FLL - Hilton Marina vs Embassy Suites - 17th St area

DaveOKC

Help clarify please. I went to the MVP link and the lists of the Hiltons don't mention any with the name Hilton Marina....so what Hilton is the one being referred? The prices were all over $200 for January so wondering where the $88 priced Hilton would be. Thanks.

First, the prices in January will be alot higher than I am paying in early Dec.

Second, the hotel name is Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina. Address - 1881 SE 17th Street.

Phone is 954-463-4000.

Hi, I am looking for 1 night on Sat, Dec 5 pre cruise. I logged in using link above with my Hiltons numbers and the least expensive room price at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina is 119. Am I doing something wrong? I would love to get it for 88 a night.

Thanks for your help.:)

Edited by taylortime05
added hotel name

Hi, I am looking for 1 night on Sat, Dec 5 pre cruise. I logged in using link above with my Hiltons numbers and the least expensive room price at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina is 119. Am I doing something wrong? I would love to get it for 88 a night.

Thanks for your help.:)

I think your price is higher than my $79 since you are booking a Saturday night. Mine is Sunday - fewer ships in port generally mean lower prices at the hotels. Supply and demand at work.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking through that Hiltons Honors link for Friday december 11th and Sunday the 20h at Hilton Marina and getting $149. Is that the price for those nights/weekends or am I doing something wrong? I appreciate any help.

Also I'm considering Bahia Mar for the 11th. Our flight gets in at noon and we will have all day to explore something, without a car. My kids love the beach so thinking that may be the best option pre-cruise and then doing Hilton Marina our 1 day post cruise so we can do the waterway.

Also looking to take cabs to/from airport and pier so hoping I'm not choosing hotels too far away and cab rides will cost a fortune. Any thoughts? There will be 6-7 in our group so will likely need 2 cabs or a van cab.

This has been one of my favorite threads. Thanks for all of the help!!

I'm looking through that Hiltons Honors link for Friday december 11th and Sunday the 20h at Hilton Marina and getting $149. Is that the price for those nights/weekends or am I doing something wrong? I appreciate any help.

Also I'm considering Bahia Mar for the 11th. Our flight gets in at noon and we will have all day to explore something, without a car. My kids love the beach so thinking that may be the best option pre-cruise and then doing Hilton Marina our 1 day post cruise so we can do the waterway.

Also looking to take cabs to/from airport and pier so hoping I'm not choosing hotels too far away and cab rides will cost a fortune. Any thoughts? There will be 6-7 in our group so will likely need 2 cabs or a van cab.

This has been one of my favorite threads. Thanks for all of the help!!

Rates will vary by day, especially when there are alot of ships in port. Further, the 20th is getting very close to the holidays.

Help clarify please. I went to the MVP link and the lists of the Hiltons don't mention any with the name Hilton Marina....so what Hilton is the one being referred? The prices were all over $200 for January so wondering where the $88 priced Hilton would be. Thanks.

There are NO $88 Hiltons in South Florida in January.

Plan on spending $200 booking traditionally.

Beware of any hotel under $150 during that time.

There are NO $88 Hiltons in South Florida in January.

Plan on spending $200 booking traditionally.

Beware of any hotel under $150 during that time.

The $88 rate I mentioned was for early Dec. Big difference from January - March rates to be sure!

I would go with the Hilton for sure! You can walk next door to Einstein Brothers Bagels and for $10 get a bagel and coffee.

How close is Einstein Bros Bagels to the Hilton Marina? I looked on googlemaps and it seems to be quite a distance. Is there another one I am not seeing?

Edited by crazyboutdisney

And where exactly is the Einstein Bros?? You previously said it is right next door but I cant find it on googlemaps. We are staying at the Hilton Marina in March

I looked it up and it seems to be basically across the street from the Harbor Shops, one block west of Eisenhower Blvd.

Why the fixation with Einstein Bros.? It's a bagel.

Roz

LOL

I think they're just looking for somewhere close to the Hilton FLL Marina where they can pick up an inexpensive breakfast.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Thank you so much for this link. We just saved $70 at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina for 2 nights in January. So simple, just plugged in the Hilton Honors number.

Glad it worked for you - it does not always on busy days (no need to discount I guess). My brother just booked there yesterday for 2 stays in April and got a great rate.

Any experiences with the Marina Standard Rooms vs the Pool View with Balcony at the Hilton? Just based off the stock photo on the Hilton site, it looks like the Marina Standard must be in the tower without balcony? Any tips for avoiding the parking lot view rooms in the west villa, what category are they?

• 7 months later...

I know this is an old thread but I want to thank you for the info. I had booked the Hilton through Expedia for the lowest price I could find. Going through this link knocked $32 per night off the rate. Thank you!!! FWIW, the ES was our first choice but at almost $50 more per night it wasn't worth it to us. Water Taxi stop on-sight is also a plus.

I know this is an old thread but I want to thank you for the info. I had booked the Hilton through Expedia for the lowest price I could find. Going through this link knocked $32 per night off the rate. Thank you!!! FWIW, the ES was our first choice but at almost $50 more per night it wasn't worth it to us. Water Taxi stop on-sight is also a plus.

Glad it worked out. My brother stayed here on that rate 10 days ago and reported that he got a great room and really loved the property.

We stayed in a srd room using points for a free night in January. We were happy with the room as it was in the tower and renovated. Our view was looking out to 17th St and we had a Balconey. We dined onsite at the bar outside and it was good. Shuttle to port in morning was 6 bucks pp.

I keep seeing these two hotels come up very frequently on these boards because they are both so close to the port.

So......I booked Embassy Suites for our pre cruise night before boarding Oasis and we are staying at the Hilton Marina for our one night post cruise before an early flight back to Cali. (Going to Total Wine for our two bottles of vino)

If I remember....after a week of cruising.....I will try to post a quick comparison after we get home. We are staying in a regular suite at Embassy but have a tower room requested for the Hilton Marina.

Looking forward to hopping on the water taxi and trying one of the waterfront restaurants too.

Can't wait! A month to go before our first cruise on Oasis. Haven't been out to sea since Navigator two years ago.

MTG

Edited by maitaiguy