone too far) If you check google maps you can see it right near the port.

The beach is on your left, you have to go through a mall type area (not a road). If you are not sure just ask where the beach entrance is.

Admission is $3. It is a fenced in area. There is security, lifeguard, picnic tables, shade trees, bar, change area, washrooms. You can rent loungers, I saw some wave runners, not sure about other activities, there are some small boats that will bring you out to a reef for a fee. Nobody trying to sell you anything. Very quiet, clean beach.

I would return if I had nothing else planned

Cozumel...I believe there is beach access at the Park Royal hotel ( 5-10 min. walk from Port Maya) but I have never used their services. I have seen online that you have to pay an all-inclusive fee. You would have to do some research on this one. There are other all-inclusive beach clubs, as well as many where you just pay for what you eat and drink, but you would have to take a taxi to them.

Have a great cruise

Lots of beach club suggestions for Coz if you search this board - most of the beach clubs are lined up along the same side of the island, so the quality of the sand/water will be similar - what makes the difference is the amenities and facilities. Some are larger, some smaller, some pay-as-you-go, some all-inclusive, some quiet, some party atmosphere, some attract families/kids, some focus on adults.

Paradise Beach, Mr. Sanchos, Nachi Cocom, Playa Mia and the Money bar are a few of the most often suggested beach clubs for Coz. Do some homework and come back if you have questions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Check out Rose Hall Resort in Mo Bay. We docked in Falmouth & were transported via bus to Mo Bay and Rose Hall. It was a fabulous AI and we'd definitely use resortforaday.com again and go back again. I think it was a 20-25 min ride from Falmouth to Mo Bay.