Horseshoe Bay

mvon

The Cliff's Notes answer: Bus. And I'm sure others will chime is as to how/where/when/how much. Whether you're docking at King's wharf or Hamilton bus is the easiest, most convenient and least expensive way to get there.

Edited by marco

How many people in your party? Their ages and fitness can be a factor in what form of transportation you chose. A group of four or five can share the cost of a taxi for close to what it will cost for the bus and you will get there faster and be dropped off right at the beach instead of walking down the hill. Same thing going back.

Wanting to go to horseshoe bay on our own! What is the best way for us to get there?

You can take a taxi, public bus, or the shuttle service if you are docked at Dockyard. What is best depends....

How many in your party. How many days in Bermuda, if several days and you need other transportation there is a transportation pass good on public buses and ferries.

As an example I was in Bermuda three days in June. Since I was going to be using the ferry to St. George and Hamilton I got a two day transportation pass for Day 1 and 2 and took the bus on Day 2 to Horseshoe. On Day 3 which was the last day I took the private Horseshoe Bay Shuttle which is $16 round trip.

Taxi and Shuttle drive right down to the beach. The buses drop you off at the top of a hill which some don't like walking back up. If you take a bus there is a gentleman who shuttles people up of $2.

Edited by Charles4515

We are a family of 3, plus my parents! We will be cruising on breakaway in October! The shuttle sounds like our best option! Where will this be located? Do you have to pre reserve? What times do they run? Thanks so much for your help!

We are a family of 3, plus my parents! We will be cruising on breakaway in October! The shuttle sounds like our best option! Where will this be located? Do you have to pre reserve? What times do they run? Thanks so much for your help!

No, you don't have to pre reserve the shuttle. They sell tickets at the shuttle pick up point which is at Zone 6. Also at the Visitor Information Center. Zone 6 is on the road coming off of the docks. It won't be hard to find. They run to the beach between 8 to 3. Last shuttle back from the beach is at 6.

fdc6d74c2c85b9c0bd9c7d477ab1666c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

With a large group you can simply hire a taxi for five or a van which holds eight. Go thru the Pink Bermuda immigration building. Walk to taxi stand. Tell person on charge what you need. He/she talks into walkie talkie. Your taxi is there in less than three minutes.

Edited by Got2Cruise