HELP Lax to long beach

castephens

Never like the idea to fly in the day of the cruise but that is a story in itself.

If it is just one of you and you want a low cost option certainly SuperShuttle is a good option. Web site is http://www.supershuttle.com

If you would like a private car recommendation than I do use Execucar which is a subsidiary of SuperShuttle and their web site is http://www.execucar.com

Keith

I used MB Executive Transportation. He was about $50 higher than Super Shuttle's quote for my family and he was EXCELLENT. He picked us up in a big, roomy, gorgeous SUV and got us to the terminal very quickly. I just posted a review about his services on Yelp:

Mark will be the only one I call if I ever need a lift in LA again! I called him at 6pm Sunday to get quotes for a Monday morning pick up from the airport, dropping off at the Long Beach cruise terminal. He was hanging out at the Emmys, so was able to chat, and quoted me the most reasonable price I'd heard so far. When I asked if he had carseats, he said he didn't, but was interested in knowing more - since a few folks would use him for airport drop offs and he'd keep the seats until they returned. I mentioned to him that Cali law states that kids under 9 years old MUST be in restraints. He told me he'd be willing to pick up what I needed for my two kids as an investment in his business! I hopped on Walmart's website, found a 24 hr one, and then texted him the pictures of the seats I thought would be the most flexible for his business, as well as meeting my family's needs. He bought them and picked us up at the airport at 9am with them in the back of the SUV! :D Nothing quite like installing an unfamiliar carseat at LAX to wake a body up, but I'd told him to let us install them if he wasn't comfortable doing so since we've installed seats a few times before.

I was so incredibly floored by his willingness to go above and beyond! Not to mention, he's just a cool cat to talk with! He was incredibly kind to my daughters, and had the seats installed properly for the return trip. His prices were EXTREMELY reasonable - $50 more than a shared van from the airport. Can I go out to LA again just to use his services, please??

There are plenty of land transportation companies such as Execucar, Karmel, OnTime (that's the company we used to take us between our house and the port in San Pedro), Lotus -- you'll want a private vehicle, but as Keith mentioned, the real concern is flying in the day of a cruise.